Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'll be getting Banner 2 when it goes on sale although as someone just posted above it is supposedly the same as 1 with very minor improvements. I can certainly recommend Trails and Trails 2, they are very FF7 like JRPGs and tons of fun. Just be warned, Trails 3 isn't coming out until 2017 or something and it is depressing sitting and waiting to find out the conclusion to the story.
    Any word on when Trails of Cold Steel will have an English release in the West?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The first two games in that series are already out on PS3/Vita, no PC release though.

As was again mentioned above, they are on PS3/Vita but last I heard was they were planning on porting Cold Steel to PC before Trails 3 but I'm not sure if that's still happening. Honestly I hope not as Cold Steel takes place after Trails 3 and involves one of the characters so I assume it would spoil some of the ending.

Signature Created by Jassinta

As was again mentioned above, they are on PS3/Vita but last I heard was they were planning on porting Cold Steel to PC before Trails 3 but I'm not sure if that's still happening. Honestly I hope not as Cold Steel takes place after Trails 3 and involves one of the characters so I assume it would spoil some of the ending.
    From what I've heard, there aren't really that many spoilers. Cold Steel references some events that happen in Sky, as it takes place in the same world, but it's largely its own story and doesn't spoil that much. Knowing the story of Sky helps a lot because it provides a ton of additional context behind the story in Cold Steel, but you can totally play Cold Steel on its own and it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From what I've heard, there aren't really that many spoilers. Cold Steel references some events that happen in Sky, as it takes place in the same world, but it's largely its own story and doesn't spoil that much. Knowing the story of Sky helps a lot because it provides a ton of additional context behind the story in Cold Steel, but you can totally play Cold Steel on its own and it works just fine.
    Interesting because Cold Steel from what I read when researching takes place in the Erebonian empire and had Oliver (from Sky) as a fairly major character. You are probably right though that any spoiler would be relatively minor since it takes place a good bit after Sky.

Interesting because Cold Steel from what I read when researching takes place in the Erebonian empire and had Oliver (from Sky) as a fairly major character. You are probably right though that any spoiler would be relatively minor since it takes place a good bit after Sky.
    I haven't played either series personally (though I have the games and need to at some point), going based off of what I've read in reviews mainly.

There are still totally spoilers, but I don't remember reading that any of them were like, huge spoilers that would ruin the game or anything. I really need to get around to playing them at some point, they're just such massive time investments -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I haven't played either series personally (though I have the games and need to at some point), going based off of what I've read in reviews mainly.

There are still totally spoilers, but I don't remember reading that any of them were like, huge spoilers that would ruin the game or anything. I really need to get around to playing them at some point, they're just such massive time investments -____-
    I'll warn you that once you play 1 you will want to play 2 immediately and then you'll be sad that 3 is not out. The cliff hanger at the end of 1 is just like...gah, must find out what happens now! In regards to playing I found them to be so much fun I basically played them 2+ hours every day as I found them that addicting. But they are time sinks, I think I put at least 20 hours each into both without even trying. Thankfully I had forgotten about 3 until this thread came up.

I hate these sales. I was forced to buy Bastion, Transistor and a couple of others from the GOG sale. Just not fair

Deleted
    Bastion is good. Warning though, don't stray too close to edges.
    I got exploded onto a platform couple of times, so just had to keep walking off until I died

Just got 5kxp for SPAZ. \o/

Updated OP to include GMG / Amazon Fall Sale

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're after for this sale but GW2:HoT's 50% off for 15th to 22nd. Link
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm not sure if this is quite what you're after for this sale but GW2:HoT's 50% off for 15th to 22nd. Link
    Something like that is fine, just not enough for me to add to the top listing since it's a single game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    For once, there really aren't many games that I'm looking forward to grabbing.

Definitive Edition of Ori and the BF and Subnautica are really the only two off the top of my head :/
    Subnautica is a lot of fun
    Same here, not really fussed about a lot of games, like I used to be.
    Hoping for big price reductions on (these are all 'maybe buys', except Farcry Primal) :
    - Farcry Primal
    - Black Mesa, Prospekt
    - Fallout 4 + Season Pass
    - Elite Dangerous Horizons Season Pass
    - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided + Season Pass
    - Steins;Gate
    - Attack on Titan
    - Just Cause 3
    - Dark Souls 3 + Season Pass

Maybe a bit on Dishonored 2 or Planet Coaster, but I think I'll give those some more time.
    If the price reduction is not big enough, then screw it, I have a backlog to play through anyway, new additions can wait until summer or later.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    - Steins;Gate
    Just a headsup: Steins;Gate is also available as a critically acclaimed 24 episode anime if reading visual novels isn't your thing. A sequel to the visual novel, Steins;Gate Zero, should be out now, with an anime adaptation coming next year. For obvious reasons, watch or read the original first before moving onto the sequel.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-11-15 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a headsup: Steins;Gate is also available as a critically acclaimed 24 episode anime if reading visual novels isn't your thing. A sequel to the visual novel, Steins;Gate Zero, should be out now, with an anime adaptation coming next year. For obvious reasons, watch or read the original first before moving onto the sequel.
    Oooo I know I've probably seen that anime like 3 times (including the movie and ONA's). It's one of my top 5 anime of all time. Read the mangas as well. The anime is the reason I would like to play the visual novel(s). I know I could probably pirate the game somewhere, but I'd like to show my support (kinda, because I'm waiting for lower price ).

But thanks a lot for the headsup
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2016-11-15 at 10:20 PM.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Highlands is on sale for 2.50 on steam. Took me 7 hours or so to beat easymode. only 13 hours left on the sale but def worth it imo.

I am hoping for a Half-Life bundle discount, I don't have these games on my steam library. Right now, it's $20 or something for a bundle but that's too much for really aged series of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomb Raider weekend sale going on over on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/tomb-raider

Tempted to pick up Rise of the Tomb Raider for $29.99. Since I finally was able to save up and build my gaming PC, this is going to be my first time with the fabled "Steam Sales" and I am worried that Rise will be an even better price in a month or so. I guess the chance is it will at least be on sale for $30 again if not lower.

Autumn Sale is up btw. Grim Dawn 40% off AW YIS.

Holy shit, Doom 4 is already at 67% off just after few months of release. That will be bought istantly on christmas because i doubt it will get lower in december. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.