Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Resto Shaman Help/Suggestions?

Overall I am happy with my performance but I really wanna push further and become better at my roll. We are 7/7 starting mythic tonight and I want to make sure I am part of the reason we continue to progress instead of a factor that holds us back.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#metric=hps

For most fights I push for damage and end up in the top 80 while still maintaining a 60-70 rank in heals, but I know in mythic I'll need to be hitting that 75-80 mark in heals for these fights.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks fam. <3

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any help would still be much appreciated. We downed Mythic Nythendra last night and I ranked low as well. Just can't figure out what I seem to be doing wrong.

My guild just killed Mythic Renferal last night and I was surprised to see that I did so well. I checked out chainheal.com (great resto shaman website) and read about a few different types of builds.

I would link my logs from last night, but it wont let me. 7/7 Heroic and 2/7 Mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

I hardly cast chain heal on fights like Mythic Nyth and Renferal because we are spread into 2 groups, one on each side of the boss. Instead I spec into echo of the elements and ascendance. This makes my riptide and healing wave roughly 40%-50% of my total healing. With that said, I am casting about 60 riptides, and you have to make sure to utilize all charges of tidal waves.

- - - Updated - - -

I also see that you use Deluge a ton, give Ancestral Guidance a chance! I like it a little better than Deluge, especially since there is a decent amount of moving on Nyth. You can also afford to use more healing stream totems, on your Nyth mythic kill you used only 6, and I am assuming 6 cloudbursts as well. Being a 7 min fight, you should use at least 10 of each totem if not 12-14. Also, I would say try and use less healing surges. If you have a charge of tidal waves, healing wave and healing sure has the same cast time. Since it is a decently long fight, you gotta conserve mana where you can so you can spam when needed.
    Lastly, always keep mana pots on you. Your logs show that only resurgence was your single mana return. Mana pots can really make a difference.
    Last edited by Naturelash; 2016-10-20 at 05:44 PM.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturelash View Post
    My guild just killed Mythic Renferal last night and I was surprised to see that I did so well. I checked out chainheal.com (great resto shaman website) and read about a few different types of builds.

I would link my logs from last night, but it wont let me. 7/7 Heroic and 2/7 Mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

I hardly cast chain heal of fights like Mythic Nyth and Renferal because we are spread into 2 groups, one on each side of the boss. Instead I spec into echo of the elements and ascendance. This makes my riptide and healing wave roughly 40%-50% of my total healing. With that said, I am casting about 60 riptides, and you have to make sure to utilize all charges of tidal waves.

- - - Updated - - -

I also see that you use Deluge a ton, give Ancestral Guidance a chance! I like it a little better than Deluge, especially since there is a decent amount of moving on Nyth. You can also afford to use more healing stream totems, on your Nyth mythic kill you used only 6, and I am assuming 6 cloudbursts as well. Being a 7 min fight, you should use at least 10 of each totem if not 12-14. Also, I would say try and use less healing surges. If you have a charge of tidal waves, healing wave and healing sure has the same cast time. Since it is a decently long fight, you gotta conserve mana where you can so you can spam when needed.
    Lastly, always keep mana pots on you. Your logs show that only resurgence was your single mana return. Mana pots can really make a difference.
    Awesome information! I super appreciate it and will give that healing strat a shot next week.

No worries, I always have my mana pots ready, it was weird, even with all my healing surges, I was not have much of a mana issue, though that could do with the other healers pulling their weight or more.

If you want to check out my logs, it may help you a little. Notbloodlust-Ursin

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is your status priority?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturelash View Post
    If you want to check out my logs, it may help you a little. Notbloodlust-Ursin

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is your status priority?
    Stat wise? Int, Mastery, Crit, Haste

Okay. My stat prio is int, crit, mastery, haste. I have about 90% mastery and 30% crit. Capping your mastery around 95-100% maybe be a good idea to then start focusing crit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend looking at posts on here made by @Koor and @Gardiff

They both go really in-depth about resto shaman things and both have spreadsheets to help with your stat priority (that changes based off your current stats)

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I would recommend looking at posts on here made by @Koor and @Gardiff

They both go really in-depth about resto shaman things and both have spreadsheets to help with your stat priority (that changes based off your current stats)
    Awesome! Will do, links by chance or are they sticky?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugsforpeace View Post
    Awesome! Will do, links by chance or are they sticky?
    Here is one and the other spreadsheet is right below. Their comments back and forth on that thread explains why they are what they are.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom