Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Warlocks and Sephuz' Secret - Near useless

As like so many others since 7.1 hit this week, i had the joy of getting my first legendary. Sephuz Secret. On a class that, by design, has no baseline interrupt to be had. Aff has 1 (pet), Demo has 1 (pet), Destro has 0. Add in shadowfury and i guess you have an extra in each spec, but still.

I went into EN and found that the ring does not proc on any bosses by use of shadowfury or by any pet. So what the heck is the point in giving this ring to us? Is it like that for every class?

IIRC Ion had just said a little bit ago that the utility based items may have better use as we go on and start to need things like a boost of speed in a tight moment in an encounter. But this ring simply does not work for warlocks on raid encounters. No speed boost, no haste proc, just a stat stick with no cool use at all. The only time this gets a chance to be used is when there are adds around to throw an interrupt at, which even some of them dont proc the ring.

Am I missing something? Call me lazy/bad player, but having to switch targets to throw an interrupt with my pet to an add (thats not my responsibility due to raid comp/setup) and then swapping back to the boss is not a fun gameplay mechanic for a legendary.
    Last edited by RugMcNasty; 2016-10-26 at 02:08 PM.

it is considered the worst legendary by most classes, there is no trick to it, its just bad. Just like these pillars of the dark portal I got stuck with,

Warlocks don't have too many great legendaries to look for, hope you get one of the 3 that are actually decent.

I've found a lot of use in it for Mythic+ you'll be stunning quite a bit with Shadowfury that you can get its haste buff almost every pack. As you know trash is more important in M+ than the bosses.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well you should be running doomguard on destro/affli now in basically all situations so you will have that interrupt.

And as the others have been saying shadowfury is mandatory in M+ so you will get the proc off that.

At least you have a legendary.

Deleted
    Does it work on interrupts? I thought only on "loss of control" effects, of which interrupt is definitely not one!

Edit: I am wrong!

I thought interrupts would be classed as a loss of control, kind of makes sense. But they are not! You have Shadowfury at least, which is even more accessible with the 7.1 changes I guess.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2016-10-26 at 03:22 PM.

First, it is pretty good in M+ dungeons. Shadowfury and Axe toss both have the perfect 30 second CD.

Second, you can get a little out of it in raids.

Nythendra -- CC your friends (on mythic)
    Spider -- sucks
    Ursoc -- sucks
    Eyeball -- You can stun the ichors.
    Dragons -- tons of dinky adds to stun
    Cenarius -- rip. Maybe the wisps can be stunned?
    Xavius -- 2nd phase adds can be cc'd. Maybe the tentacles too?

Best of luck with a better legendary next.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeypenguin View Post
    it is considered the worst legendary by most classes, there is no trick to it, its just bad. Just like these pillars of the dark portal I got stuck with,

Warlocks don't have too many great legendaries to look for, hope you get one of the 3 that are actually decent.
    It's decent for Demo in dungeons and world content because Axe Toss lines up perfectly, and Haste is great for Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's decent for Demo in dungeons and world content because Axe Toss lines up perfectly, and Haste is great for Demo.
    My apologies, by default when I talk aobut stuff I talk aobut Mythic Raiding. Yes it is good in dungeons and I think Id rather have it overall over these shitty pants. At least the pants make for fun videos.

But the ring is considered the worst legendary by most dps (when looking at mythic raids)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty bad, but not the worst. It has good stats and socket to boot and the proc will be up a lot in decent M+ where you take Shadowfury.

Certainly won't be raving about it when I'll eventually get it, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    First, it is pretty good in M+ dungeons. Shadowfury and Axe toss both have the perfect 30 second CD.

Second, you can get a little out of it in raids.

Nythendra -- CC your friends (on mythic)
    Spider -- sucks
    Ursoc -- sucks
    Eyeball -- You can stun the ichors.
    Dragons -- tons of dinky adds to stun
    Cenarius -- rip. Maybe the wisps can be stunned?
    Xavius -- 2nd phase adds can be cc'd. Maybe the tentacles too?

Best of luck with a better legendary next.
    you can stun the spiders, also mortal coil works on all these too, you can stun the wisps, and no the tentacles cant be ccd on xavius
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Just got it as my second legendary, feelsfuckingbadman.

Got the 2 worse legendary items, fuck my luck!!! fuck you zephuz

My corruption slow ring is worse for dps but really great in world questing (which warlocks need no help with to begin with. These would be great in pvp which of course they are disabled in.

The worst part is the change to make it trigger from interrupts won't matter for anyone but affliction warlocks because nobody else has access to interrupts unless destro uses doomguard (and demo never will over grimoire of synergy and due to legendaries being tied to doomguard cd).

It could be worst. U could get the pants or Norgannons.

Like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Like me.
    The Boots are actually really good for Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Like me.
    got the pants too. I love em though.
    Norgannons is receiving a sweet buff with 7.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    got the pants too. I love em though.
    Norgannons is receiving a sweet buff with 7.1.5
    That's a nerf for Affliction. It will be good for Demo, and Destro though.

"Standing still for 5 seconds lets you cast while moving for 5 seconds"

It works on interupts in 7.2 I believe? And yes it is probably the worst legendary for raiding especially on single target bosses