Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

New 7.1 Shadow notes.

Priest (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)

Void Torrent Raise your dagger into the sky, channeling a torrent of void energy into the target for [ 4 + 240% 220% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 4 sec. Insanity does not drain during this channel. Requires Voidform. Artifact. 40 yd range. 4 sec cast (Channeled). 60 sec cooldown.

Talents

Dominant Mind You may also control your own character while Mind Control is active, but Mind Control has a 3 2 min cooldown, and it may not be used against players. Priest - Level 45 Talent.

Guardian Angel When Guardian Spirit expires without saving the target from death, reduce its remaining cooldown to 60 90 seconds. Holy Priest - Level 60 Talent.

Discipline & Shadow

Shadow Word: Pain (Discipline, Holy) A word of darkness that causes [ 1 + 45% 41% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage instantly, and an additional [ 7 + 45% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 14 sec.

Shadow Word: Pain (Shadow) A word of darkness that causes [ 1 + 45% 41% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage instantly, and an additional [ 7 + 45% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 14 sec.

Shadow

Mind Blast (Discipline, Holy) Blasts the target's mind for [ 300% [ 275% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.

Mind Blast (Shadow) Blasts the target's mind for [ 300% [ 275% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.

Mind Flay (Discipline, Holy) Assaults the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing [ 4 + 60% 55% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

Mind Flay (Shadow) Assaults the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing [ 4 + 60% 55% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

Shadow Word: Death A word of dark binding that inflicts [ 1 + 360% 325% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to the target. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. Generates 10 Insanity, or 30 if the target dies. Priest - Shadow Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.

Shadowy Apparitions When your Shadow Word: Pain damage over time critically strikes, you also create a shadowy version of yourself that floats towards the target and deals [ 1 + 30% 27.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Priest - Shadow Spec.

Vampiric Touch A touch of darkness that causes [ 6 + 87% 79% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec, and heals the Priest for 50% of damage dealt. If Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller flees in Horror for 3 sec. Generates 4 Insanity. Priest - Shadow Spec. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Void Bolt For the duration of Voidform, your Void Eruption ability is replaced by Voidbolt: Sends a bolt of pure void energy at the enemy, causing [ 1 + 220% 200% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Requires Voidform. Generates 16 Insanity. Priest - Shadow Spec.

The bolded numbers above are the proposed new numbers, while the preceding numbers are the existing numbers for how things are right now on live.

So. In response to Spriests' concern over a lack of AOE and issues regarding being focused around S2M, they're now nerfing Spriest DPS output.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

One thing to keep in mind is that if we get shadowform, we get 10% more damage. So this could just be a change to nullify that and keep the flavor of Sform.

Deleted
    There was no alternative. Good shadows are much too strong right now, by far best dps right now. If it is a nerf at all. They should have touched S2M instead since thats the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    There was no alternative. Good shadows are much too strong right now, by far best dps right now. If it is a nerf at all. They should have touched S2M instead since thats the issue.
    This, instead of nerfing our dots they should actually be buffing them and doing something about StM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    There arent so many good shadows out there. But yeah ...balancing for the .1 % is the way to go. Now others who didnt grind and raid mythic are nerfed by a lot. But whatever, it's Blizzard. They arent able to balance shit anyways. No DH buffs, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    So. In response to Spriests' concern over a lack of AOE and issues regarding being focused around S2M, they're now nerfing Spriest DPS output.
    They said that making the other lvl100 talents for us will take time, so at least they are looking at it. Though i would say with the recent Mind Sear buff, our aoe is absolutely fine.

It's already confirmed to be misleading datamining. Shadow is not getting a nerf, at least in this ptr build.

I'm a bit confused here.

We got shadowform which is 10% more damage, and then they nerfed our spells. My guess is this basically means we do about the same as we do now, except...

What is the point of shadowform giving 10% more damage? I thought it was to help our DPS outside voidform which we kind of need, but with these changes, it makes no difference anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I'm a bit confused here.

We got shadowform which is 10% more damage, and then they nerfed our spells. My guess is this basically means we do about the same as we do now, except...

What is the point of shadowform giving 10% more damage? I thought it was to help our DPS outside voidform which we kind of need, but with these changes, it makes no difference anymore.
    Did you really expect them to actually buff SPriests in this build? Serious question.

Deleted
    I'm a bit confused here.

I'm also a bit confused Wasn't shadowform always there? I don't recall any recent changes to that. Didn't it always give 10%dmg boost?

