Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm here because a duck pelted me with rocks until I agreed to listen to it.

Sign me up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    ....Pation?
    Beat me to it.

Happy to see some familiar faces showing up recently. Maybe more pings needed.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Pation?
    insufficient time for proper anticipation. 0/10. You fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    /wants to comfort Allowyn but doesn't know how, I know diddly-squat about tech support except how to turn off and on a computer.
    I appreciate it. My boyf is all computer amaze and can't figure it out. And he built my guild's amazing website.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Allowyn: tried a different browser?
    Yeap, reinstalled everything, updated everything, tried browsers, etc. Couldn't even log on yesterday at all. Only saw anything through my work. It's only happened since Win10 upgrade UGH

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    insufficient time for proper anticipation. 0/10. You fail.
    It's duck hunting season here in Minnesota. So don't provoke me. Pew pew. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's duck hunting season here in Minnesota. So don't provoke me. Pew pew. Lol
    Kill the duck, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    I appreciate it. My boyf is all computer amaze and can't figure it out. And he built my guild's amazing website.

Yeap, reinstalled everything, updated everything, tried browsers, etc. Couldn't even log on yesterday at all. Only saw anything through my work. It's only happened since Win10 upgrade UGH
    Have you tried connecting to mmo-champions on your home network, using another device, like f.ex your phone?
    (Note: this is a bit scary, mmo-champion is overflowing with 3rd party mobile hijacking ads).

To be honest, I think this might be a network issue.
    This will be a bit technical. But this is how I debug those:

--

Try opening up a shell (start menu -> type 'cmd').

In the shell, you have two main network analysis tools at your disposal.
    Whenever you feel you cannot access mmo-champion, do one of the two following.

Code:
     ping -n 1000 www.mmo-champion.com
    This command will continuously send a "hello" message to the mmo-champion webserver. The server will say "hello" in return, and ping measures the time it takes for the roundtrip. (the command will repeat this 1000 times, so cancel it with CTRL-C when you feel done - it's not polite to hammer a server repeatedly for no reason). When I run it, it looks something like this:

Code:
    Pinging mmo-champion.com [104.16.108.83] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 104.16.108.83: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57
    Reply from 104.16.108.83: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57
    Reply from 104.16.108.83: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=57
    Reply from 104.16.108.83: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 104.16.108.83:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 14ms
    Control-C
    ^C
    The average time for me to connect to mmo-champion (and get a reply back) is thus about 14 ms, and most importantly, I have no packet loss (all my hello-messages came through). If you find that, when you have issues connecting to mmo-champion, that you have packet loss, that's your issue right there. Contact the ISP and give them this log from Ping. They should be able to figure it out from there.

The other tool of interest is traceroute. It looks at all servers you connect to along the way to reach f.ex mmo-champion. Where ping will tell you the time it takes to reach your destination, traceroute will tell you how long each hop along the way takes. The command is

Code:
     tracert www.mmo-champion.com
    My log from this command looks like this

Code:
    Tracing route to mmo-champion.com [104.16.108.83]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2     6 ms     6 ms     7 ms  *
      3     6 ms     7 ms     6 ms  ti0006a400-xe1-1-0.ti.telenor.net [193.212.176.125]
      4    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  ti0005c400-ae4-0.ti.telenor.net [146.172.102.57]
      5    14 ms    14 ms    13 ms  ti0001c360-ae77-0.ti.telenor.net [146.172.98.197]
      6    16 ms    15 ms    17 ms  ti0300b400-ae1-0.ti.telenor.net [146.172.105.50]
      7    16 ms    13 ms    16 ms  193.156.90.41
      8    15 ms    14 ms    14 ms  104.16.108.83

Trace complete.
    The first line here (192.168.1.1) is my router. The next one is a server owned by my ISP.

After that, I'm redirected through some servers owned by telenor (the major telecompany in norway - they own a lot of the backbone in this country). Nothing really interesting here. These serveres just takes me down to Oslo, Norway.

Server #7 on my way is owned by a company called Uninett in Oslo (you can look this up in https://www.iplocation.net/), before I hit mmo-champion directly (server #8). Note I didn't have to leave my country to get to this website - traceroute claims the mmo-champions.com server is actually one step away from the uninett server, somewhere in Oslo. Clearly that's not right?

It is actually. Big sites like mmo-champion use cloudflare which does things like this to protect them against ddos attacks and reduce BW costs. Part of that is distributing the sites around to smaller servers. Unfortunately, it means that the website I hit when writing a forumpost (the actual server), and the website I hit when hitting the front page (the cloudflare mirror) isn't necessarily the same server. Ping and traceroute definitively hit the cloudflare mirror. So if you feel you can access the front page, but not the forums, then you have an issue with cloudflare. Maybe they have blacklisted your IP or something? Either way something your ISP can figure out for you.

The point of this tool is, you can see how far you get before you get to the lost connection. Had I gotten to server 4 just fine, but server 5 times out or takes 20 seconds to reply, then I know my network issue resides between server 4 and 5. You can use this to identify where in the world someone just cut a cable or which server is the bottleneck. Sometimes, when your internet is slow, the traceroute will show you that your internet is being redirected through Murmansk, Russia. It happens
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Game will be starting on Wednesday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    pation
    Much better pause, it allowed for proper anticipation to build. Your skill far outclasses Kryllian's, he should try to learn from you.
    Last edited by Robozerim; 2016-11-06 at 09:55 PM.

Too late for a sign up?

No you're fine babe

Deleted
    sign me up please

Sign me up...

Would have posted sooner but was a bit busy with Blizzcon XD

Ohhhhhh good

10+ Year Old Account
    Still open? Because ima totally play if y'all'll have me back.

I work funny schedules so that means I will post funny and won't be as loud as I used to be. I won't be awol, but I won't be spammy ever again. </3

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

I work funny schedules so that means I will post funny and won't be as loud as I used to be. I won't be awol, but I won't be spammy ever again. </3
    DECAGON!

This is not bloody sign-up post. I'm moving in the next week >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

Welcome back bebe gurl.

So many people are back! Hi Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    DECAGON!

This is not bloody sign-up post. I'm moving in the next week >.>
    Congrats?

It's great to see some familiar faces returning! I'm very pleased!