Need Help with Upgrades for my PC

Hey all,

can some of you please look at my current PC hardware and my planned upgrades before i do anything stupid?

Motherboard: ASUS H97-PLUS 1150
    Processor: Intel i5-4590
    RAM: 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3
    HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003, 1TB
    SSD: SanDisk SDSSDP 128GB

Specs i want to upgrade (since my Power Supply is broke and my GPU causing me problems):

Current GPU: MSI PCX R9 280 Gaming
    Current Power Supply: bequiet! Pure Power CM BQT L8-CM-430W

Future GPU: ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GTX1060 Overclocked
    Future Power Supply: bequiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W

Any suggestions to what i should change or if i did something wrong would be appreciated!
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

I don't see any issues, you don't really need a 650W PSU but it's not a bad PSU. Though I'm a bit curious what was causing you issue with your GPU, and what happened to your power supply?

Deleted
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Go the and recreate your current build and then add what you want to upgrade. Will tell you if there's anything wrong like not enough power/wrong size case/ GPU too big for case etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I don't see any issues, you don't really need a 650W PSU but it's not a bad PSU. Though I'm a bit curious what was causing you issue with your GPU, and what happened to your power supply?
    The bigger PSU is for future upgrades since my rig will get some new stuff the next months.

My GPU is causing problems with pixel-errors and in games its causing troubles with random graphic and colour bugs.
    Tested this with another Monitor and another GPU and I got to the conclusion that only my current GPU is the problem.

I change my PSU because my PC randomly wont start till I unplug it and then try again. Or it shuts down my PC during use randomly.
    Dont know if the PSU is the problem but since I will upgrade my GPU and some other parts in the near future I thought to switch my current one out.

Thanks for the answers guys and thanks for moving the thread were it belongs!
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

Quote Originally Posted by XTRWLT View Post
    The bigger PSU is for future upgrades since my rig will get some new stuff the next months.

My GPU is causing problems with pixel-errors and in games its causing troubles with random graphic and colour bugs.
    Tested this with another Monitor and another GPU and I got to the conclusion that only my current GPU is the problem.

I change my PSU because my PC randomly wont start till I unplug it and then try again. Or it shuts down my PC during use randomly.
    Dont know if the PSU is the problem but since I will upgrade my GPU and some other parts in the near future I thought to switch my current one out.

Thanks for the answers guys and thanks for moving the thread were it belongs!
    Alright was just checking, you did make sure your graphics drivers were up to date on your other card yeah?

But yeah your upgrades are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Alright was just checking, you did make sure your graphics drivers were up to date on your other card yeah?

But yeah your upgrades are fine.
    Aye. Updated my drivers or checked if they were updated every 2 days or so.

Hope my PC will start properly again after the new parts are here.

Thanks again

Deleted
    Although there is nothing wrong with the PSU you picked, it is quiet expensive...
    You can get an equally good PSU for a lot less money, and might even get away with going for an 1070, or a 1060 6gb edition ( I am not sure which 1060 you have your eye on).

Something like a corsair RM550x will suffice if you want a good quality PSU.

One more thing I would throw in is more RAM.