Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I use these macros and talents. Serves me well.

Ignore Pain stacks and refreshes the buff. I see no point in waiting for more rage before using it.

Code:
    #showtooltip Devastate
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Devastate
    Code:
    #showtooltip Revenge
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Revenge
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Slam
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Battle Cry
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Shield Slam
    Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...rotection/cHxM
    How don't you go completely rage-starved when using both Ignore Pain and Focused Rage in every macro?

Deleted
    Of course I spend my rage! Why would you pool rage in first place? You want to smooth out the damage taken.

SB > IP > FR. That is true for rage costs too.
    10R > 20R(sometimes -35%) >30R (somtimes -35% or free)

Even with always spending rage, keeping SB and IP up is no problem. Since IP stacks it is possible that it covers 100% of your health depending on damage taken over the time being.

The above is true while not tanking too. You pool your IP stack, you help decreasing damage taken and you increase your damage.

I see no point in pooling 130 rage and using it only in some cases if I could use it all the time to help smooth out damage taken.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-11-11 at 01:32 PM.

Yeah I suppose, was just thinking of getting stacks on FR and such but as you have that in every "spam"-macro, I guess it work well.. Just that when looking at the macro, I got a feeling that you might nuke away rage too fast to sometime lack it when needed... but perhaps not tbh.. I'll probably go test you macros, always nice to get less shit to press so I can keep more eyes on the raid..

Of course I spend my rage! Why would you pool rage in first place? You want to smooth out the damage taken.

Even with always spending rage, keeping SB and IP up is no problem. Since IP stacks it is possible that it covers 100% of your health depending on damage taken over the time being.

The above is true while not tanking too. You pool your IP stack, you help decreasing damage taken and you increase your damage.

I see no point in pooling 130 rage and using it only in some cases if I could use it all the time to help smooth out damage taken.
    What you're doing is fine for LFR.

Outside of that you're basically dousing a turkey in petrol, setting it on fire and putting it on my plate while telling me it's a gourmet dinner.

Macroing shield block is retarded, it's a waste of rage and it's very possible to get RNG fucked on SS procs making it not avaiable if you're spamming charges no matter what your haste is. A warrior without SB up is glass.

Also why in the fuck would you macro spell reflect to everything.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Please explain why not.
    Because unless you can guarantee 100% uptime then chances are you're going to waste it and not have it when you need it. Especially times when no melee damage is taking place and letting the charges recoup is your main priority.

You could probably get away with it, but you're effectively making yourself a lesser valuable tank by creating opportunities of failure.

For starters, Dragon Scales is why you would want to pool rage (you don't always want to be waiting on it, but you also don't want to be wasting a third of the possible rage on a Dragon Scales proc). Instances of soon to be high incoming damage is enough reason to pool rage. Times off tanking would be another reason to pool rage so that you'll have plenty when you start taking damage again.

Regarding the macros, it's just simply not good practice. You're not always going to want to spam Shield Block every chance you can and especially with you using Vengeance I don't see how you're able to properly handle the alternating buffs with those macros. It also stops you from being able to take full advantage of Dragon Scales when available. As someone mentioned, it works for LFR but if it was you or the better tank that doesn't use those macros the other tank would likely outplay you every single time. And as someone mentioned, Spell Reflect macro'd to Shield Slam...really? AND demo shout? You might as well just bind everything on your bars to one button and spam it because that's how effective you're going to be.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-11-11 at 07:54 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Wow... please completely ignore the macros posted by zorker. They are the wow equivalent of c's get degrees.

You don't want to use SB unless you have a SS immediately available to extend it. You don't want to cast FR immediately after each IP, you want to wait to proc a free FR so you have more rage for IP. You want to pool rage for dragon scales, for vengeance:IP, and to shield yourself from big hits. The last one is rare but examples are eating two talons on mythic renferrel or the second eye beam on illgynoth.

I use these macros and talents. Serves me well.

Ignore Pain stacks and refreshes the buff. I see no point in waiting for more rage before using it.

Code:
    #showtooltip Devastate
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Devastate
    Code:
    #showtooltip Revenge
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Revenge
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Slam
    /use Demoralizing Shout
    /use Battle Cry
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use Spell Reflection
    /use Shield Block
    /use Ignore Pain
    /use Focused Rage
    /use Shield Slam
    Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...rotection/cHxM
    If anyone thinks Zorker's macros are a good idea, you should give guzzling shampoo a try. I hear it's delicious.

Anywho, if you are looking to raid tank, you will absolutely need to incorporate Shield Block into your standard rotation. Shield Block is critically important to your DPS, threat, and survival. If you can't take the time and effort to learn to do so, your raid leader should keep you as far away from tanking as possible.