Thread: Implosion bug

Deleted

Implosion bug

Havent seen any1 really mentioning it. I was 99% sure few weeks ago and now im pretty much 100% sure. When u use implosion on a target thats in glitchy spot imps will disappear and they wont deal any dmg. It occurs a lot when in HoV party corridor and i target a mob thats on top of a table while im on the ground. Basically anytime when mob is on higher ground.

Just tried world boss while being down one staircase. Implosion did 0% of my dmg and imps were gone each time i used it.

Making this thread to ask you for help with reporting this bug since im on EU. Also check it urself on world boss. Stand one staircase down and try to use it, maybe ive gone mad. Made 2 reports so far....

Deleted
    didn't notice this, will try and look for it. Very silly if they have to physically reach the target...

Yeah if the Imps don't have a path to your target they get desummoned and you do no damage. It's pretty awful, but it makes sense why that happens from a technical perspective.

Have you logged the bug on the bug report forums? I'm unsure of how effective the in-game bug report tool is since it doesn't consolidate everyone else's comments in one thread.

Deleted
    Yes i thought i have seen it happen, i wasnt sure though. Also i havent been able to replicate it at will. I am going to test what you say and report it too (though i am also eu).

There is also another known annoying bug about imps. When you HoG and target dies before it lands imps dont spawn. This can get really annoying in burst aoe situations , because it can lead to massive shard loss. Currently the only way around it, is to find the longest lived add and keep it as a target, but thats not allways possible. I ve been in situations when playing with high burst classes like DH, where i have wasted up to 12 shards! in a row trying to cast a damn HoG that will spawn imps (That was at the start of Archway with the blobs...so much potential dmg gone lol).
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-10-21 at 07:57 AM.

I think you also still need LoS to your imps, and maybe also to your target too. Which together with both of the other already mentioned drawbacks/bugs makes it really annoying to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Yeah if the Imps don't have a path to your target they get desummoned and you do no damage. It's pretty awful, but it makes sense why that happens from a technical perspective.

Have you logged the bug on the bug report forums? I'm unsure of how effective the in-game bug report tool is since it doesn't consolidate everyone else's comments in one thread.
    Well we, europoors, dont have separate forum section for bugs. Customer support is the closest but when i once reported a bug there they just redirected me to in-game tool.