Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    pressing the REMOVE FORMAT button will also solve the issue. (still annoying though)
    Yeah that's what I've learned to have to do... like I just did to quote and reply to you. XD

Well, not remove format, but the "switch editor to source editor" option.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2016-11-04 at 12:54 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm getting a similar issue and it's only in the Reply to Quote box. Everything else on the site (and every application for that) works just fine.

JustforreferencethisiswhatIgetwhenIreplytoquote
    Nothing unusual happening in Chrome for me. I use a Colemak keyboard layout via a registry hack, maybe that has something to do with it.

This site has been exhibiting this problem for me in Chrome for almost a month now. It only happens when I quote someone into the Quick Reply box.

My fix is quote them, then copy the quote, cancel the reply, then scroll down to the regular reply box, paste the quote, and reply as usual underneath.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    This site has been exhibiting this problem for me in Chrome for almost a month now. It only happens when I quote someone into the Quick Reply box.

My fix is quote them, then copy the quote, cancel the reply, then scroll down to the regular reply box, paste the quote, and reply as usual underneath.

i've just been hitting "go advanced" as it doesn't happen in there. Only quick replies with quotes.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's relevant or will help any, but this just happened in a reply to a private message also.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a related note and to add to this without starting a new thread; when you're in the middle of writing a reply and decide to add a quote from someone else, if you middle click "Reply With Quote" under the new post hoping to copy and paste from a new tab, it won't actually open the new tab, instead it will start quoting that person within the same window and totally destroy all you've written so far with no way to get the text back and you have to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Unable to replicate in Chrome or Firefox.
    Working for me? Yep, confirmed working. Chrome using the normal "reply with quote" button.

15+ Year Old Account
    +1, I have this issue for like 2 weeks at least now.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

vBulletin has decided not to fix it. I don't experience the bug myself and as far as I know the majority of Chrome users aren't experiencing it either (or at least haven't complained about it). It is still on the list of things to look at eventually.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update: I still have the problem.

Real update: Accidentally typing BEFORE the QUOTE box, for some strange reason, made me able to use the spacebar... but typing afterwards made me unable.

And any reason why vBulletin doesn't feel they should fix the problem, @chaud? That seems really crappy of them...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

VB4 is older software and the editor is a mess, they don't want to spend the time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    This has only happened to me today but when every i have quoted anyone today, I am unable make a space unless theres a character before the cursor.

Spacebar works fine any other time, it's just when i have a quote in the box.
    ThesamethinghappendrightnowtomequotingthisandusingGoogleChrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    ThesamethinghappendrightnowtomequotingthisandusingGoogleChrome.
    Yeah, no update from my end right now. It still only appears for a very small number of users and VB isn't fixing it.