Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arms Warrior Hidden Artifact Appearance, Talon's Vengeance Faction Unlocked, Tweets

Hearthstone World Championships Group Stage Day 5

Arms Warrior Hidden Artifact Appearance
    The Arms Warrior hidden artifact appearance has been hotfixed in for US servers.

Talon's Vengeance Faction Unlocked
    AlopexGames shared how to unlocked the Talon's Vengeance faction:

• Start the Falcosaur quest line and progress far enough to unlock a mount.
    • Talk to Aviana in Highmountain to unlock the vendor so you can start grinding reputation.
    • The Ivory Hawkstrider requires Exalted with Talon's Vengeance, sold by Trinket in Highmountain for 10,000.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Reputation / Questing
    The Falcosaurus quests are on a daily gate or a weekly gate? Or there is something more to get the other quests to pop up?
    daily (Muffinus)
    to be on the same page, we are talking about the quests after getting the hatchling and leveling it to 25.
    yesm (Muffinus)

what do we do when the day comes our falcosaur finds out we're the ones who killed his mother and orphaned him in the first place?
    The end of the questline will answer that (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Can you tell me difference between balancing a moba compared to an MMORPG
    Interesting question. They aren't that different from a high level. In both games, you want for players to be able to pick the character they want to play without worrying that poor tuning on the part of the devs makes their choice sub-optimal. Frustration is "what bad looks like" in both games. That's the main feeling you are trying to prevent.

Here are some random musings off the top of my head. I haven't done a really robust analysis of the similarities and differences.

Burst damage (how much damage can be squeezed into a small time frame) is an important consideration in both genres.

Sustained damage is more important in an MMO, especially in PvE. In PvP in either genre, you rarely have time to deliver on sustained damage for very long. (When LoL players talk about sustained damage, their time frame is still nothing like a WoW boss fight.) Sustained damage is also a lot easier to simulate than burst damage, since tiny changes in the variables of the burst situation can have massive effects.

Movement and positioning are more important in the MOBA. They are important in the MMO, especially in PvP, just less so.

Rotations are more important in the MMO, since sustain is more important. As a corollary, minimizing down time (even fractions of a second) is really important in an MMO for sustain, which leads to the inclination to try and automate or script.

Crowd control is really important to tune well in both the MOBA and the PvP part of the MMO. CC for PvE isn't a big deal to tune.

Things like cooldowns and resource management are about equally important in both genres.

Scaling is easier to balance for a MOBA, because you know what the max level character with best gear looks like. In an MMO you are often designing around guesses for what gear and scaling may look like years from now.

A lot of MMO rewards are designed around rarity. You might create a best in slot weapon, but very few players may be able to achieve it. Everyone can generally get anything they want (excepting purely cosmetic items) in a MOBA.

Class tuning is a really big deal for the MMO because players have so much time invested in that character. Plenty of MOBA players have mains too, but they still arguably lose less if that character is rendered temporarily unviable. In an MMO, you may be preventing someone from being able to raid or PvP if you nerf their dude. In the MOBA, they may be understandably grumpy about it, but they can usually just play another character.

The player experience in PvE in the MMO is more about paying attention to external cues while trying to maximize throughput. Things like clarity (understanding what is going on) are slightly less important because much of what you are doing is rote after many trials, and you probably have fewer split-second decisions. In the MOBA, you almost never encounter the exact same team fight twice, so being able to read the situation, analyze, and make a decision quickly become really important. (Source)
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-10-30 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    haHAA let's hotfix warrior stuff 2months after release again haHAA

So they FINALLY hotfixed the Warrior Hidden appearance.... wonder when they're going to hotfix the Frost DK appearance too?

easiest artifact to get eh?

Deleted
    The Ivory Hawkstrider requires Exalted with Talon's Vengeance, sold by Trinket in Highmountain for 10,000.

Looks identical to http://www.wowhead.com/item=35513/sw...te-hawkstrider :\

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The Ivory Hawkstrider requires Exalted with Talon's Vengeance, sold by Trinket in Highmountain for 10,000.

Looks identical to http://www.wowhead.com/item=35513/sw...te-hawkstrider :\
    It doesn't have any armor on. I like the Ivory one more.

"No no, we swear, all of the hidden artifact appearances are definitely accessible and working as intended on Live"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It doesn't have any armor on. I like the Ivory one more.
    Chest armor. Feet armor it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    haHAA let's hotfix warrior stuff 2months after release again haHAA
    i dont know if that's already been asked but is your avatar from fatalpulse?
    i mean, not that i'd know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthraax View Post
    So they FINALLY hotfixed the Warrior Hidden appearance.... wonder when they're going to hotfix the Frost DK appearance too?
    Probaly never since there's people with it

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Yeah and they have most likely gotten it through the exploit that allows you to equip other Hidden Appearances if you've got one for a different spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    easiest artifact to get eh?
    BM hunters just have to buy theirs from the engineer shop in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by fattbeard View Post
    BM hunters just have to buy theirs from the engineer shop in Dalaran.
    MM hunter is also on a vendor, it's just slightly gated behind rep.

What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, my Druid is logging in for a one chance a day screech, that hasn't happened in over 26 days.

they "hotfix" it sure ... they did'nt add an option to have it, not at all ;p

you'll see that they will "hotfix" the dk frost one too;p

- - - Updated - - -

its a bug, the real thing will be green

Deleted
    no, people have the bugged versions, so far no one has the legit frost DK haa

and us frost dks are just going to sit at the kiddie's table until they acknowledge us about our HAA

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDidymus View Post
    and us frost dks are just going to sit at the kiddie's table until they acknowledge us about our HAA
    dont wory, they will "hotfix" too when suddenly a npc will give another option to talk to, blizzard will tell that was a bug i think ;p

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDidymus View Post
    What if its a drop off of a world boss that hasnt spawned yet. I mean it might not be, you could easily be in the same boat as warriors, but nobody found the HAA on beta, so nobody knows what it drops off of.