Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    "Future proofing" as you're putting is it planning for a technology that isn't fully developed or tested in real world uses. There is a extreme lack of dx12 games and even bigger lack of actual tests with multi gpu using asynchronous compute. And how is it not cheaper to buy a 500W power supply and instead buy in example a 1070 which will run pretty much everything at 1080P on ultra settings. We're not talking about someone who's going to be running Witcher 3 at 4k on ultra settings, if you had the money to blow on that he'd just get 2 1080s and be golden.

Also there's no strip down and rebuild your PC to change out a GPU in the future. And we don't even know where asynchronous compute will be in 2 years we know so little about it and what games will support it and if it will even be worth it. Also "Futureproofing" is nearly impossible for PCs currently. Technology is evolving too quickly too "future proof" multiple years in the future and that's what you're talking about doing. In 2 years we'll have new Nvidia GPU's and it'll probably be cheaper and a better investment to just upgrade back into a single card.

If we get more solid information on performance numbers then I'll bite but for now I can't recommend planning for it to be your next upgrade.
    That's cool. I never said you had to strip down your PC to change the GPU.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...6GB/3609vs3639 £150 difference between the 1060-1070
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/...ly-100b10500kr £50 for 500W
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/...ly-100b10600kr £62 for 600W

So yeah it is much cheaper to get a better PSU now and leave your options open for the future.

Deleted
    Okay, guys, thanks so much for all the support. I have finalized my build. I decided to buy 600W because it's quite cheap. I combined some of the things everyone suggested. I came up with such build which will be around 1k euro. I don't need HDD because I can use my old one for some time.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€260)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (€35)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, Z170, DualDDR4-2133, SATA3, SATAe, HDMI, DVI, D-Sub, ATX (€120)
    Memory: KINGSTON MEMORY DIMM 4GB PC21300 DDR4/SAVAGE HX426C13SB2/4 KINGSTON (2x€30)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Serial ATA III 275 GB, SSD form factor 2.5" (€75)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC, 6144 MB GDDR5 (€295)
    Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (€33)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX Series™ CX600 - 600 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified (CP-9020048-EU) (€76)
    Other: Arctic Silver® 5 Termopasta - 3,5 g (€12)
    Total: €966

Is that build okay? I'm wondering if all parts are good enough for MOBO?
    Last edited by mmoce3553ea622; 2016-11-01 at 12:27 PM. Reason: fixed mistake

Deleted
    Looks fine. If you plan to over clock the CPU i would recommend getting a better CPU cooler though. You can get some decent/cheap AiO water coolers these days.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/...r-rls12v24pkr2 for example.

Deleted
    Don't go for that PSU. It is crap.

Look for either the CX550m or if you want a bit more get the CX650m. The ones I suggested should be the new 2016 versions (double check with the seller if you want to be sure), these are a lot better than the old versions. The one you linked is one of these older versions.

Other than that it looks good, just a note. You don't need to buy extra thermal paste, the cooler comes with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Looks fine. If you plan to over clock the CPU i would recommend getting a better CPU cooler though. You can get some decent/cheap AiO water coolers these days.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/...r-rls12v24pkr2 for example.
    Don't listen to this guy. The 212 EVO performs similarly to that cheap AiO with only a 120mm rad.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-...p-and-Temperat

On a decently OCed 4770k we are seeing a difference of only 3C at idle and 2C under load.

If you are going to go for an AiO, at least get a 240mm rad, or better yet, go custom loop so you can also cool your GPU. Otherwise, better to stick to just air IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Don't listen to this guy. The 212 EVO performs similarly to that cheap AiO with only a 120mm rad.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-...p-and-Temperat

On a decently OCed 4770k we are seeing a difference of only 3C at idle and 2C under load.

If you are going to go for an AiO, at least get a 240mm rad, or better yet, go custom loop so you can also cool your GPU. Otherwise, better to stick to just air IMO.
    Don't listen to this guy as he is clearly insane.

A cheap AiO is as good as air and cost the same so why not go for it? You don't need to go 240mm at all and AiO blocks allow for more choice of ram as it eliminates over hang, also not that it's an issue with that particular air cooler but it puts less stress on your motherboard generally.

Also @Lathais i found that CPU cooler after about 3 seconds of searching, the OP could find one for the same price and better if he looked longer than i did.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1131227/review

Don't listen to this guy as he is clearly insane.

