Survival: PTR Animal Instincts talent

So with the change to this talent, it will reduce the cooldown on either flanking strike, mongoose bite, aspect of the eagle, or harpoon by 3 seconds whenever you cast flanking strike. Flanking strike is going to retain its "double chance to proc mastery" component right? Additionally, if something like harpoon is already off cooldown, will this talent still have a chance to proc the harpoon cd reduction? I like the idea of this talent even if it adds rng. I hope it's better than throw axes

Flanking strike is going to retain its "double chance to proc mastery" component right?
    Yes.

Additionally, if something like harpoon is already off cooldown, will this talent still have a chance to proc the harpoon cd reduction?
    No.

It's pretty much a direct improvement of the current one. Mastery is useless for survival, haste... Is useless too, compared to versatility :P (survival will have so many problems with scaling...). You will always get a proc that reduces a DPS CD, and if you have harpoon on CD, well, I can't say I wouldn't like its CD reduced if I had to use it again to save my ass.