Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Terrorism is a concern, but as I said earlier, human lives take top spot on the priority list. That includes risking that a terrorist may be saved. Because most of the times, they aren't. So, we're back to "punishing innocents for the deeds of unrelated others." And that's another thing we don't do in Europe. Another thing that makes us great.

I am in favour of improving the system, that's why I said short term improve sending them back. We can do that with little adjustments to existing legislation. Long term? Fuck those warlords up. Possibly even colonise those backwater countries. They've had their run of freedom and quite honestly, they're shit at it.
    Nope. These people aren't innocent from swiping time and resources from people actually doing it the proper way. Of course, that isn't a problem to people that think governments have infinite people, time, monies and land. Especially ones that use terrorism as an excuse for letting people in and then hypocritically complain about terrorism used as an excuse to keep people out.

Oh. And funnier. Lots of Europeans, and people from those countries that call westerners scum until they need them, blamed the west playing 3d chess out there caused this issue. That's an extra layer of hypocrite going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, is there a single country on this planet that doesn't create moronic laws? Discriminate against people based on what transport they arrive on - that's almost like "the wall" in the degree of stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They could probably start by thinking about which direction to tow vessels full of migrants in the Mediterranean. Now, I'm not a qualified actual solution seeker, but from a distance, that body of water looks like it could pose a formidable obstacle to migrants given a different set of policies.
    Given that the migrants primary reason for going to europe is not to work (this is not me saying they are lazy, just that its not like Hispanics in the US) but rather live of the EU taxpayer, they dont even need to watch the shoreline, just void any social payments to anyone who didnt come here as a UNHCR quota refugee.
    If there is no pot of gold on the other side of the fence, people wont try to jump the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Nope. These people aren't innocent from swiping time and resources from people actually doing it the proper way. Of course, that isn't a problem to people that think governments have infinite people, time, monies and land. Especially ones that use terrorism as an excuse for letting people in and then hypocritically complain about terrorism used as an excuse to keep people out.

Oh. And funnier. Lots of Europeans, and people from those countries that call westerners scum until they need them, blamed the west playing 3d chess out there caused this issue. That's an extra layer of hypocrite going on.
    *sigh* They're pretty much innocent when you compare them to ACTUAL IS TERRORISTS. You need to adjust your perspective a little bit, you currently do not display much motivation to differentiate and see things in context. Even if they waste everyone's time, that's what stupid people do all the time. It's the whole reason things like Governments exist, to regulate people's mob stupidity.

As for the hypocrisy regarding that chess game? Much of Europe, especially France and Germany had no interest in going into Iraq. You can blame the US for that. And England, although they were sucking on the US' tit so hard, I wouldn't give them full responsibility. They were drunk on the glow of American awesomeness. And nothing's as excuseable as a pissed Brit. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I saw a documentary on the conditions of the camps that the Aussies put these HUMANS in. No, I wouldn't say that my EU country should learn from Australia.
    Do you know how many people die on the Mediterranean?
    Know how many people die trying to reach Australia?
    Hint, the first is a four digit number, the second is a single digit number, that often is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Given that the migrants primary reason for going to europe is not to work (this is not me saying they are lazy, just that its not like Hispanics in the US) but rather live of the EU taxpayer, they dont even need to watch the shoreline, just void any social payments to anyone who didnt come here as a UNHCR quota refugee.
    If there is no pot of gold on the other side of the fence, people wont try to jump the fence.
    That'd just motivate them to take the criminal route. They don't care about Europe or our laws. They expect to be expelled anyway, why would they care about our rules without an incentive?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    I gathered that Oz doesn't really want asylum seekers in general. Isn't that the point of this thread? As for the climate, Australian climate is awesome. At least in NSW.
    Oz in politics and the media has a lot of bad rhetoric flung around regarding this issue just as Europe does right now with the migration crisis. We have an extremely disproportionately small number of people seeking asylum compared to pretty much any western country yet opponents trump it up to make it sound like we're being overrun. Our current ruling party is also a coalition of a number of right wing parties including some very very conservative politicians, so a lot of this rhetoric even comes from the top level.

For the most part, Australian's opinions will be different depending on which part of what state they're from. Inner city people are quite welcoming, suburbia is either love it or hate it, and regional people will largely depend on the town in question.

Also, there's a reason why most people live in NSW or VIC, the climate is far more palatable there for the most part, even if Melbourne can sometimes put you through 4 seasons in a single day. I'm from further up north where you spend a much longer part of the year in a muggy humid summer.

The world should start taking idiocy cures seriously and fix third world countries. Not just send money to easy the conscience, but actually fix them. I am all in favour of re-colonisation, I've decided that today. Colonies like the US, Canada and heck, even India can stay where they are, they've not totally fucked up their shot at independence, but pretty much all of Africa needs to be ruled by Europe again. :P
    While I agree that the power vacuum left after the Europeans gave those countries back to the natives caused many never ending spirals of shit, I don't think that us westerners barging our way back in would really fix anything.

Deleted
    So send all the children of the world to Australia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Oh the irony.
    I hope there's no typo that means the retrospective date is set to 19 July 1813. How embarrassing would it be to send everyone except the actual natives home?

*sigh* They're pretty much innocent when you compare them to ACTUAL IS TERRORISTS. You need to adjust your perspective a little bit, you currently do not display much motivation to differentiate and see things in context. Even if they waste everyone's time, that's what stupid people do all the time. It's the whole reason things like Governments exist, to regulate people's mob stupidity.

