Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by felirx View Post
    Here's a better representation of how Tidyplates can look. http: //i.imgur.com/97znLtu.jpg
    I disabled all the damage numbers after this since they make it completely unusable.

I'm not saying this is better than Enemygrid, just adequate at most. It's still painful if the targets move around a lot. With enemy grid, it was really easy to rotate void bolts on 3-4 targets by just going down the list. There is also a problem with casting mobs, where the enemy cast bars tend to hide the dot timers from a nameplate below.
    Ive done all the tricks i can to make it better but its just not the same, tab targetting is just garbage, keep pulling groups using tab targetting and at high end mythics it usually just leads to a wipe.

Tried clicking and when i cant get the mob i want, im wasting GCDs.

I actually really hate blizzard for this QoL nerf. They should be ashamed its not in the game as standard UI.

Tidy or Kui ?

Can someone upload a template ?

Quote Originally Posted by healme View Post
    Ive done all the tricks i can to make it better but its just not the same, tab targetting is just garbage, keep pulling groups using tab targetting and at high end mythics it usually just leads to a wipe.

Tried clicking and when i cant get the mob i want, im wasting GCDs.

I actually really hate blizzard for this QoL nerf. They should be ashamed its not in the game as standard UI.
    I was wondering what that addon nerf was targeted at when I read the patch notes.
    The positioning function nerf was very understandable, but this one does seem a little unnecessary, especially given the state of tab-targeting at the moment.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    I have a hard time believing they actually targeted enemygrid with the changes. They probably targeted other addons and our beloved enemygrid took a hit as well.

If I'm wrong, could someone provide a source? I'd like to read Blizzard's reasoning. Some arguements in this thread are perfectly sound - having arena frames, boss frames and whatever-frames but not mob frames is a little bit weird. I still think Blizzard didn't intend to mess with this addon specifically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    I still think Blizzard didn't intend to mess with this addon specifically.
    I also hope this is the case and we'll get this addon back. Tabtargeting is broken as fuck, clicking on moving plates is annoying. The game has became very fast paced compared to classic/BC, while many of the core players got 10 years older. I think it's really not unreasonable to ask for a more convenient way to target mobs.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-10-30 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I didn't use weak auras until I joined a mythic guild in WoD. The necessity basically boiled down to needing a giant icon over my head when I needed to move to a certain location. Before that, I had never had a problem, but the amount of things happening during the fights finally overloaded my ability to process information. In the end, it was about reducing mental bandwidth so that I could focus on more important things.

This mod is the same. Tab targetting, or mousing over nameplates, requires more attention. In a game that is constantly screaming information at you. It's mentally taxing to play a dot class compared to many others because of that reason. The "skill" comes from having the endurance to maintain that level of alertness for extremely long periods of time. There is no doubt that some other classes can get the same results without the stress...

My only real complaint is that if this mod remains, it should be built into the default UI, and mouse over macros should be easy enough to set up that my mom could figure it out. It puts players on a different playing field when using or not using it. So if it's available, it should be instantly and easily so for everyone, and not just for those who read forums and know how to set up mods and macros, etc..