A cheap AiO is as good as air and cost the same so why not go for it? You don't need to go 240mm at all and AiO blocks allow for more choice of ram as it eliminates over hang, also not that it's an issue with that particular air cooler but it puts less stress on your motherboard generally.

Also @Lathais i found that CPU cooler after about 3 seconds of searching, the OP could find one for the same price and better if he looked longer than i did.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1131227/review
    It is more expensive then the AiO for the same amount of cooling. I seriously doubt you will find a AiO cooler cheaper than the 212 EVO or something like the lower end Cryorigs or the be quiet!s. They simply perform the same for less and are usually quieter while doing so since you don't have a pump in addition to fans blowing air through tiny radiator holes. They make low profile RAM for a reason and you can always use the further away slots. Most good air coolers are designed to allow for RAM underneath them anyway. I know my Noctua NH-D14 is just about one of the biggest air coolers there is and my RAM, which is not low profile, it just doesn't have huge fins, fits under it just fine. It's also one of the heavier ones and I have used it personally on 2 different motherboards(current and older one) and my friend has it on yet a different one. We all travel with our PCs in cars over speedbumps and have not seen even the slightest sign of wear on the motherboard. The motherboards are designed to handle this stress and is the stress is too much then they have these neat things called mounting brackets that come with the cooler that relieve that stress.

In other words, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Deleted
    It is more expensive then the AiO for the same amount of cooling. I seriously doubt you will find a AiO cooler cheaper than the 212 EVO or something like the lower end Cryorigs or the be quiet!s. They simply perform the same for less and are usually quieter while doing so since you don't have a pump in addition to fans blowing air through tiny radiator holes. They make low profile RAM for a reason and you can always use the further away slots. Most good air coolers are designed to allow for RAM underneath them anyway. I know my Noctua NH-D14 is just about one of the biggest air coolers there is and my RAM, which is not low profile, it just doesn't have huge fins, fits under it just fine. It's also one of the heavier ones and I have used it personally on 2 different motherboards(current and older one) and my friend has it on yet a different one. We all travel with our PCs in cars over speedbumps and have not seen even the slightest sign of wear on the motherboard. The motherboards are designed to handle this stress and is the stress is too much then they have these nest things called mounting brackets that relieve that stress.

In your limited opinion.

I used to run https://www.scan.co.uk/products/ther...140mm-silent-t so i know a thing or two about large air cooling Vs small AiO.

I'm sure i can make up some BS story that tries to exactly validate my argument but i don't need to. Even with backplates large coolers put unneeded stress on motherboard. Yeah nothing may ever come of this but why risk it? As for low profile ram, maybe there was a certain look OP was going for so low profile wouldn't do or maybe he wanted to ya'know use all his ram slots.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...er-Seidon-120V

Just because i don't agree with you doesn't mean i have no idea what i'm talking about just means you think to highly of yourself.

In your limited opinion.
    In my objective opinion based on facts.

I'm sure i can make up some BS story that tries to exactly validate my argument but i don't need to. Even with backplates large coolers put unneeded stress on motherboard. Yeah nothing may ever come of this but why risk it?
    What risk? There is no risk?

As for low profile ram, maybe there was a certain look OP was going for so low profile wouldn't do or maybe he wanted to ya'know use all his ram slots.
    you can still use all your RAM slots. Again, most of the good air coolers can fir regular sized RAM under them as long as it is not the kind with the big ugly fins. Now, if there is a certain look you are going for, and are willing to spend more for it, that's about the only valid reason I can think of for an AiO cooler.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...er-Seidon-120V

Just because i don't agree with you doesn't mean i have no idea what i'm talking about just means you think to highly of yourself.
    Some random guy on a forum. Actually though, he says the same thing I do. They perform about the same and it comes down to personal preference. So I guess we should ask the OP what he prefers, cheaper with less maintenance or more expensive with the chance of leaks and pump failure along with more noise. Unless he really really cares about looks, the cheaper option that makes less noise and requires less maintenance is obviously the clear winner.

Deleted
    Your personal opinion.

There is risk minimal or not it's still there.

Big ugly fins? More personal opinion.

You're a random guy on a forum so if he should ignore the post i linked about a guy who actually has compared both coolers next to your once again personal opinion then he should ignore you as well. He also states the 212 is louder so... You mention leaks in the AiO and the cost but suggest going for a custom cooling loop?

