Rdrood's thorn, OP bugged or intended ?

So yest after patch went live, few of my mates told me how broken OP Rdrood thorns that a rog casted 2x mutilates and went from 100% hp to 0% or how Enh shammy popped BL/Resto drood pop thorns, Enh dies.

Personally i faced only 2x Resto drood teams yest around 2.1-2.2k in 3s, and even though it did hurt a bit, but nothing dramatic like examples i was told by my mates, i simply swapped targets and kept on racking up dps meters.

What are your guys experience vs Rdrood's thorns? Did you find it OP and hard to deal with? Also does any1 know if dmg being dealt intend to be this high or is it a bug? And lastly correct me if i am wrong, thorns only effect physical attacks correct? Magic attacks bypass them (i am melee, so kinda interested to know answer to this one), thanks every1 in advance =)

It's been hotfixed to have a ~2 second cooldown and now it hits for 5% max life. It's not bad but it's not that big of a threat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's been hotfixed to have a ~2 second cooldown and now it hits for 5% max life. It's not bad but it's not that big of a threat anymore.
    Ah ic, and does it proc of physical dmg or magic dmg as well? thank you sir =)

It's never proc'd from magic damage. Only melee hits.

Yep thought so, just wanted to make sure =). thx a lot

I really don't get why they put Thorns for Resto instead of Balance.

Probably because it does less damage than a single use of Sunfire now. If the target is melee. And is attacking the thorns. And isn't a slow attacker like arms or unholy. And it isn't dispelled.

Correct, which is why "back in the day" when I'd insect swarm spec, no melee could ever kill me, even if I just stood there and tank it. Only shadow priest had a chance 1v1. ahhh, the good old days.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================