Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My response is only refuting your claim that Jolt will rarely be used. I'm saying that in a DPS rotation, Jolt/Jolt II will be one of your primary spells used to proc Dualcast so you can insta cast your more potent spells, primarily verthunder and veraero.
    and that's wrong, I played for like 5 minutes on the red mage simulator and I used jolt2 4 times. https://tylian.github.io/rdm/ , between verfire/stone, acceleration, swiftcast, verholy/flare proc, melee combo, manafication, impact, jolt is rarely used, exactly as I said at the beginning. You have many ways to avoid using jolt and thats also the goal you should always have.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2017-06-10 at 08:37 PM.

I've been taking a look at the revamp as well as the new skills and rotations of the new jobs and as someone who is going from PC to PS4 I have to say they look very controller friendly. Both RDM and SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    and that's wrong, I played for like 5 minutes on the red mage simulator and I used jolt2 4 times. https://tylian.github.io/rdm/ , between verfire/stone, acceleration, swiftcast, verholy/flare proc, melee combo, manafication, impact, jolt is rarely used, exactly as I said at the beginning. You have many ways to avoid using jolt and thats also the goal you should always have.

Your and my definitions/ interpretations of rare may also be different. Point is, Jolt/Jolt II is your default spell to use to proc Dualcast. Obviously if procs line up appropriately, you may be able to skip it and use a more potent spell, but you should not count on a random chance. Casting higher potency spells should be your goal but you can't control when the procs occur, so that's not really your focus it's simply pressing the right spell at the right time.

You'll also have to forgive me for being skeptical regarding your experience when the class hasn't even released yet and your experience is 5 minutes on a simulator based on preliminary information. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I hope you can see why I don't take your word as gospel on this subject.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Your and my definitions/ interpretations of rare may also be different. Point is, Jolt/Jolt II is your default spell to use to proc Dualcast. Obviously if procs line up appropriately, you may be able to skip it and use a more potent spell, but you should not count on a random chance. Casting higher potency spells should be your goal but you can't control when the procs occur, so that's not really your focus it's simply pressing the right spell at the right time.

You'll also have to forgive me for being skeptical regarding your experience when the class hasn't even released yet and your experience is 5 minutes on a simulator based on preliminary information. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I hope you can see why I don't take your word as gospel on this subject.
    It's not my word, it's from the theorycrafting discord and their guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much that holds substance on a class yet released...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not sure how much that holds substance on a class yet released...
    That's irrelevant, they aren't gonna change the core gameplay of a class 15 days from releasing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's irrelevant, they aren't gonna change the core gameplay of a class 15 days from releasing the game.
    Considering the fuss about WHM and their changes and that the stuff we were shown as months old...

It's not my word, it's from the theorycrafting discord and their guide.
    I don't care who's word it is. My point is that I'm not about to take anyone's word as an authority on a class that hasn't even been released yet and hasn't been tested by the public and still has a chance for some things to be altered, as evidenced by WHM. Also, theorycrafting is all well and good, but half the time that stuff can fly out the window when you are actually in an actual fight.

Until such time that any of this information is verified through playing the class in actual content it's all just hearsay.

I read the first page where so many people are against lowering the GCD, since those were from 2016, did they actually decide to lower the GCD?

Also read a comment about people not knowing you can precast with 0.5s left or something like that, does the "precast" restart if you were to keep mashing the button or no? I definitely always mashed the keys but still didn't notice any improvement in the slowness or combat.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I read the first page where so many people are against lowering the GCD, since those were from 2016, did they actually decide to lower the GCD?

Also read a comment about people not knowing you can precast with 0.5s left or something like that, does the "precast" restart if you were to keep mashing the button or no? I definitely always mashed the keys but still didn't notice any improvement in the slowness or combat.
    Overall the GCD is not being lowered, it's still baseline 2.5 seconds. Certain classes have buffs that can reduce that.

The game server allows you to essentially queue up a spell for casting up to ~0.5 seconds you complete a previous cast, which then begins casting as soon as the system lets you cast. Their's no functional difference between hitting it 0.5 seconds early and hitting it right at 0, you'd begin casting at the same time, it's just a system functionality thing that provides a little bit of leeway. Mashing the button doesn't really do anything except guarantee you get the spell queued ensuring you don't have any downtime between casts and wear out the buttons on your input device (whatever that might be).

Example:
    3 back to back 2 second casts. Two scenarios.

1)
    Hit the button at 0, takes two seconds to cast
    Hit the button at 2.0 seconds and the spell is immediately cast
    Hit the button at 4.0 seconds and the spell is immediately cast
    Final spell ends casting at exactly 6.0 seconds

2) Hit the button at 0, takes two seconds to cast
    Hit the button at 1.5 seconds and the spell is queued and then cast at 2.0 seconds
    Hit the button at 3.5 seconds and the spell is queued and then cast at 4.0 seconds
    Final spell ends casting at exactly 6.0 seconds

There's still 2 seconds between each cast and the same total amount of time is used, you just got to queue the spell up a little early. There's no difference in performance or combat pace.

Personally, I'd love for a faster gcd, but I completely understand that it would probably be harder on gamepad users and whatnot. Luckily combat feels a bit "faster"/better once you get more off-gcd abilities, but what really bugs me is how those can feel clunky. They feel like they have their own hidden gcd or something. It's not like WoW where you can use multiple off-gcd abilities at the same time. Also, I really wish the macro system wasn't weird and had more options available - ie, when playing a healer, I would love to have WoW-like help/harm conditionals so I could save space on keybinds having my dps/heals on the same button. However, something like that wouldn't even matter due to the queue issues that exist when using macros with abilities in them.

so whats summoner like now? They removed a dot right?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    But they gave summoner Demi bahamut.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes only two dots, and no miasma II as well. Large nerf to bane, which was hideously strong to begin with, so we'll see how they end up on AoE given the dot setup + spread time sink. I heard contagion no longer increases dot duration but I haven't seen pet tool tips yet to confirm.

Proc chance to turn ruins into stronger ruins, somewhat like firestarter for blm I suppose. Tri-(despite two dots)-disaster now gives you a buff to ruin potency for a short time, and its CD is reset on trance. This should mean you hard cast dots significantly less. Moar ruin. Oh, shadow flare is instant but with a 60 second recast thus more ruins.

But mostly you stack while you stack and then some more stacks. Aetherflow stacks turn into aetherial attunement(sp?) stacks which let you drewadwyrm trance, which lets you death flare and death flare builds bahamut stacks so you can turn your current egi into bahamut. You cannot have bahamut out and trance at the same time, he does get his own personal enkindle which is legit called Akh Morn.

oh I might like summoner then, I really dislike that they turned it into the generic dot class and now they are leaning more towards summons
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.