Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So is this basically completely worthless to get if you already have the PC version with mods?

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    So is this basically completely worthless to get if you already have the PC version with mods?
    Well, if mods (including SkyUI, which from a post above, seems unlikely at this point ) get ported, it won't take a shit ton of mods to install to make the game look good anymore.

I mean, if SkyUI indeed doesn't get ported, then that means a lot of mods will not be ported too. Because there is a lot of mods out there that require MCM, which comes with SkyUI.

Now if the author for SkyUI seperates MCM from SkyUI and allows other people to maintain MCM, that'd help getting other mods ported to the new Skyrim.

I'm likely to give it a shot when it releases but then fall back to normal Skyrim when I really want to play.

Hm. I feel the PC mods already make the game look as good (in some cases better) than the special edition here.

Seems like a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. I feel the PC mods already make the game look as good (in some cases better) than the special edition here.

Seems like a cash grab.
    Eh, proper 64-bit support will (should?) make game lot more stable, heavily modded Skyrim is usually as stable as an upturned cone without some decent experience or detailed guide like STEP. Biggest problem with mods will be the absence of SKSE, almost all decent mods require it atm. We'll get it in couple weeks/months, but special edition modding scene may be dead by then, especially with console mod limitations/lack of theft protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Seems like a cash grab.
    Its free on pc if you already own the game............

I will buy this... i say that with a hopeful reasoning that i wont get bored of it too quick as ive already completed the game twice before.
    That was atleast 4 years ago.
    I usually cant replay a game until its been a long time and its exceptionally good game... well, skyrim is... i really have been waiting for the next TES, fallout 4 is not tes but it was fun for a little while. Couldnt keep me going tho.... guns are boring.

I did buy the original skyrim on steam aswell but mods got boring in 6 hours... mainly due to already been very familiar with the game.

Since i play MMOs and other games on PC i prefer to play RPG's on consoles since controller is more laidback and relaxed.

I dont know how many people have actually played the game completely from the start WITH the dlc's installed... i havent, i did the dlcs with my main character as they were released.

Personally im not bothered with paying 59e for a remake. I think bethesda deserves my money... so far they havent done anything that would make me hate them as much as sega does with their dlc-bullcrap and EA with horrible sequels in their sports-franchises.

I even though TESO was a good mmo but due to my personal interests regarding TES-franchise i didnt really enjoy mmo version of it... also that game was riddled with goldseller-bots in the first week, it was an unfortunate bump for the game. That wasnt made by the same studio as skyrim or fallout 4 was so... not a stain in the studio's reputation in my book.

Still counting days for the next real TES... now that the studio is free from F4 development they can start development on new elder scrolls, fingers crossed. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its free on pc if you already own the game
    Actually you have to own the game and all the DLCs for it to be free, either bought separately, or as the Legendary Edition. Just owning the base game won't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just saddens me that they waste this opportunity on something like Skyrim. Morrowind and Oblivion seems like they'd be much better choices, especially Morrowind. I guess I'm back to waiting on Skywind to release in a non-super buggy state.

It's like launching legacy servers for Cataclysm or MoP rather than Vanilla, BC, or Wrath.

But I guess that's the beginning of a rant, so maybe I should stop.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for SKSE, Skyui, and Enbseries to come out for Special Edition, until then, I don't really care about the remaster, because 90% of mods will be useless.

At least I won't have to spend forever downloading texture mods to un-potato the game. They're not 4K, but they're good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It just saddens me that they waste this opportunity on something like Skyrim. Morrowind and Oblivion seems like they'd be much better choices, especially Morrowind. I guess I'm back to waiting on Skywind to release in a non-super buggy state.

It's like launching legacy servers for Cataclysm or MoP rather than Vanilla, BC, or Wrath.

I like to think of it as a 'gift' from Bethesda, (which it is for Pc players) it was planned pretty late, and it's more meant for a quick scheme for an excuse to bump up the prices of console ports by including DLC and making it extra pretty, and claiming a 'pc mod experience', when in reality console modding will be limited to stuff like making your shouts say different funny lines, or new armor/weapons/creatures, thanks to the nonavailability of the essentials listed earlier. Then there's PS4, which is basically just slapping vanilla assets into random places, like putting random house #665312 in Riverwood instead of Rorikstead.

I imagine that a remaster for Oblivion or Morrowind would have had to been a much longer process and commitment than Skyrim Remastered, which was honestly sort of an afterthought.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-10-24 at 02:34 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Honestly I'll prob play the PC version because I don't mod Skyrim and well prettier .

10+ Year Old Account
    What do we REALLY know about Mod support? How do we know it won't just be a matter of changing the install location from normal Skyrim to the Remaster? Is the game information going to change so drastically that nothing from the first will work with the second?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What do we REALLY know about Mod support? How do we know it won't just be a matter of changing the install location from normal Skyrim to the Remaster? Is the game information going to change so drastically that nothing from the first will work with the second?
    Well, we do know that SKSE won't work until a new SSE version of SKSE is made, so any mods that rely on SKSE won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

Because this is just touching up the game for PS4/Xbox One... The PS3/360 versions are both not backwards compatible AND look like dogshit, so they couldn't just port it over with no changes. Just a little side project.

To give this kind of treatment to Oblivion or Morrowind would be tantamount to creating an entire new game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    Sure, but the game looking good and being able to use mods on consoles is the big draw.
    PS4 can only use 1GB space for mods :P XBOX is better in this case. PC still the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Seems unlikely he'll do a SSE version. A small part of me holds out hope, but not much.

Q: will skyui be ported over to the special edition?

A: Short answer: I don't know, but I think it's unlikely.

Longer answer: We're no longer active and I in particular am not going to put any more work in. Got neither the time nor is it fun anymore, so I really shouldn't be doing it. In general, I have nothing against porting it though. If we ever get to the point where someone else took care of all the details and all I have to do is update the .esp, recompile and upload, then I will do so. I just don't really expect anyone to do that.

Source: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods...3D499516&pUp=1
    Guess I'll be sticking with the original version then. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    PS4 can only use 1GB space for mods :P XBOX is better in this case. PC still the best though.
    Obviously PC is better But I'm getting the game and an XboxOne for my older brother and it's going to blow him away.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

I can't believe they didn't change the horses visually and how they actually work.

it amazes me that in a world with Red Dead Redemption and Witcher 3 horses we can have Skyrim horses.

Holy shit are they bad, like mind blowingly bad.

Not only do all 3 runs look like your horse is ill, the horse sound itself is terrible and they serve basically zero purpose due to how slow they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I can't believe they didn't change the horses visually and how they actually work.
    It's the same game as it was before, just with better baseline graphics.

I don't think I would want to pay money for this. I don't really care about graphics as long as they are functional. I just care about how fun the game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, we do know that SKSE won't work until a new SSE version of SKSE is made, so any mods that rely on SKSE won't work.
    But that's nothing new. Any time regular Skyrim gets updated, it breaks SKSE and we need a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

it amazes me that in a world with Red Dead Redemption and Witcher 3 horses we can have Skyrim horses.

Holy shit are they bad, like mind blowingly bad.

Not only do all 3 runs look like your horse is ill, the horse sound itself is terrible and they serve basically zero purpose due to how slow they are.
    If you think the HORSES are bad in Skyrim, try riding a dragon. No, it's ok, I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.