Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So I got the Legendary Boots today....

Well after 12 days and 20 hours played on my Mage at max level, I finally got my first Legion Legendary! Norgannon's Foresight! Now let me tell you a little bit about these bad boys...you will all be crazy when envy when I give you the low down on these beauty's!

After all this time of playing Mage, we can finally now cast spells AND move at the same time when the boots proc! Dont even bother wasting time with key binds to overrated spells such as Icey Floes and Blink...take those useless spells off your spellbar right now and save space!

Who needs stats such as crit and versatility?? forget that! Get your Haste/Mastery higher with a mind blowing 662 haste and 496 Mastery increase!

Want to improve your thinking time in game? These boots will do that for you! They INTENTIONALLY try to confuse you and have the same buff icon as the 2 set bonus from CoS/Arcway so you will find it harder to track the awesome proc from these boots.

Want to practice your /stopcasting macro when raiding? These boots are perfect to help attune your skills in that area...every time you misclick a cast spell and the proc is up you will need to spam the life out of the stopcast macro!

/sarcasm

Why the fuck are these useless boots even on the Fire mage loot table? What on earth were Blizzard thinking? They literally give us NOTHING at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yeah... these boots need a rework. If anything, should at least give you unlimited spell casting while moving for the whole duration and NOT just one spell.
    If it was something like fireball was always castable whilst moving or they increase icey floes to 6 stacks, then they would be quite good...still the stats of haste/mast are our 2 worst stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yeah... these boots need a rework. If anything, should at least give you unlimited spell casting while moving for the whole duration and NOT just one spell.
    That's how ice flows should work as well, when you pop it the current spell cast should be mobile in addition to the next spell casts within a 10s time window, it's not a compelling talent at all, you still have to cancel a current spell cast by moving, you just get to cast the next singular spell while moving... can we say underwhelming? They know what we would have preferred, and chose not to give it to us.

Once in awhile these boots cause me to hardcast Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yep same here, it's so annoying...I had to make a /stopcast macro

Deleted
    I feel your pain bro,

These fuckers dropped for me today from my nighthold cache, first leg FML!!!!

We can only live in hope that these are so bad due to our toolkit that they will be one of the first to be "fixed" or re-worked.

They can drop for all three specs and are equally useless for all three specs.

lol yes i feel your pain.. i raid with 2 other fire mages in my guild and one got ring and the other got bracers and ring so when that dropped for me i died alittle inside. its alrdy bs to try to keep up with there godlike dps then i finally do get a legend and its shit.. i lose 4% crit the sec i put them on so yes they r in my bag collecting dust until something happens.. very sad day for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Same for me, I move a bit to prevent that. With boots equiped I have to use the following macro:

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Norgannon's Foresight
    /cast Pyroblast

got them on my warlock.. sometimes I dance around while casting Chaos Bolt with the procc just to put them "to use" xd

I deleted mine in protest a few days ago, playing with 3% less crit and having to use macros to cancel the buff was cancer and not worth the ilvl upgrade, besides ursoc drops nice crit/mastery boots anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Well after 12 days and 20 hours played on my Mage at max level, I finally got my first Legion Legendary! Norgannon's Foresight! Now let me tell you a little bit about these bad boys...you will all be crazy when envy when I give you the low down on these beauty's!

After all this time of playing Mage, we can finally now cast spells AND move at the same time when the boots proc! Dont even bother wasting time with key binds to overrated spells such as Icey Floes and Blink...take those useless spells off your spellbar right now and save space!

Who needs stats such as crit and versatility?? forget that! Get your Haste/Mastery higher with a mind blowing 662 haste and 496 Mastery increase!

Want to improve your thinking time in game? These boots will do that for you! They INTENTIONALLY try to confuse you and have the same buff icon as the 2 set bonus from CoS/Arcway so you will find it harder to track the awesome proc from these boots.

Want to practice your /stopcasting macro when raiding? These boots are perfect to help attune your skills in that area...every time you misclick a cast spell and the proc is up you will need to spam the life out of the stopcast macro!

/sarcasm

Why the fuck are these useless boots even on the Fire mage loot table? What on earth were Blizzard thinking? They literally give us NOTHING at all.
    You're better off deleting these boots and hope that the "bad luck" system see that as you not having a legendary. Same goes for a few others. THats how "great" this system is.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    I deleted mine in protest a few days ago, playing with 3% less crit and having to use macros to cancel the buff was cancer and not worth the ilvl upgrade, besides ursoc drops nice crit/mastery boots anyway.
    I'm pretty sure you can't get duplicate legendaries, and now that you don't have them, I think you might be able to get them again.

Still don't have a legendary myself, but totally expecting something like this when I do.

Bad legendaries shouldn't even exist in the game. There are so many that should have just been immediately, instantly shot down in a meeting long before ever making it in to the code.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    That's how ice flows should work as well, when you pop it the current spell cast should be mobile in addition to the next spell casts within a 10s time window, it's not a compelling talent at all, you still have to cancel a current spell cast by moving, you just get to cast the next singular spell while moving... can we say underwhelming? They know what we would have preferred, and chose not to give it to us.
    ice floes is a great talent. Not perfect, but fantastic.

Also, you can cast it preemptively, or mid fireball cast and start to move. No need to cancel casting anything.

Makes your next Mage spell with a cast time shorter than 10 sec castable while moving. Unaffected by the global cooldown and castable while casting. Max 3 charges

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't get duplicate legendaries, and now that you don't have them, I think you might be able to get them again.
    A guy on EU had duplicate DH bracers 5 days after the expansion released as his first two legendaries. I think Blizzards wording was something like "it should be nearly impossible to get a duplicate". That guy won the lottery I guess.

Begs the question though, why wouldn't they just make it absolutely 100% impossible? Why even leave the chance? What benefit does that serve to anyone?
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2016-10-25 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    A guy on EU had duplicate DH bracers 5 days after the expansion released as his first two legendaries. I think Blizzards wording was something like "it should be nearly impossible to get a duplicate". That guy won the lottery I guess.

Begs the question though, why wouldn't they just make it absolutely 100% impossible? Why even leave the chance? What benefit does that serve to anyone?
    Ahh ok. Maybe a bug? Hopefully a bug?

Either way, yeah it should be impossible to get dupes.

I have those boots as well. They are waiting in the bank to be reworked by blizz or for Arcane hype train in nighthold.
    Meanwhile i'm weaing bracers+helm and hoping for the ring to be satisfied.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post

It was a bug and the guy got a replacement legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    ice floes is a great talent. Not perfect, but fantastic.

Also, you can cast it preemptively, or mid fireball cast and start to move. No need to cancel casting anything.
    I think his complaint is more that he doesn't realize that you can't just hit Ice Floes and move at the same time; the game needs to tell the server (approx 1/4 of a second) that you have the buff and can move while casting. You can't stand where the bad is going to be and only use it at literally the last moment to dodge.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    I got Prydaz. The other mage in our guild has 4 legendaries, including, but not limited to, the PB bracer and DB helm. Hey, at least mine has SOME crit on it. And a socket.

Fuck this RNG.