Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People are complaining about knee jerk swift changes in an expansion where u have to grind like WoW is your life for a weapon. Also if the kill your spec or your best secondary RiP because of this games completely fucked RNG system.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    People are complaining about knee jerk swift changes in an expansion where u have to grind like WoW is your life for a weapon. Also if the kill your spec or your best secondary RiP because of this games completely fucked RNG system.
    Really? I see so many different specs in arenas after hotfixes, and usually those who got overbuffed are stomping around like in FotM WoD. So you really want to tell me that all these people have almost all the meele classes with an artifact lvl of 20 ready to be overbuffed? Or all the fire mages had double-leveled their frost artifact 'cause you see 99% frost mages now instead of fire?

Hell yeah, seems to be a really important thing... this weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    There are two kinds of people which may be annoyed by this:

1. FotM rerollers, and those are the majority of high rated PvPers. If this would not be the case, the ladders wouldn't be so stale.
    2. People who just dislike "change" su much that they don't want to antiticape against recently buffed classes, 'cause they don't know much about them and lose consistently

Both groups of people are bad for the metagame, 'cause they are that kind of people who establish the "play whats OP or what auto-wins against OP", not contributing to diversity.
    HA! You MUST embrace the buff/nerf/skill change that could result in either (buff/nerf) and alters the way your class is played..... OR you dislike change and you're bad for the game!

I don't mind fine tuning but it seems like Bliz is just closing their eyes and throwing darts at a board to make SOME of these changes. I don't care if I having to learn how to beat a class/spec but why should I have to relearn this every week? On top of relearning my own class? Realistically there are 1-2 routes you can take with skills but when they make these changes it can COMPLETELY change the way your spec is played and what if that is one of the reasons you chose your spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    With the recent WW agi nerf, my self heal now heals me for 90k in PvP. That's like 1 Lock DoT tick's worth of damage right there. Not even worth using.

Compare that with my Enh Sham's which heals for like 400k.
    well you cant really compare 2, WW has much better mobility and uptime than Enh shammy, WW also has more tools to escape and better defensive than Enh shammy. As a Ret for example, it is easy for me to stick to Enh and impossible to stick to a WW if he wants to escape.

Back to topic

I mean yes it is kind annoying to keep track of all the changes, but unless you play multiple classes at high end rated CR you honestly do not have to worry that much, you just need to review patch notes or hot fixes and thats all. I have been playing Ret for past 9 years, the only thing that does change is comp representation in arena based on new FOTM, but unless you are pushing r1 or highest rated X class in the world, it should not really affect you, if a new comp becomes FOTM you just roll with a comp that can counter or play yourself a fotm comp problem solved. Like when 7.1 went live with all the Destro/Frost dk buffs, i ran Ret/Destro/MW, i never in my life ran that comp but it was fun and my team grinded 100+ cr within 1 day. Now that Destro was nerfed ill prob run Cupid as before, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    The problem isn't that changes are so fast, the problem is that a lot of them are stupid *cough hamstring gcd cough*, and no amount of number tweaking will change the fact hamstring as a thing should just go. Alongside other outdated mechanics that make no sense like druids removing slows / roots with spamable, free ability. Sure, it's balanced, maybe. But it's not fun to never be able to hit a druid for more than 2 seconds.

This is the problem. Not that there's fast changes, but that none of them address the real frustrating things.
    That hamstring change was for PvE and the PvP team had to adjust to it. Hamstring is still probably not in a good spot but at least they tried. Number tweaks CAN fix this issue, they just didn't go far enough. If hamstring did mortal strike levels of damage you wouldn't feel bad about using it, for example.

What changes do you think they have control over that are needed? Druid snare cleanse is balanced, it takes a GCD now. What is there that really needs a change that isn't new on the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I don't mind fine tuning but it seems like Bliz is just closing their eyes and throwing darts at a board to make SOME of these changes. I don't care if I having to learn how to beat a class/spec but why should I have to relearn this every week? On top of relearning my own class? Realistically there are 1-2 routes you can take with skills but when they make these changes it can COMPLETELY change the way your spec is played and what if that is one of the reasons you chose your spec?
    I agree that most of the changes are too game-changing in some way, but that is not a matter of speed, thats a matter of quality. And after a few month into Legion, IMO not only the quality of PvP balance is bad, but thats another topic.

Even with PvP templates and talents they wont be able to balance it 'cause some PvE class mechanics are the core problem.

But I appreciate it that they try to fix the outliers fast, and have some hope since they reverted most of DH nerfs (which are IMO again too strong), that my favorite class gets a piece from the cake too... sooner or later.... at least spec breaking bug fixes would be a good start.