Help with tanking logs

Hey guys, I am new to Warcraft logs, and can get around it pretty decently, but I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly I can look at to help me improve on my tanking.
    I look at the boss fights and see what my uptime on Ironfur is.
    I look to see how much incoming damage I'm taking from certain abilities to see if I'm optimizing Ironfur.
    I try to compare my run with the "compare" function to see what they are doing that I may not be doing.
    I am not sure how to compare my damage taken against heals received properly to see if the healer is struggling to keep me going or not.

Most of what I'm looking through is Mythic + runs, which seems like it doesnt carry the same information as a Raid log does. I would really like to see how I rank as a tank in each dungeon I run as well, but I cant seem to find that function... DPS ranking is pretty much right on the main page, but tank survivability isn't anywhere I can find.

I cant really seem to find any good info on how to look up good log information for tanks, so I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction? Thank you!

It's more like general guidelines than a specific rotation or use of abilities. Stay alive the most efficient way possible (respecting your healers' mana), position yourself properly and once you feel safe survivability-wise, push for damage. Ironfur is your staple for physical dmg reduction, Mark of Ursol for magic, barkskin is in a low-ish cd so kinda spamable and SI for the oh-shit moments.
    Tanking is not about specific defensive rotations, it's more about knowing your role, knowing the fight, having a wide perception of your raid surroundings, in order to make tweaks and decisions of the fly and having a good feel of when you need to use what in order to stay alive with the least resources spent.
    Same rules apply for Mythic+, with damage having additional importance since you're on the clock and for high levels, kiting being important aswell.
    Instead of going through logs, I would suggest you watching some tank streamers (eg Slootbag) in order to get a better feel of the way they perform their role as a tank.