7+ Year Old Account

Mind Control on Bolstering

I was running a +9 DHT a little while ago, and it was one of the smoothest I've seen. Our priest was MCing the humanoid adds right as we were aoe'ing things down. Once everything was dead, MC was released and the add has zero stacks of Bolstering. My question is: could you do that in reverse order?

Say: Big pack of adds, burn them all down leaving the MC target alive with X amount of Bolstering stacks. If you MC'd that add, then released, would it still have the stacks of Bolstering or would it clear them?

I thought about this and my guild tried it in CoS +8, but the humanoids were immune to MC, so I couldn't test any further. I was hoping a few of you savvy folks could give some input to this. Thanks!
    What's your safe word?

I'm guessing it doesn't work because Bolstering is an event that occurs on death that gives the buff to all nearby allies. As the target is not an ally while it is mind controlled, it is not eligible for the Bolstering event.

I don't see why Bolstering would be cleared. It is possible that it would be dropped so that you can't bolster a massive mob and clear the dungeon with it but I think it would be more likely that the mobs would be immune to Charm effects as a property of the Bolster buff itself.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-10-22 at 02:08 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    while mced they dont get bolstering stacks. so no it wouldnt have any stacks.
    common tactic in brh on the spider stairwell to avoid the "big spider of doom"

Deleted
    You can't use Control Undead on bolstered mobs, and I'd assume the same is true of Bribe and Mind Control.

you cant MC adds if theyve been bolstered /thread

any1 in this thread knows how to cancel aura the talented mc?