Basically I want everyone playing the same game as me.
    There is no "I want everyone playing the same game" when there are addons in a game. Everyone has his/her own setup. It blows my mind that something like TSM is allowed, it is infinitely more powerful than Enemy Grid. The differences between someone that uses TSM or DBM/Big Wigs and someone that doesn't are huge. Let's be honest here, the only reason Blizzard allows those addons is because they are so big and popular too many people would be pissed off. Enemy Grid was fairly new and the DoT classes aren't really that popular right now. Same reason they destroyed tab targeting cycling through enemies instead of targeting the nearest enemy. Most players just want tab target to target the first target and I don't understand why Blizzard won't just let us pick which type of tab targeting we prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    There is no "I want everyone playing the same game" when there are addons in a game. Everyone has his/her own setup. It blows my mind that something like TSM is allowed, it is infinitely more powerful than Enemy Grid. The differences between someone that uses TSM or DBM/Big Wigs and someone that doesn't are huge. Let's be honest here, the only reason Blizzard allows those addons is because they are so big and popular too many people would be pissed off. Enemy Grid was fairly new and the DoT classes aren't really that popular right now. Same reason they destroyed tab targeting cycling through enemies instead of targeting the nearest enemy. Most players just want tab target to target the first target and I don't understand why Blizzard won't just let us pick which type of tab targeting we prefer.
    Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean I can't have that opinion. I understand what you are saying, but it's still how I feel. I've never been a big fan of the heavy reliance on mods in this game. When something goes from convenience to necessity, it's when I start wondering if it shouldn't just be baked into the game by default. To be clear, I'm not saying it should be taken away. Rather if it's available, then I think Bliz needs to work on a version that comes with the basic install - that's all. I feel the same way about raid frames and DBM.

By the by, what is TSM? TradeSkillMaster was the only thing I could find.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean I can't have that opinion. I understand what you are saying, but it's still how I feel. I've never been a big fan of the heavy reliance on mods in this game. When something goes from convenience to necessity, it's when I start wondering if it shouldn't just be baked into the game by default. To be clear, I'm not saying it should be taken away. Rather if it's available, then I think Bliz needs to work on a version that comes with the basic install - that's all. I feel the same way about raid frames and DBM.

By the by, what is TSM? TradeSkillMaster was the only thing I could find.
    If you're not a fan of heavy reliance on an addon then I guess you're not okay with DBM/BigWigs/Damage Meters either? You can't possibly argue that those have less of an impact than Enem Grid had. My dps in dungeons didn't even go down significantly without Enemy Grid it just became a lot more annoying to play a DoT class in Dungeons. In raids it made no difference at all since there already are unit frames in raids (for bosses AND adds), which is why I just cannot understand why there aren't any for regular trash in dungeons.

If I'm wrong, could someone provide a source? I'd like to read Blizzard's reasoning. Some arguements in this thread are perfectly sound - having arena frames, boss frames and whatever-frames but not mob frames is a little bit weird. I still think Blizzard didn't intend to mess with this addon specifically.
    The problem is that they cannot come up with a good way to pick a priority system for those heaps of mobs that nobody will complain about (because it is impossible, really, otherwise they would have it already and would use it to sort name plates). Thus they won't provide their own version of this addon, but since it has such obvious, basic advantages during combat they cannot allow it to stand, either.

Then maybe they should make multidotting not such a gigantic pile of ass, which is then used as a justification to make shadow's aoe terrible.

Maybe Blizzard should just kill multidotting. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth most of the time.

I've adapted a bit to the new changes, but I sure do miss EnemyGrid. The problem with the plates not overlapping is in the camera angle. If the nameplate is near the top, it will try to dock with the top of the screen, along with any other plates that are higher than the camera can see. If you move your camera more horizontal, the plates spread out a bit and it becomes more possible to juggle dots on 3-4 targets. However, this angle change may affect your ability to see ground effects, such as attack telegraphs and this week's Volcanic affix in M+.

Good luck doing anything other than multi-dotting and then just spamming Mind Sear on packs of more than 5-6 until everything dies.

Still hope the addon could come back.

As Discipline maybe is not so big issue as a shadow. But be able to put dots fast on the enemies and keep them up is an important part of my healing. While others healers just need place hots on party plates with addones supported (xD), we also need kep dot on enemies to "transform" them into hots. And EnemyGrid was a blessing for that.

Now is unneccessary harder keep the dot/hot with no apparently reason. The addon only showed you the plates of enemies you are watching, dont let you dot/target enemies on your back or such... I cant see the cheat on it. There are supported addons WAY more """"cheater"""" or that do the same with raid members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The problem is that they cannot come up with a good way to pick a priority system for those heaps of mobs that nobody will complain about (because it is impossible, really, otherwise they would have it already and would use it to sort name plates). Thus they won't provide their own version of this addon, but since it has such obvious, basic advantages during combat they cannot allow it to stand, either.
    Unless you provide a source, this is entirely speculation from you. Let's stop speculating and get some real sources and statements from Blizzard.