As for the hypocrisy regarding that chess game? Much of Europe, especially France and Germany had no interest in going into Iraq. You can blame the US for that. And England, although they were sucking on the US' tit so hard, I wouldn't give them full responsibility. They were drunk on the glow of American awesomeness. And nothing's as excuseable as a pissed Brit. :P
    "They're not terrorists. So that means you must take them in." Good thing any lying idiot can claim that. Like the children with full beards.

And how funny you immediately call interventionalism bad when I pointed out it helped lead to this shit after that "Kill the Warlords" shit, Bush Jr.

Deleted
    That'd just motivate them to take the criminal route. They don't care about Europe or our laws. They expect to be expelled anyway, why would they care about our rules without an incentive?
    Then the problem has no solution, and we need to end the welfare state and beef up the police anyway.
    You cannot have a welfare state and loose borders.
    It does not work.

They didn't obey the law anyway, by illegaly entering the country by dodging the border.

If they won't obey THAT set of laws, why would they obey any laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    While I agree that the power vacuum left after the Europeans gave those countries back to the natives caused many never ending spirals of shit, I don't think that us westerners barging our way back in would really fix anything.
    Perhaps not for them, but that's not the point anyway.

Also, we all know we're better at being civilised. Heck, we even made prisoners into a proper country as you well know! :P

Deleted
    *sigh* They're pretty much innocent when you compare them to ACTUAL IS TERRORISTS.
    Actually they are.
    People in UNHCR refugee camps, are all refugees, and are starving because the west cut their funding.
    Why you may ask? - Paying for the less than 1% who made it here, who are not all refugees.
    Every single one of them should be deported immediately, and all that money be sent to the UNHCR - And i do not care if upon arrival back in the 'home' country every single one of those people are murdered by their government - Not because i'm a heartless bastard, but because i prioritize helping the 99% over the 1%.

"They're not terrorists. So that means you must take them in." Good thing any lying idiot can claim that. Like the children with full beards.

And how funny you immediately call interventionalism bad when I pointed out it helped lead to this shit after that "Kill the Warlords" shit, Bush Jr.
    You need to lighten up, dude. This topic has been debated to death on this forum, time to not talk about it as seriously as before and make fun of it. Because otherwise I'd have to tell you in no uncertain terms what I think about your idea of everyone being a terrorist think. You wouldn't like it and I'd get an infraction. So... truce? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I hope there's no typo that means the retrospective date is set to 19 July 1813. How embarrassing would it be to send everyone except the actual natives home?
    Even those natives have arrived there by boats. So, only birds and native animals are allowed to stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Then the problem has no solution, and we need to end the welfare state and beef up the police anyway.
    You cannot have a welfare state and loose borders.
    It does not work.
    I agree. Strong borders can be done with a more strict return policy. Our biggest problem is not how tight the borders are. We can close them rather effectively. The problem is that we can't just close the door on the mediterranean. There is no door. And we're really inefficient at processing them and sending them back. Ironically, I think part of the reason for that is because we don't budget the processing enough, because it'd be a sign that we're officially tolerating their behaviour. So because we think we're right, they should respect that and not come here in the first place. Unfortunately, that's not a really good strategy.

You need to lighten up, dude. This topic has been debated to death on this forum, time to not talk about it as seriously as before and make fun of it. Because otherwise I'd have to tell you in no uncertain terms what I think about your idea of everyone being a terrorist think. You wouldn't like it and I'd get an infraction. So... truce? :P
    You already called me a Nazi for disagreeing with the premise of saving line jumpers and smugglers. Why not go deeper since I called you out for supporting the actions that helped cause this shit?

Here. Answer this. What's happening in Morocco that they have refugees? The amount of people pretending to be running from something is astounding and a good show why blindly accept everyone is just bad.

You already called me a Nazi for disagreeing with the premise of saving line jumpers and smugglers. Why not go deeper since I called you out for supporting the actions that helped cause this shit?

Here. Answer this. What's happening in Morocco that they have refugees? The amount of people pretending to be running from something is astounding and a good show why blindly accept everyone is just bad.
    What? Are you mad? Read my post again. Properly, this time. I didn't call you a nazi, I made a nazi joke. I know it's forbidden for Germans to make nazi jokes, but fuck that. Sheesh.. is that why you're so cranky? :P

I can tell you why they're fleeing from Morocco, because like most African ex-colonies, Morocco is a shithole in comparison to Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they are.
    People in UNHCR refugee camps, are all refugees, and are starving because the west cut their funding.
    Why you may ask? - Paying for the less than 1% who made it here, who are not all refugees.
    Every single one of them should be deported immediately, and all that money be sent to the UNHCR - And i do not care if upon arrival back in the 'home' country every single one of those people are murdered by their government - Not because i'm a heartless bastard, but because i prioritize helping the 99% over the 1%.
    That... doesn't make the individual a terrorist. It makes the individual a desperate person doing something illegal, but hardly a person that wants to cause TERROR. Hence the name terrorist, btw.

What? Are you mad? Read my post again. Properly, this time. I didn't call you a nazi, I made a nazi joke. I know it's forbidden for Germans to make nazi jokes, but fuck that. Sheesh.. is that why you're so cranky? :P

I can tell you why they're fleeing from Morocco, because like most African ex-colonies, Morocco is a shithole in comparison to Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

That... doesn't make the individual a terrorist. It makes the individual a desperate person doing something illegal, but hardly a person that wants to cause TERROR. Hence the name terrorist, btw.
    Then you need to let the entirety of Eastern Europe into the west if Morocco is bad enough that people will actually call themselves refugees.

Now, go on. Say what you want to say because I'm Doubtful of people that pretend ignoring smugglers is fine and that they are actually or deportation after that "Human kindness" nonsense while talking about starting a new Iraq war.