Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Angry enemygrid 7.1 addon

it is working but you can't click on targets so i asked a guy who uses it and he said blizard changed that feature so do u know any way to fix it or any other addons have the same feature cos clicking enemies to use dots by hand is hard ! (shadowpriest)

Nope, you're shit outta luck.

Deleted
    Addons can no longer perform actions on nameplate tokens.
    If i understand the Patchnotes correctly there is no way to do something like enemygrid anymore.

yes and i discovered that addon 3 days ago its shame

[*] light a candle for no longer being able to scumbag the tentacles on xavius that easily. i will miss this addon

I was so mad when I discovered that this addon doesn't work any more (((
    I'm disc, and it is very important for me to toss those 3-4 SWPs when pulling trash in dungeons as quick as possible, before anybody's health drops too low. Enemy Grid was perfect, because I didn't have to lose the party health bars out of my sight. Trying to click on those overlapping moving nameplates was so much slower and much more stressful.
    I'm hugely dissappointed, and I can't even think what it means for shadow

Deleted
    I've heard it still works with mouseover macros, you just cant click to target. Haven't tried it though, could be bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    I've heard it still works with mouseover macros, you just cant click to target. Haven't tried it though, could be bullshit.
    Unless I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't work with regular old @mouseover macros either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    It only functions as a dot tracker / targeted mob tracker, other then the fact that you need to tab or click directly on the target and that it now shows players both friendly and enemy it's still decent for seeing what you have targeted and said dot tracking.

Mouse overs do not work, you can't even click to target directly on the frame. It's a shame really, as disc we can't waste time tabbing though targets to find one healthy enough to cast lights wrath or even penance let alone multi dotting for effective over time healing, it makes the clunky healing class that bit more clunky.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2016-10-26 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I was already staying away from dungeons because of our AoE, now I know for sure I'll never do a mythic or mythic plus again, clicking or tabbing between targets in 2016, so freaking fun!

Blizzar really know to annoy playes when they want.... and with this addon they did it a LOT. The game enemy bars are pretty bad and select the enemy you want and track them could be a hell, specially when the bars placed one above other, overlapping.

The addon was one of best things on wow to fix the bars problem. and as discipline a very VERY valuable tool to keep up the important dots.

hope blizz let this kind of addons work again...but i doubt it

God forbid you should actually have to play the game...

Enable regular nameplates, learn to keybind, practice your rotation and you might find that clicking on an enemy with the highest HP is not really rocket surgery.

Deleted
    Practice your rotation? That definitely solves the issue with 5-6 regular nameplates overlapping and being unable to click the one without dots so you can apply em, or shall I just tab 3 times till I actually target the one I want to apply dots to? All that while trying to stay in voidform or fight with the sometimes retarded camera. God forbid players having fun in WoW.

While they are at it, perhaps they should remove the party/raid frames as well, so healers like you be clicking on friendlyname plates.
    Last edited by mmoca2fb2712c7; 2016-10-27 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    God forbid you should actually have to play the game...

Enable regular nameplates, learn to keybind, practice your rotation and you might find that clicking on an enemy with the highest HP is not really rocket surgery.
    Always has to be one.

Yeah, I like the druid coming in here with this. Balance applies Sunfire in an AOE, has an AOE filler baseline, and an actual, factual AOE nuke to spend their resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldazaar View Post
    Practice your rotation? That definitely solves the issue with 5-6 regular nameplates overlapping and being unable to click the one without dots so you can apply em, or shall I just tab 3 times till I actually target the one I want to apply dots to? All that while trying to stay in voidform or fight with the sometimes retarded camera. God forbid players having fun in WoW.
    There are nameplate addons that don't overlap or suffer anywhere near as badly as the default nameplates do. If you're capable of downloading enemygrid to fix the problem, you're also capable of finding another nameplate addon that also fixes the problem.

A methodical approach also does wonders. If you don't move about too much, tab-targeting usually hits them in the right order, and if you're clicking with decent nameplates (read: not the default), it's also pretty simple to get dots up on everything.

Worst case scenarrio, if you're having trouble, channel mind sear while you're looking and keep your insanity flowing.

Also, if you're applying dots while in void form, you've probably already done something wrong. You multi-dot first, and keep the dots rolling with void bolt.

Deleted
    Yeah good luck on keeping the dots rolling when you're constantly on the move and pulling new trash in dungeons. Its not about the typical raid with 3-4 adds on a boss which you can just dot soon as they spawn (before the nameplates overlap), its about how useless we are in dungeons, and how this "Minor" affect us.

In raids is usually even worse to use enemygrid since you can easily tunnel vision. But lets get one thing straight, doin dungeons, efficiently, is just a chore as shadow priest if you gotta tab like madman.
    Last edited by mmoca2fb2712c7; 2016-10-27 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldazaar View Post
    Yeah good luck on keeping the dots rolling when you're constantly on the move and pulling new trash in dungeons. Its not about the typical raid with 3-4 adds on a boss which you can just dot soon as they spawn (before the nameplates overlap), its about how useless we are in dungeons, and how this "Minor" affect us.

In raids is usually even worse to use enemygrid since you can easily tunnel vision. But lets get one thing straight, doin dungeons, efficiently, is just a chore as shadow priest if you gotta tab like madman.
    If we're getting things straight, I'll start by saying that I've never had any difficulty multi-dotting by clicking nameplates, so claiming that's not an option or a viable option is, at best, subjective.

But I wasn't talking only about raids, and there was nothing I said that implied that to be the case. Outside of S2M, you can't cast Mind Blast or channel Mind Flay while moving, so no matter what you do you're not going to be able to sustain Void Form particularly well on the move... if you're doing a difficult dungeon, you're going to have to stop and fight at some point (and if your group doesn't ever want to stop, casters are always going to be at a disadvantage).

*shrug* I'm not saying the enemy grid addon wasn't useful, but the counter position here seems to be that nobody was capable of effectively multi-dotting prior to its creation, and now that it's gone it's something that has been lost. It's possible, and it's not even that hard. Quick target swaps are something worth being good at regardless, and in melee I found enemy grid to be more annoying than useful (since position matters).

If you find tab targeting to be a chore, find an alternative method. I'm personally fond of Kui Nameplates, but there are a bunch out there worth checking out.

The addon existed for 3-4 months, was clearly something Blizz didn't want. They alluded to the fact that it would be fixed and yet people here manage to pretend to be surprised and triggered that it got removed.

Took of of 3 posts to get the retarded hyperbole about "never running another mythic!". Get over yourself, really.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Yeah, I like the druid coming in here with this. Balance applies Sunfire in an AOE, has an AOE filler baseline, and an actual, factual AOE nuke to spend their resource.
    My main is a priest this expansion. In fact, I've been playing my priest on and off since TBC and at no point was there an issue with selecting the target for me or anyone else. Install TidyPlates and learn to use your mouse.

I can't believe how ridiculous this thread is. Did none of you play in Cata when you had to manage several debuffs AND buffs on yourself, when such addons didn't exist? If you can't micromanage a couple of dots or keep an eye on offensive targets when disc then maybe these specs aren't for you. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people are calling switching targets hard. Jesus.