Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Husnain View Post
    Totally agree with you, nothing is comfortable for long term use.
    A good mesh seat is.

I will also add support for mesh seats.
    Our household uses Herman Miller Mira 2's and it is the best chair I have ever had.
    The Aeron which was mentioned before is also a good choice and is available for a much cheaper price in some places than the Mira 2 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Husnain View Post
    Totally agree with you, nothing is comfortable for long term use.
    Cloth upholstery over a breathable foam seat with mesh backing is perfectly comfortable.
    Hell, you can ditch the back rest too if the seat is designed properly

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Gaming chairs are a meme, unironically a simple office chair is the best because they are made for working and longer sessions.
    Yeah Gaming chairs pretty much look like racecar seats. I just use a regular office chair (non rolling for some reason) because the way they look bothers me/hurts my back
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'd recommend finding a proper office chair instead of buying "gaming chairs". Office chairs are usually created with long hours of computer work in mind, are much higher quality and don't look like christmas trees or chairs out of a 1990s F1 car. The "gaming" label is often just used to peddle subpar shit to people who get overly excited whenever they see something they can relate to. Gaming chair, gaming energy drink, gaming table, gaming curtains....in almost any case you will be better off just searching for a quality product in that specific area instead of buying into things just cause they are described with the gaming tag. I'm not saying there won't be quality stuff advertised as a "Gamer Product" sometimes, but the general trend is that advertising things as gaming products means they don't defend themselves by their own merits.

It's the same principle as with "kid products". For example, Mobile phones "for children" are usually just shit phones that try to prey on clueless people who want to buy something proper for their children. In 9/10 of cases it's better to just buy a regular phone that suits the needs of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You know what else isn't comfortable long term? Leather seats. Even more so if it's faux leather.
    The massive advantage of leather, whether faux or not, is that you can easily clean it. For people who spend a lot of time at their desk and often eat & drink there this is an actual game changer. I've been using leather chairs for like 10+ years now and never had any issues of discomfort. Sometimes when I play without trousers on I have to move from time to time not to get glued to it but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yeah Gaming chairs pretty much look like racecar seats. I just use a regular office chair (non rolling for some reason) because the way they look bothers me/hurts my back
    Yeah. The visuals make gaming chairs look weird for anyone who is more than 15 years old and/or isn't a "professional" gamer.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    1)Don't buy a "gaming chair". Buy some actual good quality office chairs.
    2)Do some fucking sport kids. Move your body a little. Moving your muscle will decrease sitting pain, and it's also healthy. Jog a little, ride a bike, go for a nice walk, join a gym and do some resistance training (not even to gain muscle, just to move your body), swim, whatever but move your ass a little every day.
    I’ve used gaming chairs for years. In all honestly, a super GT RACING GT505 gaming chair is what you may want. Comfort over looks

IMO the best "gaming" chair isn't one of those typical racing seat type gaming chairs at all. Personally I think they're too stiff and gimmicky.

The best gaming chair is a good office throne! Something that executives use.
    Herman Miller, HumanScale are examples.

You can look for office closure sales, where they might be letting go used furniture cheap!

I use a Herman Miller Aeron in gray. Got it cheap through an office closure sale.

Hyken mesh chair. Goes on sale 135$ bucks I use it 12 hours a day no issues.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting on a Secretlab Titan for a few months now, Best purchase ive made the last years.
    Came from a high end office desk chair, but somehow this thing is more comfy than the office chair.

I recently got the Corsair T3 Rush, and I'm pretty impressed with it. I hate faux leather, but this one has a nice cloth weave. It's also dark grey and black, so not garish like some chairs. I didn't want to spend the 550 for the cloth Secretlab, and Noblechairs were pretty expensive for what I was looking to spend. Corsair's previous chairs had some complaints about them, so I was a little trepidatious about it. But, ended up really glad I went for it. Good ergonomics, comfortable, and it was $300 iirc.

Do not buy the Homall chair guys, the most important piece of any chair (the gas lift) of broke for me 3 times, they sent me new ones and the customer service was so great and fast, and the chair is seemingly an amazing deal out the box, however, the gas lift is absolutely not rated for 300 pounds, let alone 180 pounds (my weight). I checked all of the many negative reviews and almost everyone mentioned the gas lift as well. I wish I would have trusted more into the negative reviews prior to purchase however they have a 4.4 overall rating so I looked passed it. Then I read about DXRacer from ReviewLog and paid some extra 100-150 dollars and went for the DXRacer and got some durability and additional features

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc9a9524d7ad View Post
    Which chair do you guys recommend I should get? Most preferably from the guide, since it helps me navigate. Also which chair do you guys currently use for gaming?
    Secret Lab makes the best chairs for gaming. I have 4 in my home, 2 being for non-gaming.

They're "expensive" ($400ish), but worth it - best chair I've ever used, including Herman Millers and Steelcase.

And slapping on the roller blade wheels, makes them even better.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize the necro.

I'm using an Ewin Champion Cloth Chair, I am enjoying it and I've sat in this chair for hours on end.

https://bit.ly/3gSKJy9
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I use the Ergochair 2 from Autonomous and absolutely love it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I use the Ergochair 2 from Autonomous and absolutely love it.
    i second this, best chair ive ever owned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Secret Lab makes the best chairs for gaming. I have 4 in my home, 2 being for non-gaming.

They're "expensive" ($400ish), but worth it - best chair I've ever used, including Herman Millers and Steelcase.

And slapping on the roller blade wheels, makes them even better.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize the necro.
    Really? Secret Lab over Herman Miller?

Which specific models are you comparing?

My Herman Miller Aeron is by far the best one I've ever had and being mesh, rather than leather or fabric, it doesn't retain odours and doesn't make me all sweaty after a long session It's also comfortable enough to support a 8-9 hr work day + 5-6hrs of gaming.
    There are also enough "office clear-outs" that you can usually pick up a good quality one with lots of extras for under £300 vs the £1,000 new
    Last edited by Djinni; 2020-12-23 at 02:50 PM.

Ikea Marcus. Using it for 10years. Not one complaint... I am 2m tall, always had problems with my back. But on this char I never had any problems.
    Head rest on the first models was not very durable, but everything else is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a steelcase leap, it's incredibly comfortable. My old chair gave me back ache. This one is perfect :S

Get an Aeron Classic, they are about $400- $450 used and better than any other gaming chair you could find at that price range. Your back will thank you.

Get a chair designed for long hours not gaming. They suck.