Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder why elections are only one day, its should be 2 days and just don't allow results to be leaked until the polls all close.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pretty sure there's laws against discrimination in hiring.
    i believe that one is about sex/gender and race. not age
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    From a macro view, it's probably good thing. Brainwashed adolescents votes shouldn't count as much as older, more informed voters. Unfortunately they do in America.

And yes I would feel the same way if they were suppressing majority republican votes. Which they were also doing
    Or dumbass stuck-in-their-ways older voters shouldn't even be able to vote because they've only proven their ability to suck at it so far.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    From a macro view, it's probably a bad thing. Senile adults who won't have to live with the decisions as long as the young ones shouldn't count as the younger, more impacted voters. Unfortunately they do in America.
    Maybe we should only allow people between 30 and 50 to vote to filter out the stupidity of youth and the supposed senility of old age? Would you be happier then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Adolescent: in the process of developing from a child into an adult.

If they are adults...they are no longer adolescents.

I did say I was being pedantic.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like there was adequate representation from all sides requesting that an early voting station be placed at the university. Kinda shoots the "not neutral ground" argument in the foot.

While true, that doesn't alter the fact the clerk was making a query versus stating their personal opinion.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pretty sure there's laws against discrimination in hiring.
    There's laws against discrimination in age, not against education level.
    Anyone can feel free not to hire any college graduates if they want, or only hire people without GEDs, but it can't be due to age.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i believe that one is about sex/gender and race. not age

It includes ageism too.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    It includes ageism too.
    first time hearing about that part.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    It includes ageism too.
    That's if you tell them they weren't hired because of their age. Just tell them something generic like "more qualified candidates" and there is no discrimination
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's if you tell them they weren't hired because of their age. Just tell them something generic like "more qualified candidates" and there is no discrimination
    So 'brainwashed' adolescents shouldn't count. But people who are willing to openly lie should totally be considered.

Wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, it means that while you behaved illegally, you left no evidence, so you're getting away with it.

Kind of like claiming confidently that you're "not a murderer" because you know full well you dissolved the bodies, bones teeth and all, and washed it into the ocean, leaving no traces to be found.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy gets it. Dont be dumb and say a real reason.

From a macro view, it's probably good thing. Brainwashed adolescents votes shouldn't count as much as older, more informed voters. Unfortunately they do in America.

And yes I would feel the same way if they were suppressing majority republican votes. Which they were also doing
    One of the dumber things written on MMOC and that's saying something.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Yea, just more vote suppression tactics from the GoP. Here in NC, they were attempting to remove quite a few polling places on election day, almost all in urban areas, two of which locally were ones on the 2 largest local college campuses. I have no party affiliation, but it's shit like this that influences me to vote for Democrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Senile adults who won't have to live with the decisions as long as the young ones shouldn't count as the younger, more impacted voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    As if being older makes one more informed lol. And any brainwashing is done by parents not at a University. I Never understood the whole higher education brainwashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    If anything, it's the older, more ignorant voters that are the issue
    LoL. If you brats are even half serious about the shit you just vomited, there's no way you can be described as "informed".

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Basically, nobody should be able to vote because they might vote the wrong way, correct?
    That's precisely what "liberals" cry after every elections that don't go the way they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you read the 26th amendment?

"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age."

So no, you can't stop them voting.

Now, if you want to turn down job applicants, that's your prerogative. But you still can't deny them a job based on age (that would at the very least be grounds for a lawsuit or possibly even a criminal investigation under anti-discrimination laws).
    The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) only forbids age discrimination against people who are age 40 or older. It does not protect workers under the age of 40

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    There's laws against discrimination in age, not against education level.
    Anyone can feel free not to hire any college graduates if they want, or only hire people without GEDs, but it can't be due to age.
    The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) only forbids age discrimination against people who are age 40 or older. It does not protect workers under the age of 40

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Technically, it means that while you behaved illegally, you left no evidence, so you're getting away with it.

Kind of like claiming confidently that you're "not a murderer" because you know full well you dissolved the bodies, bones teeth and all, and washed it into the ocean, leaving no traces to be found.
    You are incorrect.....

nothing new, this is what a rigged election looks like. all this right wing voter suppression of liberal voters. it is like they are worried that the GOP cant win without stealing elections. well that is the case everyone knows that GOP have not won the popular vote for president in ages and the demographics isnt exactly producing more old angry white men like Donald. It is the death symptoms of the GOP we are watching and i personally cant wait until they are done and gone and we can get more liberal ideas done.

Some butt hurt college-age kids in here.

Your opinion is not your own and therefore is shit. When you stop regurgitating everything your gender-studies professor screams at you, maybe then the world will care to listen
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

What odd wording to use... The writer's complaints stemmed from other issues. They were just trying to use the law of not favoring any one party to achieve the goal of addressing those other issues.

It's like when a cop arrests a murderer for possession. They may not arrest anyone else ever for possession, but they're using it as an excuse to get the person off the streets before he murders again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty common knowledge by now that the GOP is targeting certain demographics for (unfortunately) legal voter suppression tactics. I mean, a few have even admitted it.

It makes sense when you are relying on a shrinking demographic while your opposition is an increasing one.

Which makes the current right wing shrieking about rigged elections absolutely precious.