Destro PVP nerf?

I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes, but while I was in a warden tower today I noticed that chaos bolt was not hitting my havoc target. I was getting 2 of everything except chaos bolt so my pairs of targets weren't dying evenly. Has anyone else seen this? Why in the hell would they nerf destro pvp? It's not like we were whomping all the other classes to death.

Chaos bolt was hitting my havoc target just fine outside the warden tower so it looked like a pvp thing.

read your pvp talents lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... the "nerf".

Deleted
    Focused Chaos makes CB non-cleaveable. Enjoy it while it lasts boys, it's hugely OP even now. Getting over 1 million bolts with CD's, without you can casually lob 600k monsters heh.

ahh ok well I don't pvp much so it was a question I had to ask. There are so many things to 'read' that sometimes a little tweak here and there is easy to miss.

Also I'm pretty sure I didn't swap my talent from the immolate one so it was automatically changed without my knowledge or having even opened my honor talents which was a little strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Focused Chaos makes CB non-cleaveable. Enjoy it while it lasts boys, it's hugely OP even now. Getting over 1 million bolts with CD's, without you can casually lob 600k monsters heh.
    I'm also loving the instant immolate in bgs. It's like I'm Oprah with immolate "You get an immolate! You get an immolate! LOOK UNDER YOUR CHAIRS! YOU ALL GET IMMOLATE!" and then have like infinite shard generation.

For arena, FC is definitely better unless they change their mind about allowing Havoc to ignore LoS again.

I was thinking instant immolate + channel demonfire might be a neato combo to mess around with. Anyone tried this?

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightcrescent View Post
    I was thinking instant immolate + channel demonfire might be a neato combo to mess around with. Anyone tried this?
    Could be good but haven't tested it. Probably not so great in arenas but it will work fine in BG'S. Insta Immo, Conflag, SB and CDF to top it off is much more fun than just spamming SB. The instant spec is effective but just so anti-Destro that I can't play it for long.

Destro for me is about dat CHAOS BOLT that strikes fear into the heart of your enemies when they see your cast bar. It is grossly OP at the moment but a step in the right direction. I expect a nerf to the talent but even a large-ish nerf wont make the spec unviable unless they go truly balls to the walls with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightcrescent View Post
    Why? The amount of bolts fired is the same if you had 1 or 10 targets.

Destros got a nice pvp buffs in 7.1, yest did some 3s with a random destro i found in LFG, we pretty much raped every1, who only went 50/50 with another destro team. Hence, i woulndt call 7.1 a nerf for Destro's PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Why? The amount of bolts fired is the same if you had 1 or 10 targets.
    Just because it would be interesting to see. I am aware that it does the same damage regardless. It can be fun to use it to finish things off. I'm not sure if you'd get much of a satisfactory result in a bg and the spell effect makes me think of fireworks rather than a big hunky chaos bolt, but maybe someone out there does like it. One advantage of the channel demonfire is that it turns your facing with your target so all that hopping around isn't going to evade it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Destros got a nice pvp buffs in 7.1, yest did some 3s with a random destro i found in LFG, we pretty much raped every1, who only went 50/50 with another destro team. Hence, i woulndt call 7.1 a nerf for Destro's PvP
    Yeah, focused chaos is extremely broken. Conflag + CB + CB against a target that didn't get any defensives up is likely a kill on your own, and with backdraft and reverse entropy, they won't exactly have a lot of time to react.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Yeah, focused chaos is extremely broken. Conflag + CB + CB against a target that didn't get any defensives up is likely a kill on your own, and with backdraft and reverse entropy, they won't exactly have a lot of time to react.
    It was broken on PTR when it were 200% now its more or less balanced since it actually feels fullfilling to get a CB cast away from how it were before when it mostly were a waste (wet noodle dmg with pvp template) if not to apply the "mortal strike" effect on retarded people that didnt move :P

Love new chaos bolt it's so fucking great to two shot people again like we used to do in WoD. Now with Mortal strike! and there are always plenty of shards. Imo if(when) it would be nerfed it would be something like 3 shards per cb or something like that.

And the best thing - no need to push cooldown anymore (we don't have any)

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Why do you consider this OP? Seen Glacial Spike damage? Seen Greater Fireball damage? Or even warrior dmg. Or Assassination rogues etc.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.