Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yeah, its like, Liberals, please pick a damn lane already.
    But you know this is exactly how liberals operate. "30% of children are in poverty and go to bed hungry every night!" and "40% of American children are obese!" Meanwhile in every study done BMI and obesity are inversely related to income. Liberals just like screaming and championing random causes regardless of statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your name should be on the automatic banlist

i thought the spanish were supposed to be great lovers?

I read somewhere that the entire world is grinding down to a point of a stable population. The main reason the population is still increasing got to do with life expectancy increasing in poorer countries. If this is true, you can't import immigrants to fix problems you can only push them away for future generations to deal with.

Higher in certain places, but in terms of pay received much higher when you factor in cheaper housing and decreased rents.

Even if my pay stays stagnant if the amount of money I have to spend to avoid homelessness goes down, there is materially no difference between that and a pay raise.

The blind pursuit of "growth," is a caustic idea. What do you do except make your country into a bottomless pit that must be fed immigrants. Plus where will these immigrants come from? More and more countries are having negative fertility rates and thus not really exporting people.

Your simply kicking the can down the road instead of solving it now while there is still money to deal with the pain.
    Then again you are not including the effect of unemployment and/or low paying jobs generated by stagnation or even decline. And Spain would cripple under its debt if its unable to sustain economic growth. There is a reason why all economists advice against the effects generated by a decline in population and why China is so worried about the bubble it currently is in. You really are out of your element here so I suggest you to back off and read some related material.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-10-22 at 12:53 AM.

Spain is pretty chill with immigration. We have a varied mix from both north Africa, due to geographic proximity, and Latin America due to language.
    The article mentions what's going on: the 2008 recession made it a less attractive place to migrate to. And not just that: natives are leaving too. I live in one of those regions with demographics excessively skewed towards the elderly. It's rough and saddening, and you see it all around you, with people leaving for good left and right.
    The comparison to Canada is, of course, stupid. Spain is open to migrant flows; it's kind of inevitable, really; you just can't force anyone to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Hahahhaa. So all the experts say it's not a good thing but you claim otherwise. Okkk there.
    You don't listen to experts on anything so hahahahaha. Expert is defined by you as people who support your views.

Lots of people hate macho tendencies but macho sure makes a lot of babies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

All of you shut up. The world needs more people, and any population that's either stable or declining is a HORRIBLE thing (for the bankers and other douchebags who live off the backs of the population but do fuck-all for anyone but themselves). How dare any of you think, let alone say, otherwise.

Fuck Spain, that selfish fucking country. More people NAOW.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-22 at 01:14 AM.

If that's the case maybe some of them might be able to actually get a job.

lol, lets solve our economic problems with people that won't be able to contribute to our economy for a number of years, cuz why not!? never change tenntroll.

The blind pursuit of "growth," is a caustic idea.
    It's not blind at all.
    Societies that don't grow go the way of the dodo. Because other societies will grow around them, produce more cool, cheaper shit, faster, and attract your population.
    We could live frugally with what our land provides. But, if I can get a better paying job in soul-less London, I will go there and leave my heritage behind to die out. It's not a policy, or an idea, it's a pretty trivial human want replicated through every civilization: expand and exert your will or be assimilated by the growing nation nearby.

Though it presents some, it's not a problem per se, or kicking down the can, but a universal through human history. Yes, some will hit the brake and call it quits on expanding; they'll be eventually crushed under the pressures of more attractive cultures. Anything sort of convincing every nation on earth to be content with what they currently have can't really work.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-10-22 at 01:28 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, you and Swedistan can keep your Muslims.

What Spain needs are not Muslims. The Reconquista was won and will never be reversed.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lderly-singles

If this happens they have noone to blame but themselves. They have a clear example set by successful countries like Canada as to allowing refugees and immigrants in for the betterment of society. I guess the question is whether Spain is an attractive destination given all the issues with the economy but they should at least try.
    This is where what you THINK you know doesn't match with reality, Spain HAS been allowing immigrants in. Even a cursory reading of what you posted indicates Spain's population has risen 20% in the last 25 years. They also have a population density of 91.4 ppl per square km... You on the other hand have a paltry 3.7 ppl per square km... I would think Canadian population needs to rise to the level of 700 million or so before you start lecturing countries about who they should let in, even THEN you still wouldn't have a population density as high as Spain, or for that matter any other EU country... Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

That's on a global level. A country like Spain can more than handle a few million more.
    Yes, and Canada can handle a few hundred million more... get crackin'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    LOL. Don't make me laugh, please. Betterment of society? It will make everything worse and worse eventually.

LOL again, so refugees can now choose as to where to "flee from war"? You're hilarious mate.

Pathetic.
    Canada is a world leader in almost every worthwhile category or measure. Clearly our model is working while Spain's isn't.

Canada is a world leader in almost every worthwhile category or measure. Clearly our model is working while Spain's isn't.
    You ignored absolutely everything you've been told about immigration to Spain, you ignored what your own article says about immigration to Spain, and are making sweeping statements of absolutes which are utterly disconnected from reality.

I seriously wonder whether you are flamebaiting, or just sitting in a corner with eyes and ears covered going LALALALA to ignore reality. Or...Remember our conversation about autism?

Deleted
    Immigrants get old too, you haven't solved that problem. You've merely created a bottomless pit with which you must now shovel people into, and hope that fertility isn't going to change elsewhere thus drying up the excess people from which you import from.
    There is nothing wrong with a ponzi scheme.

Deleted
    You tried to imply that Spain's aging problem was due lack of immigration. You got the correct answer from Mihalik, Spain is one of the most open countries in the world for immigration (quite common for nations with past mixed origins and colonial empires, like Spain and Portugal). You didn't liked the answer and keep implying that is because the lack of immigration.

Aren't you tired of being a demagogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You tried to imply that Spain's aging problem was due lack of immigration. You got the correct answer from Mihalik, Spain is one of the most open countries in the world for immigration (quite common for nations with past mixed origins and colonial empires, like Spain and Portugal). You didn't liked the answer and keep implying that is because the lack of immigration.

Well, it seems that some in Canada are quite good in the category of self-deceiving faked moral superiority (what is the name for this?), i.e. pretending that they are morally superior to others - while turning a blind eye towards the evidence.

Perhaps that was what he meant?
    I'm neither saying that Canada is a world-leader in that (I'm sure others could give them a match); nor that it is a worthwhile category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

Yes exactly. Spain's population is declining. Is this acceptable? No. It's time for immigration and refugees to grow the population.