Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Rarely is it possible to identify the persons in question as easily as in this case.
    I was just pointing out that you do actually have a legal obligation. It's not likely to ever get enforced though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I would ask if he's ok. Then contact a bank employee.

However I know better than to expect others to help. People either don't care or they are afraid of being sued. One or the other.
    All those people posting feel good shut on twitter? They wouldn't do shit either. It's called virtue signaling. Most people are really self centered

Don't believe me? See how most people drive. And see how many people will slow down and rubber neck an accident, but not even phone the police.

it really disgust me how people can be, walking talking drones doing nothing but walk their path...

so much for...humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    so, what's stoping a criminal to lay down near a bank, wait until someone checks him and then stab him and run away with his money?
    To be fair, some crimes like this already exist. A common example is when someone out on a country road pretends to be injured or in some kind of emergency (typically with accomplices nearby) in order to get someone to stop, then they rob them/carjack them/do whatever else once the chance arises. Criminals using compassion as a vessel aren't unheard of.

The big difference, however, is that the example I mentioned is reliant on isolation. Banks aren't typically isolated places, at least from my experience.

I live in Bavaria and it isn't totally uncommon to see homeless people sleeping in banks, especially when it's getting cold. They are open 7/24 and warm after all.

I didn't read the article, but I probably would have walked by as well unless he was literally laying in front of the cash machine (especially if it was in the early morning or late evening).

lol I was hoping, wishing, when clicking the link that this dude was heaped over in a chair or on a bench or something inside the bank. At least then it could be chalked up to "old guy just having a nap."

Nope, fuckin' splayed out on the floor. These people suck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    I live in Bavaria and it isn't totally uncommon to see homeless people sleeping in banks, especially when it's getting cold. They are open 7/24 and warm after all.

I didn't read the article, but I probably would have walked by as well unless he was literally laying in front of the cash machine (especially if it was in the early morning or late evening).
    He was slightly blocking the way (so not on a bench or close to a wall), it was beginning of October, and during the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I was just pointing out that you do actually have a legal obligation. It's not likely to ever get enforced though.
    Yes, and I pointed out that the only reason it is not likely to get enforced most of the time is because it is hard to prove who was present.
    If it is possible to prove who was present then it does get enforced. And in this case it should be easy to identify everyone who did business in that bank during the time in question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    I would ask if he's ok. Then contact a bank employee.

However I know better than to expect others to help. People either don't care or they are afraid of being sued. One or the other.
    All those people posting feel good shut on twitter? They wouldn't do shit either. It's called virtue signaling. Most people are really self centered

Don't believe me? See how most people drive. And see how many people will slow down and rubber neck an accident, but not even phone the police.
    You cannot get sued for trying to help in Germany, even if you accidentially make it worse, there is even a special insurance the state provides for everyone who ever gets in a situation where they have a duty to rescue. The only danger of getting sued is for those who do not try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You cannot get sued for trying to help in Germany, even if you accidentially make it worse, there is even a special insurance the state provides for everyone who ever gets in a situation where they have a duty to rescue. The only danger of getting sued is for those who do not try to help.
    I'd like to say that it would be the same here in the states due to "Good Samaritan Law"(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law) but people have sued for more idiotic things and managed to win.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    key words are "come to the rescue" and "party in peril". Someone lying on a floor is not in peril. Someone hanging from the window is. Or someone who got his hand stuck in a ATM machine for whatever reason is. But not someone lying on the floor.
    On the other hand, if someone have collapsed on the floor in front of you and lost consciousness, that's when the duty to rescue kicks in. But if you happen to pass by someone lying on the floor - no.
    Why are hanging from a window being in peril? I mean, all that is happening is a person hanging from a window - maybe they are just preparing to do some pullups? Why would someone with their hand stuck in an atm be in peril? They're just stuck -it's not like they are hurting or anything. They are simply stuck.

Do you see how retarded you are?