Maintenance on both are the same. Air has fan and heatsink as does the AiO. Yes the pump can fail but so can the fan on an air cooler. I personally would go for a mid range or higher AiO as my personal opinion after using both air and AiO for years OC'ing to high levels on both.

You haven't blocked him yet?

He literally hasn't been correct about anything he's posted.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2016-11-01 at 09:05 PM.

Your personal opinion.

There is risk minimal or not it's still there.

Big ugly fins? More personal opinion.

You're a random guy on a forum so if he should ignore the post i linked about a guy who actually has compared both coolers next to your once again personal opinion then he should ignore you as well. He also states the 212 is louder so... You mention leaks in the AiO and the cost but suggest going for a custom cooling loop?

Maintenance on both are the same. Air has fan and heatsink as does the AiO. Yes the pump can fail but so can the fan on an air cooler. I personally would go for a mid range or higher AiO as my personal opinion after using both air and AiO for years OC'ing to high levels on both.
    Yeah, the big ugly fins is an opinion. The rest is FACT and I even showed benchmarks to prove it. You then linked so a forum poster who did his own benchmark that proved my point exactly and are still saying they are better.

How you can sit there and say maintenance is the same though is beyond me. It is a fact that maintenance on a water cooler is more than maintenance on an air cooler. On an air cooler, you clean it with a can of air and the only thing that can go wrong is the fan. On a water cooler you have the same thing plus a pump that can fail and hoses that can leak. They can also lose fluid over time due to evaporation and need to be refilled. When a pump goes out, especially if it's an AiO, it's a lot harder to replace than simply putting a new fan on it. Maintenance on water coolers is clearly more than maintenance on air coolers. No opinion about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Exactly. So why would I block him. If I just block him, he will continue giving people bad advice that they may take. Besides, I thought you ignored me a while back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Care to prove me wrong with hard evidence about everything i'm wrong about not just your opinion?

Yeah, the big ugly fins is an opinion. The rest is FACT and I even showed benchmarks to prove it. You then linked so a forum poster who did his own benchmark that proved my point exactly and are still saying they are better.

How you can sit there and say maintenance is the same though is beyond me. It is a fact that maintenance on a water cooler is more than maintenance on an air cooler. On an air cooler, you clean it with a can of air and the only thing that can go wrong is the fan. On a water cooler you have the same thing plus a pump that can fail and hoses that can leak. They can also lose fluid over time due to evaporation and need to be refilled. When a pump goes out, especially if it's an AiO, it's a lot harder to replace than simply putting a new fan on it. Maintenance on water coolers is clearly more than maintenance on air coolers. No opinion about it.
    Er... AiO means all in one. It's a sealed unit. There is no evaporation. The maintenance is the same, you clear it out with compressed air. Again it's ALL IN ONE so if it did leak there's nothing to maintain you just replace the unit. Are you sure you're not confusing AiO with custom water cooling where you do replace each individual piece?

Also that forum post i linked you first agreed that the guy said it was basically personal preference now you're saying he said the one you suggested is better which is a lie.

So for the most part the 120V is marginally better. But with the prices more or less comes down to personal preferance between water and air in my opinion. Both have pros and cons.

You're wrong, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the personal attacks and snide commenting. You are here to help someone, not to get in pissing contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik;43067572Er... AiO means all in one. It's a sealed unit. There is no evaporation. The maintenance is the same, you clear it out with compressed air. Again it's ALL IN ONE so if it did leak there's nothing to maintain you just replace the unit. Are you sure you're not confusing AiO with custom water cooling where you do replace each individual piece?

Also that forum post i linked you first agreed that the guy said it was basically personal preference now you're saying he said the one you suggested is better which is a lie.

[IMG
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/217720165092032512/243132399460810752/ererre.JPG[/IMG]

So for the most part the 120V is marginally better. But with the prices more or less comes down to personal preferance between water and air in my opinion. Both have pros and cons.

You're wrong, deal with it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TijyKjs34

Sealed systems leak. If they leak, it's not as easy as just replacing the unit as it may take hardware with it. Water and Electronics do not mix. You have to deal with replacing multiple parts and possibly have to fight with the manufacturer to get them to replace those parts for you. Why take all that risk for just a couple degrees when you are already so far below the safe temperature threshold?