Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 7.1 Live This Week

Patch 7.1 Live This Week
    Patch 7.1 goes live this week! It brings the Karazhan dungeon, Trial of Valor raid, a continuation of the Suramar story, new pets, mounts, achievements and much more! Keep in mind that Trial of Valor will not be open for another two weeks.

Karazhan - Mythic Dungeon
    We will Return to Karazhan in Patch 7.1! An updated version of Karazhan with some new encounters has been added as a Mythic dungeon. Don't worry though, the old version of Karazhan is sticking around so you can keep trying for Fiery Warhorse's Reins.

Quests

Items

Karazhan Exterior Updated
    The Legion is invading the area of Deadwind Pass around Karazhan.

Blood of Sargeras Trader
    Visit Illnea Bloodthorn in Dalaran to trade in your Blood of Sargeras for trade goods and Order Resources.

PvP Changes
    Patch 7.1 makes several changes to PvP:

• Honor talents are no longer lost when you Prestige (More)
    • The amount of Artifact Power you will earn from a PvP victory is displayed in the UI
    • You will earn extra Honor and Artifact Power for your first win of the day in all unrated and rated PvP activities
    • Rated and Unrated Battleground wins will reward a piece of gear. Losses have a chance to reward gear based on the score.
    • Skirmish and Arena victories will have an increased chance to drop gear.
    • The item level of PvP gear now more closely mirrors the type of item level progression you see from World Quests
    • Each rated PvP bracket (2v2, 3v3, Rated Battlegrounds) has a weekly quest that rewards items based on your best rating from the previous week.
    • The quests for Arena brackets will require 10 wins, and the quests for the Rated Battleground bracket require three wins.
    • Below 2000, the quests reward Gladiator appearance gear and above 2000 they reward Elite appearance gear.

Nagrand Arena Visual Update
    Nagrand Arena has received visual updates in this patch! Gameplay should still be the same.

Quick Join
    Patch 7.1 allows you to join friends that are in the queue for different activities. You select a role, ask to join, and then are in the queue with them!

Return to Alcaz Isle
    Alcaz Isle has been invaded by Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes!

Other Additions
    There are lots of smaller new things in this patch:

Quests

Toys, Pets, and Mounts

Achievements

UI / Addons

Talon's Vengeance
    Talon's Vengeance is a new faction in Patch 7.1. It isn't clear how it is unlocked, but many of the rewards are PvP related. One item earned from PvP kills grants Mark of Prey, increasing your reputation with Talon's Vengeance.

Level Type Name Req. Faction Req. Standing
    110Other Regurgitated LeafTalon's VengeanceNeutral
    110Other Bag of TwigsTalon's VengeanceFriendly
    110Other Ivory FeatherTalon's VengeanceHonored
    820Trinket Cracked Falcosaur BeakTalon's VengeanceRevered
    20Mount Ivory HawkstriderTalon's VengeanceExalted

Falcosaur Pets and Mounts
    Four Falcosaur pets and mounts were added in this patch! You can find more details on Quintessence's blog

Falcosaurs

Professions
    Patch 7.1 adds some new recipes including bags for tailoring, Vantus runes, glyphs, drums, potions, fishing bobbers, and more!

• Obliterum was also increased to a max of 8 upgrades from 7, allowing a max item level of 855.
    • Fishing - New bobbers were added as either world drops or sold by Conjurer Margoss.
    • Cooking - Food that grants movement speed and attack speed after killing an enemy: Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
    • First Aid - Bandage that removes bleeds: Feathered Luffa

Fishing

Level Type Name
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Can of Worms
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Cat Head
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Tugboat
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Squeaky Duck
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Murloc Head
    1Other Crate of Bobbers: Wooden Pepe

Tailoring

Name Description Reagents
    Imbued Silkweave Bag Craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag. 100 20 10
    Imbued Silkweave Bag Reduces the materials required to craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag. 75 15 8
    Imbued Silkweave Bag Greatly reduces the materials required to craft an Imbued Silkweave Bag. 60 10 8

Glyph of Crackling Ox Lightning Craft a Glyph of Crackling Ox Lightning. 1 2 70
    Glyph of the Trusted Steed Craft a Glyph of the Trusted Steed. 1 2 70
    Glyph of Twilight Bloom Craft a Glyph of Twilight Bloom. 1 4 60
    Vantus Rune: Odyn Craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn. 1 35
    Vantus Rune: Guarm Craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm. 1 35
    Vantus Rune: Helya Craft a Vantus Rune: Helya. 1 35
    Vantus Rune: Odyn Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn. 1 30
    Vantus Rune: Guarm Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm. 1 30
    Vantus Rune: Helya Reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Helya. 1 30
    Vantus Rune: Odyn Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Odyn. 1 25
    Vantus Rune: Guarm Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Guarm. 1 25
    Vantus Rune: Helya Greatly reduces the materials required to craft a Vantus Rune: Helya. 1 25

Alchemy

10 Potion of Prolonged Power Mix a stack of 10 Potions of Prolonged Power at the Dalaran Alchemy Station. 1 10
    10 Potion of Prolonged Power No longer requires the Dalaran Alchemy Station. 1 10
    10 Potion of Prolonged Power Chance to create more than 10 potions. 1 10

Leatherworking

Drums of the Mountain Craft Drums of the Mountain. 10 5 5
    Drums of the Mountain Reduces the materials required to craft Drums of the Mountain. 8 3 3
    Drums of the Mountain Significantly reduces the materials required to craft Drums of the Mountain. 5 2 2

Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
    The Diablo 20th Anniversary event will take place from January 4th to January 10th. There is an achievement and some items associated with the event.

