Question Is there by now a consensus on destruction stat priority?

Hi all,

When I last checked, there was a group of players claiming destruction needs 30% haste and 20% crit with Haste > Crit > Vers = Mastery, and then there was the Askmrrobot / Pawn group where Mastery was almost equal to haste and crit was rated much worse. Since they are pretty different, I strongly suggest one of them must be wrong. I simmed my char and eventhough I have like 85% mastery it was still rated as my best stat for future items, which seems weird.

Is there by now any consensus on what is actually the way to go? The top players seem to stick more or less to the 30% haste / 20% crit thing, but then again it might just be random because they might go by ilvl. And is it even possible that askmrrobot could be that far off when it comes to stat weights?

Confused warlock looking for guidance, thanks for help

There is not any consensus, its just said that we should stick around 30% haste and 20+% crit. But since every sim (any many guides) has their own stats weigths... For example, if you run a simulation on askmrrobot you will get haste>mastery>crit since mastery weigth is higher than other sites, otherwise, if you run the simulation at simcraft, you will get that even with 33% haste, haste>crit>versatility>=mastery.
    Imo, just stick around the % for now till someone or something proves it.

Here is your guidance: Destro is trash for single target, the only fights it should be used in is when you can have havoc up on a second target.

All things being equal, yes mastery is the best stat, it provides a 1% dmg modifier for every 230 mastery rating, compared to 325 for haste, 350 for crit, 400 for vers.

But mastery only (and this is the important part) affects YOUR spells.

So your pet gets none of the damage, but thats alright on single target, because you are trading your pet damage for your damage.

The place it doesn't work with is Grimoire of Sacrifice, which benefits from your crit, vers and haste. And since you are only suppose to use destro on havoc fights, it counts doubly as much.

Sims don't take this into consideration, they just test patchwerk single target fights.

Go haste, crit, vers, mastery.

Thanks for your replies!