Deleted

Question Destruction cleave or aoe emphasis for m+

Hey guys,

Just gearing up my alt lock (845 currently) and enjoying mythic+ runs with friends more than the raids currently so this will be my main playtime focus.

Now I understand the talents pretty well and how they link together but I can't seem to nail a general talent spec down. At the moment I have BD RE FnB GrimSac and WH which seems to be a jack of all trades master of none.

Now with mythic keystone levels and the dungeons themselves offering varying trash numbers and mechanics, I'm wondering if using a generalised all purpose build is holding me back.

So my question is would I be better off with my jack of all trades build?
    Or go BD RE FnB GrimSac SC for the AoE focus
    Or go RB RE Eradication GrimSac WH for the cleave focus

Maybe one spec is better than others for specific dungeons like DHT is a lot of trash aoe, HoV has a bit more cleave or under 3 target trash etc.

Also if anyone can link me to mythic dungeons logs which shows someone's talents I would be eternally grateful, can't find it on my phone for some reason.

Deleted
    Your second option, RB RE Eradication GrimSac WH is the build I normally use. It should be noted though that I have the legendary back so wreak havoc is pretty much my go to talent in every situation.

Doing high level mythic+ I think the cleave focus is more important than full aoe. I generally find the aim on trash is to cc 1-2 mobs then focus down 1 or 2 adds as priority which is something destruction is fantastic at. This obviously depends on affixes and dungeon, but I find even taking FnB we're still not exactly fantastic at big burst aoe, we can pass at it sure but I'd rather focus on my strengths and be really valuable there. I normally run with a demon hunter too so they can blow the big packs up while I focus on the really threatening mobs.

I'm starting to wonder if I should start trying out supremacy instead of sac, means I can pull out the infernal for trash and the doomguard for a bit more single target on bosses. Infernal gives an extra stun too which is handy. Anyone been trying this out?
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2016-10-27 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really depends on team composition, dungeon and difficulty.

For example Halls of Valor - doesn't really have anything to AoE (unless you run really low key where you take couple of packs at once), while on the other hand Black Rook Hold has a ton of AoE trash.

Basically (speaking high level mythic) there are two options:

1. BD/RE/F&B/Sac/WH
    2. BD/RE/Eradication/Sac/WH

If your team is really heavy on AoE already or dungeon really has not much AoE in it - go with 2, otherwise 1.

Deleted
    As a side question Firon does the infernal deal it's AoE purely on meteor or does it other attacks that are not on cd deal aoe too?

The way I see it current go-to is Backdraft/Entropy/Shadowfury/Brimstone/Whatever/Sacrifice/Havoc, good all-around build, maybe switch to Eradication instead if the pulls aren't large enough to justify FnB, also legendaries: belt compliments Backdraft and FnB, bracers and cloak line up good with Wreck Havoc.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iDadio View Post
    As a side question Firon does the infernal deal it's AoE purely on meteor or does it other attacks that are not on cd deal aoe too?
    The Infernal has a pulsating Immolation Aura that deals damage, which has no cool down. Pretty sure it pulsates every 2-2.5s.

Deleted
    So is the general consensus to just take WH as standard, was thinking maybe SC would have its uses on AoE heavy dungeons like BRH where stacking RoF could be more beneficial than WH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    The Infernal has a pulsating Immolation Aura that deals damage, which has no cool down. Pretty sure it pulsates every 2-2.5s.
    Yeah that, it's probably not worth it over sac though. I doubt the infernal does as much damage as sac does with 2-3+ targets immolated, and the single target gain of doomguard vs sac might be outweighed by the short boss fights and the loss of the 3 minute cooldown. Was just wondering, I'd like to see some numbers on this anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

So is the general consensus to just take WH as standard, was thinking maybe SC would have its uses on AoE heavy dungeons like BRH where stacking RoF could be more beneficial than WH?
    I don't think this is worth the loss of wreak havoc which is amazing in lots of situations. SC is going to give you 1 free RoF every 5 casts on average.
    Last edited by mmocca694fa5de; 2016-10-27 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    Yeah that, it's probably not worth it over sac though. I doubt the infernal does as much damage as sac does with 2-3+ targets immolated, and the single target gain of doomguard vs sac might be outweighed by the short boss fights and the loss of the 3 minute cooldown. Was just wondering, I'd like to see some numbers on this anyway.
    You're right, it's not, especially once you have the Impish Incineration artifact talent, which is easily (and quite early) obtainable. Basically, GoSac > Everything else for Destruction unless it's a ST heavy encounter, which is nullified in dungeons anyway due to trash taking the most time.