Name Category
    Diablo's 20th Anniversary There is no cow level.
    Events

Level Type Name
    20Other Twelve-String Guitar
    110Bag Horadric Satchel
    66Other Stone of Jordan
    1Other Tome of Town Portal
    1Other Scroll of Town Portal
    1Other Blank Diabolic Tome
    1Other Small Charm of Life
    1Other Small Charm of Inertia
    1Other Large Charm of Strength
    1Other Large Charm of Dexterity
    1Other Serpent's Grand Charm
    1Other Stalwart's Grand Charm

Legendary Upgrades
    You can upgrade your legendary item once The Nighthold opens by completing the Touch of a Titan quest and obtaining Distilled Titan Essence.

Expanded Macro Icon List Frame
    The default UI finally allows you to see more icons when trying to select one for a macro.

Hidden Belt Transmog
    Patch 7.1 adds the option to hide your belt!

Upgrade Icons
    Items in your bag that are a higher item level than what you have equipped and that may be an upgrade have a new arrow icon in Patch 7.1.

Flight Path Map Changes
    The flight path map has been changed to show only the path to your destination in Patch 7.1, how many world quests are up in a zone, as well as showing non world quests on the map. Currently the flight points aren't lining up correctly with the Broken Isles map.

Auction House Sorting Improved
    The Auction House can now sort by price per unit, helping with the varying stack sizes.

Mythic+ Dungeon Filter
    The group finder will now allow you to list Mythic and Mythic+ groups separately.

Fire Mage: Hidden Flame Orbs
    Fire mages can talk to Archmage Melis to hide the floating flame orbs of Felo'melorn in Patch 7.1.

Mage - Updated Portal and Teleport Icons
    Some Mage armor teleports and portals now have a new, unique icon.

Reputation Improvements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We will be easing a couple of linked features with 7.1.

First, Court of Stars and The Arcway will now unlock account-wide once each individual dungeon is completed once on an account.

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests, as long as you've already unlocked World Quests on your main.

New Music
    Patch 7.1 adds some new music, including music for Karazhan, Winter's Veil, and Diablo's Anniversary.

Action Camera
    The Action Cam should be returning in Patch 7.1, meaning addons like dynamiccam might work once again.

New Icons
    Lots of new icons were added in this patch!

New Strings
    New strings in this patch include references to the system that allows you to join friends that are queuing for something.

WoWDB Addon Data Collection
    The migration to the new Curse App continues with improved addon management support and guild servers.

Quickly populating the database with new additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.

To help out, just click here if you have Curse App already installed.

When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse App will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-10-24 at 05:07 PM.

Imbued Silkweave Bag can't be right can it? Hexweave bags are 30 slots.

Thank god for the unlock world quest on alts, recently leveled a paladin had to go do about 2h+ just to unlock as i dinged before even starting the last zone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they up the legendary drop rate for those who have been unlucky so far and flip on the purported bad luck switch. Being able to go to 925 with them once Nighthold opens is going to make it much harder (although not impossible) to find groups for those with bad RNG who haven't got theirs yet, since so much of what people think of your skill is when getting applying for groups comes from ilvl.

Well the fact that they are putting an arrow on items with a "higher ilvl", is going to ruin how new people see gear. Just because it has a higher Ilvl does not mean it's always an upgrade based on the stats, proc rate, etc of each item. this is only going to increase the confusion of which gear is better for your character that blizzard was originally trying to stay away from.

7+ Year Old Account
    is there a list of the spec tuning changes?

Less then 24 hours left and still no patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    is there a list of the spec tuning changes?
    Was wondering the same thing

oh boy ill be able to upgrade the legendary I dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    oh boy ill be able to upgrade the legendary I dont have.
    Rich just get richer!

I can't fucking believe it, after all these blabbing about how they messed up with secondaries in legion, when you can easily have 880 ring/neck worse than a 835 one, they not only have a nerve to make an "upgrade" arrow which will mess with not so enlightened people, but also create only one fucking version of a karazan ring. I can't fucking believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gaurentee that Nighthold will open before I have a legendary to upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynarjr View Post
    Well the fact that they are putting an arrow on items with a "higher ilvl", is going to ruin how new people see gear. Just because it has a higher Ilvl does not mean it's always an upgrade based on the stats, proc rate, etc of each item. this is only going to increase the confusion of which gear is better for your character that blizzard was originally trying to stay away from.
    There are no new WoW players.

Meh, see you in 7.2!

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope the sul thraze acheievement is retroactive as i have had ot on about 4 of my toons

10+ Year Old Account
    How awesome is that? Not only can I wear two legionaries that I don't have, I can also upgrade my non existent legionaries. With my RNG - I will never had a legendary - or to make it more insulting one of my farming alts will have one and my main will flounder around without one.

It warms my heart to see I'm not the only one waiting for the magic moment for one to drop. I'm beginning to feel like a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come u can keep some raids around while also making them into new dungeons, but u couldnt do that with all of them? Like why did ZA and ZG have to go in order to make them into dungeons, but kara stays?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Imbued Silkweave Bag can't be right can it? Hexweave bags are 30 slots.
    They probably added this so that people wouldn't have to go back to farm WoD materials.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

How come new Suramar quest line and mount not mentioned

I gotta say, that's a hell of a .1 patch