Is the Druid what I'm looking for?

Copy-pasted from an earlier post. I'm still looking for my class and am considering a Druid. Can they...

-Handle themselves in PvP, particularly world PvP, without help? I'm looking to be able to do achievements and such consistently. 6 years since Cata and I still don't have the Darkmoon Arena achieve for instance.
    -Solo tough elites regularly. I'm looking for a class that doesn't have to be afraid of any part of Suramar City.
    --I'm giving up on my mage because of these.
    -Isn't overly complicated when it comes to DPSing in group PvE.
    --I'm giving up the demon hunter I've recently leveled and tried because I can't get into the ridiculousness that is Momentum.

Pretty sure tell me what class to play threads aren't aloud. (Allowed, no coffee yet. Have mercy and a laugh.)

With boomkin you are looking at less dps then mage in every situation. You can go guardian for WQs and never die, but you can do that with vengeance too..

Play what you like.

I play for the Night Elves

10+ Year Old Account
    I would highly recommend druid. I chose it first and never looked back (8 years of a druid main).

As guardian you can comfortably pull 8 mobs at once in Suramar. As feral you can tear mobs to pieces quickly. I haven't played balance or resto though. But the thing is that if you want to try those roles out you can without leveling a whole new toon.

Boomie and feral are quite different. Since you were playing mage I assume you want to try out boomkin.

In world pvp boomie performs quite poorly if your enemy gets in close range, so you'll find yourself deleted by rogue, feral druids or even DHs. On the other hand, they do quite well if you manage to kite properly and also understand what every stance can do, I.E. switching to cat to move quickly, back to boomie to refresh dots, bear stance if you need to stay alive etc.

Elites are easy if you have a small amount of gear, we have a 3 min cd that really boosts our dps for 30 seconds, so unless we're talking 150m hp elites, you're good to go.

Learning the rotation takes no time, perfecting it might be more challenging than with the mage since we have almost nothing that can be cast on the move. You need to plan movement before it happens, and prepare yourself with some astral power to keep dpsing properly. Keep in mind at the moment a perfectly played boomkin will not outperform a mediocre mage with the same ilvl.

Good thing is with druid even if you dislike the ranged dps spec, you have 3 more to try on, unless you really don't want to do anything except dps.