Comprounding horror nerf

So there's discussion about CH. Nerf or buff? 100% nerf for pvp. And 100% nerf for pve.
    After 7.1 1 stack of CH has 10% chance to proc and does ~11k damage. With reap it has SAME 10% proc chance and 12k damage. I cannot see how 12k is doubled from 11k. Also description of reap is false: it's not doubling all traits, CH is just example. Enjoy your "in good state" spec that was BUFFED according to Blizzard devs.

I believe reap has always doubled the proc chance for CH? Can you provide data to show it doesn't change?

So hey, here's a funny suggestion: if you think something isn't working the way it's supposed to be, you could try reporting the bug and possibly making a forum post on the official forums instead of posting more passive-aggressive crap on MMO-C

Damage-wise, whether it's a nerf or buff depended on how much mastery you had. Under ~114% it was a buff, over it was a nerf, once you factor in the 5% bonus to UA in 7.1.

Here's the napkin math checking total coefficient of damage.
    at 114%
    Before: 368 * (2.14) * 1.25 = 984.4% coefficient w/ 5 stacks of CH
    After: 386.4 * (2.14) + 160 = 986.9% 'coefficient' w/ 5 stacks.

at 120%
    Before: 368 * 2.2 * 1.25 = 1061.5
    After: 386.4 * (2.2) + 160 = 1010.08

It's still not a big change, but there you go. I am also annoyed reap souls doesn't double the damage; that ability has too many exceptions and special behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpus View Post
    So hey, here's a funny suggestion: if you think something isn't working the way it's supposed to be, you could try reporting the bug and possibly making a forum post on the official forums instead of posting more passive-aggressive crap on MMO-C
    I did. Like all those people who reported sweet souls bug from last april. Still not even adressed. Posting here only because I want more people to know about issue and probably will spam blizzard more about it.