Unless you provide a source, this is entirely speculation from you. Let's stop speculating and get some real sources and statements from Blizzard.
    Of course it is speculation, I'm not a blue poster.
    Just look at how they handled these kinds of addons in the past and you will see where I'm coming from.

And they did kind of did state that the reason I gave is why they removed this addon, they just do not ever say such things outright. It is called diplomacy or in this case corporate policy.

You understand this is a wow fansite correct? Blizzard doesn't post here, not officially at least.

As far as speculation it's pretty accurate imo, if they had a solution they aren't saying a word about it or pushing anything out. It's been an issue for years we've just dealt with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You understand this is a wow fansite correct? Blizzard doesn't post here, not officially at least.

As far as speculation it's pretty accurate imo, if they had a solution they aren't saying a word about it or pushing anything out. It's been an issue for years we've just dealt with it.
    My point is that this entire update could have been meant to target other addons, such as ERT/WA/DBM etc, especially LUA possibitilies, as top guilds nowadays are defined by how good their programmer is. Just take Archimonde for example. Some chinese guild and Paragon were the only ones doing it the intended way. Every other guild relied on their programmers (pottom's weakaura for Method for example). The fact that the guild with the better programmers do better than the guilds without could very well be what Blizzard tried to target with the update, and I completely agree with that. It's been a big issue for a long time now.

However, there's nothing thus far implying that they actually wanted to fuck Enemygrid up. Perhaps they're not even aware that they did fuck it up by not allowing whichever variable Enemygrid used from the API. It's very unfortunate that they did, though.

My point is that this entire update could have been meant to target other addons, such as ERT/WA/DBM etc, especially LUA possibitilies, as top guilds nowadays are defined by how good their programmer is. Just take Archimonde for example. Some chinese guild and Paragon were the only ones doing it the intended way. Every other guild relied on their programmers (pottom's weakaura for Method for example). The fact that the guild with the better programmers do better than the guilds without could very well be what Blizzard tried to target with the update, and I completely agree with that. It's been a big issue for a long time now.

However, there's nothing thus far implying that they actually wanted to fuck Enemygrid up. Perhaps they're not even aware that they did fuck it up by not allowing whichever variable Enemygrid used from the API. It's very unfortunate that they did, though.
    What other addon played with nameplates in the same way?

DBM/ERT didnt play with nameplates, it got purposefully targetted by the position data change.
    WA doesnt play with nameplates as far as I know.

Was there any other addon that generated interact-able enemy nameplates then Enemygrid?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What other addon played with nameplates in the same way?

DBM/ERT didnt play with nameplates, it got purposefully targetted by the position data change.
    WA doesnt play with nameplates as far as I know.

Was there any other addon that generated interact-able enemy nameplates then Enemygrid?
    Was a nameplate variable what broke enemygrid? If it was position data that broke it, then enemygrid was just a casualty of the change and not what was actually targeted (radars etc).

Was a nameplate variable what broke enemygrid? If it was position data that broke it, then enemygrid was just a casualty of the change and not what was actually targeted (radars etc).
    enemy grid is the only major addon that I have seen that takes advantage of the new nameplate API commands added in 7.0. it's the reason an addon like enemy grid couldn't exist before. so you can more or less guarantee that enemy grid was intentionally targeted here as I genuinely haven't seen another addon use this function, and I cant for the life of me imagine how it could be used in an exploit as all it does is query a newly created nameplate for it's unitID, and then bind that to a frame.

Enemygrid did nothing with position date it was the nameplate functions added in 7.0
    Before that it was not possible to dynamically create interact-able UI elements based off nameplates.

I would love to know why Blizzard specifically added these commands to the game in 7.0 only to remove them to (seemingly) specifically break enemygrid.
    #BlizzconPanelquestion
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death