Well, we still get the physical damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Did you really expect them to actually buff SPriests in this build? Serious question.
    No, but what's the point then of giving shadowform 10% more damage, and then nerfing the spells? Wouldn't the more efficient thing be to not change anything with our spells and just not include 10% damage to shadowform? Like I said, I thought the 10% change was to improve our DPS outside voidform when we first got it (which also didn't make sense since shadow definitely does not need a buff right now in raids).

Quote Originally Posted by 4fr0 View Post
    I'm also a bit confused Wasn't shadowform always there? I don't recall any recent changes to that. Didn't it always give 10%dmg boost?
    No, right now we are just permanently shrouded in a shadowy void thing. It's not shadowform or anything. What they did on the PTR is give us a toggleable shadowform buff, I'm guessing due to the complains that people were stuck in that shadowy void thing and unable to see their transmogs or w/e. They also added a 10% damage bonus to that shadowform buff, on top of making it apply to voidform, which makes voidform give us 30% damage compared to the 20% now. All of that didn't make sense unless you assumed it was to help our DPS in dungeons/outside world by making us better in situations where mobs died too fast for us to go into voidform.

Of course this indirectly meant a buff to S2M in raids, which also didn't make sense. So what did Blizzard end doing today? They nerfed our spells, meaning the net change is basically nothing, and they went in one big circle for no fucking reason. Basically nothing they have done to shadow makes any sense (BIG SURPRISE).

Deleted
    Not sure why they don't just tune s2m around mass hysteria and buff our other spells, they could even mess with the voidform stacks on haste bonus and change insanity drain to compensate.
    Buff one of the other talents, recreate it to be viable in dungeons then sure nerf our core spells so we lose s2m opness but at least then we could be good in casual keystones :s

Why are they just blanket nerfing spells, it's a core mechanic issue with spriest. We need a high reward system when s2m is so high risk and the only only only option.

No, but what's the point then of giving shadowform 10% more damage, and then nerfing the spells? Wouldn't the more efficient thing be to not change anything with our spells and just not include 10% damage to shadowform? Like I said, I thought the 10% change was to improve our DPS outside voidform when we first got it (which also didn't make sense since shadow definitely does not need a buff right now in raids).

No, right now we are just permanently shrouded in a shadowy void thing. It's not shadowform or anything. What they did on the PTR is give us a toggleable shadowform buff, I'm guessing due to the complains that people were stuck in that shadowy void thing and unable to see their transmogs or w/e. They also added a 10% damage bonus to that shadowform buff, on top of making it apply to voidform, which makes voidform give us 30% damage compared to the 20% now. All of that didn't make sense unless you assumed it was to help our DPS in dungeons/outside world by making us better in situations where mobs died too fast for us to go into voidform.

Of course this indirectly meant a buff to S2M in raids, which also didn't make sense. So what did Blizzard end doing today? They nerfed our spells, meaning the net change is basically nothing, and they went in one big circle for no fucking reason. Basically nothing they have done to shadow makes any sense (BIG SURPRISE).
    From what I understood, it's + 10% damage due to shadow form (now non-existent due to spell nerfs) and voidform damage +30% (up from +20%).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocedic View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that if we get shadowform, we get 10% more damage. So this could just be a change to nullify that and keep the flavor of Sform.
    >be blizzard
    >add useless spell
    >give useless spell 10% damage and 10% damage reduction
    >nerf base spells by 10%
    >we dont have enough time to fix shadow priest t100 talents until 7.2

Yeep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponk View Post
    It's already confirmed to be misleading datamining. Shadow is not getting a nerf, at least in this ptr build.
    I cant find a blue post on this. Give us a source please.

Deleted
    That is actually a fairly easy one to answer; Scaling @ higher gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    That is actually a fairly easy one to answer; Scaling @ higher gear levels.
    Can you explain this? I'm not really understanding how a 10% difference on spells or just overall damage would change based on gear, 10% is still 10% right?

EDIT: Nevermind I'm bad a math
    Last edited by mrbeermeister; 2016-10-19 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeermeister View Post
    Can you explain this? I'm not really understanding how a 10% difference on spells or just overall damage would change based on gear, 10% is still 10% right?
    That is if you are only calculating scaling with intellect. But haste and mastery don't work like that with flat coefficient nerfs.

Well blizzard did that other than the Shadow From comeback , which is mostly flavour, no serious changes will happen to shadow yet even though we need them.
    And this is shown on the patch notes with most skill geting a 10% nerf that will be equalized by the 10% bonus of the Shadowform stance.