Wreck Havoc vs. Soul Conduit with Odr cloak legendary?

So I finally got my first legendary(yay ^_^) and it's Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar(5 internet dollars to who ever can pronounce that). It's effect is pretty cool in that I do 8% increased damage to my havoc-ed target. This will only make me stronger in Cleave fights, but what about in single target? Would it be worth it to always be specced into Wreck Havoc and treat it like dot, similar to a secondary eradication? Havoc is instant so it could be fairly easy to fit into the rotation on high movement fights. Thoughts?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to a warlock in LFR last night about this particular legendary. My gut feeling says conduit should still be better, just aim to use havoc on CD and time it with conflags and chaos bolts. To know for sure you'd have to figure out how to simulate it, and I'm not sure how exactly to sim that.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

IIRC, thoughts are split about this. It's somewhere between a minor DPS loss and a minor DPS gain depending on who you talk to.

Hey!

I also got this legendary last night first one!

So i also thought about this so i did some testing! and checked others logs!

Basically for bosses like nythendra soul conduit is much better because you can cast havoc when you burst for example save 5 soul shards then cast havoc and spam chaos bolts and conflag your end up doing at least 5-6+ chaos bolts due to soul conduit i was easy on 600k burst on mythic nythendra with time warp!

Maybe do some testing yourself but for bosses like dragons i mean its a no brainier havoc wins all day long!

Thanks,

Elum.

Napkin math says it should come out something like 1-2% ahead of soul conduit, which is pretty eh considering soul conduit is a lot more likely to have bigger RNG swings.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Elum View Post
    Hey!

I also got this legendary last night first one!

So i also thought about this so i did some testing! and checked others logs!

Basically for bosses like nythendra soul conduit is much better because you can cast havoc when you burst for example save 5 soul shards then cast havoc and spam chaos bolts and conflag your end up doing at least 5-6+ chaos bolts due to soul conduit i was easy on 600k burst on mythic nythendra with time warp!

Maybe do some testing yourself but for bosses like dragons i mean its a no brainier havoc wins all day long!

Thanks,

Elum.
    I was thinking the same thing. It brings destro back to when it was more important to pool your CB for trinket pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny727272 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It brings destro back to when it was more important to pool your CB for trinket pros.

I got the Cloak a few days ago but dummy dps doesnt show much DPS increase with Wreak Havoc, no where near 8%. Does it really work if ur using Havoc on ur single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Banahin View Post
    I got the Cloak a few days ago but dummy dps doesnt show much DPS increase with Wreak Havoc, no where near 8%. Does it really work if ur using Havoc on ur single target?
    You realize that only your single target spells are effect dont you?
    So no increase on Immolate (which is our 2nd strongest dmg ability), no increase on rifts, not for pets or Sac procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banahin View Post
    The best way to test it is by checking the damage of spells that aren't modified by your mastery, so test the damage Grimoire of Sacrifice with and without the cloak and try to keep your INT (and vers) exactly the same with and without the cloak.

EDIT: It doesn't work for pets? That's a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So no increase on Immolate (which is our 2nd strongest dmg ability),
    What? Since when is Immolate not single-target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So no increase on Immolate (which is our 2nd strongest dmg ability), no increase on rifts, not for pets or Sac procs
    Immolate and Rifts aren't single target spells?

I've been wondering myself. I think that Wreak Havoc may be ever so slightly better in terms of numbers, but without Soul Conduit I simply don't have the shards to maintain Eradication.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Immolate and Rifts aren't single target spells?
    Pretty sure it will work with Immolate, but yes it will not work with Rifts as far as i have seen, though i do not have the cloak so i cant say if there is no gain (since the rifts dont go on both targets with havoc, single target havoc shouldnt be affected by it)

rifts are considered pets, so it should not work with them

Well, i tested the Rifts with my cloak, they are for sure not affected.
    About Immolate, i cant tell for sure, the impact damage is affected, but i dont know about the dot itself (damn mastery).

Deleted
    Remove all gear except the cloak and try again

If its a thing that is copied by havoc, it is affected by the cloak.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.