Deleted

Arms - completely lost.

My warrior alt is ilvl840 and today in EN I saw another arms with about 20ilvl difference being no 1-2 on the meters when I was 9th or so. I just cannot understand the playstyle of FR. Would anyone who this spec works for at least propose a different rotation than what I see online? There's a few and it's confusing.

FR is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It's also, in a strange way, comparable to how Fury plays, with different timings.

Opener: Charge -> FR (while charging) -> CSmash -> FR -> FR (or Slam+FR, but unlikely to have the rage for both) -> Battle Cry -> 3xFR Mortal Strike -> Slam/FR spam for the duration, hoping CSmsash resets to dump a SD Mortal Strike.

Easy general rotation: 3x FR -> Slam dump until Colossus Smash resets (to proc Shattered Defenses). You never clip Shattered Defenses with a second reset. You always burn them with Mortal Strike or Execute before using Colossus Smash again. Your target should always have Colossus Smash, so if you have the shitty legendary pants you can apply it more often. You can also apply Shattered Defenses with Warbreaker, but it's a long cooldown.

Practice on the dummy starting slow. You can find some great YouTube tutorials breaking it down and demonstrating it slowly (before going to full speed--they helped me, too). It's not complicated to learn and really falls down to comfortable bindings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    FR is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It's also, in a strange way, comparable to how Fury plays, with different timings.

Opener: Charge -> FR (while charging) -> CSmash -> FR -> FR (or Slam+FR, but unlikely to have the rage for both) -> Battle Cry -> 3xFR Mortal Strike -> Slam/FR spam for the duration, hoping CSmsash resets to dump a SD Mortal Strike.

Easy general rotation: 3x FR -> Slam dump until Colossus Smash resets (to proc Shattered Defenses). You never clip Shattered Defenses with a second reset. You always burn them with Mortal Strike or Execute before using Colossus Smash again. Your target should always have Colossus Smash, so if you have the shitty legendary pants you can apply it more often. You can also apply Shattered Defenses with Warbreaker, but it's a long cooldown.

Practice on the dummy starting slow. You can find some great YouTube tutorials breaking it down and demonstrating it slowly (before going to full speed--they helped me, too). It's not complicated to learn and really falls down to comfortable bindings.
    Thanks for your reply! I'm trying to use FR as much as I can but theres long periods of where I can slam but can't MS and been told only to slam during 3X FR, Even without FR during circumstances is it wise to keep casting slam? Also Avatar>Rend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this vid any good? Looking into FR now that it seems not to be going anywhere:

He makes it sound like:

1: When you get a CS proc (and therefore a SD proc), get at least 2 stacks of FR (3 if you're saturated) and pop that MS.
    2: MS on CD regardless if you've got CS on the target or not.
    3: Slam, but don't starve yourself in-case of a CS proc.

Is...that right? I've been playing a 1-3-3-2-2-2-2 since Legion launch and have been sustaining 220-250 on the dummy, bursting beyond 400K with good CS procs. Armory's in my sig.

I've tried FR a few times, nut I just can't seem to figure it out. It's weird not to do something every GCD, and I hate hate HATE starving myself, it's a big reason why I liked Fury so much. No VR for world content turned me off the spec entirely though, so here I am trying to make Arms work.

- - - Updated - - -

So I've messed around with FR a bit more, and what I'm stuck on is how to not starve myself/what to do when MS is on CD and I don't have a CS proc.

If I FR to 3 and spam Slam, I'll be at 0 rage in no time, sometimes having to wait for a white swing before I can MS, adding delays. No good! On the other hand, if I just spam FR to 3...well, I'm not doing anything. Not filling GCDs feels so counter intuitive.

What do I do when I'm waiting for MS to come off CD? Sometimes it's like 6 GCDs before it's back if I'm not getting Tactician procs. I starve myself every time because I feel like I need to press something.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-11-01 at 05:39 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Please just refer to 'The Arms Compendium', there is a thread with a link to it in these forums. It tells you everything you need to know about playing arms in the current expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post

Thats not even right

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    My warrior alt is ilvl840 and today in EN I saw another arms with about 20ilvl difference being no 1-2 on the meters when I was 9th or so. I just cannot understand the playstyle of FR. Would anyone who this spec works for at least propose a different rotation than what I see online? There's a few and it's confusing.
    Also 20 iLvl difference is HUGE!
    They probably have high iLvl on their weapon and that makes a difference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitos View Post
    Also 20 iLvl difference is HUGE!
    They probably have high iLvl on their weapon and that makes a difference as well.
    Especially because 20 ilvl could equate to 1-2 Legendaries... possibly Ring+Gloves, etc.