Advice - Frost DK Honor Talents

I mosty solo queue bgs for fun, nothing competitive.

Just looking to see what frost dk's are doing for each honor talent row, and maybe a small breakdown of why they chose that particular talent. Trying to get a sense of how each one can be used in case I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

I think you could change things around based on what you plan on doing. I think there are three basic "things" you can focus on. Defense, Group Damage, Killing Healers.

I think there are a few rows that are standard in normals. Second row should be sparring just because of how many melee you run into. 4th row should be necrotic aura because it helps your big hitters (rime/frost strike) and it helps out other magic damage. Then the others are up to what you plan on doing.

For defense, the things you would want are focused around defending a base/flag. In that case you would want to take relentless to allow you to solo defend against sap/cap. Then on the third row you can either take dark sim or AMZ. I normally prefer dark sim, but that is a personal preference because I have years of experience predicting ability usage and can pretty well steal the right spell. AMZ is good for defending though to allow you more time for people to arrive. Then on the 5th row I would take death chill to give you a root so you can kite more easily. Last row is up to you.

Group damage I would go with adaptation, sparring, dark sim, necrotic aura, death chill, chill streak. Adaptation because you might eat a stun or fear, but you won't be getting CCed that much. I like dark sim because stealing cyclones and fears and sheep is super good when in a group fight and death chill so you can keep people locked down if needed. Chill streak is lots of fun, especially on maps like kotmogu when people are grouped up.

Then the healer killer spec I play is focused around pushing out huge frost strike crits. In order to do that, I take shattering strikes in the normal talent tree, necrotic aura, frozen center, tundra stalker. So you get a 40%, 25% and 8% damage increase and a 50% crit increase on frost strike. I will normally start off with two oblits to get razorice stacked to 5, then I will pillar, remorseless winter and hit them with a big meaty frost strike crit. Then they will be stunned by remorseless winter and I can normally get off another frost strike crit before they come out of stun. It is enough to kill most players if they don't have a defensive up or trinket the stun. It is especially fun in randoms because the healers are mainly looking at other people's bars and they are slower to react to getting their face melted.