Thread: New Bear form.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Because I think it's fucking hideous and I'm disappointed that as far as I'm concerned I won't be getting a cool new skin for bear in 7.2 (and I personally don't think it fits in with the class as we aren't D2 Druids). Sure it's optional but if they had stuck with a normal bear model with a new theme I would have had an option I would have used and looked forward to obtaining.

Good for the people who like it, but it's sad for those of us who actually looking forward to a cool new bear model not some ugly werebear abomination. The fist weapons were already terrible and barely transmoggable, and now that dev that randomly likes to change things up for no reason (daggers/fists for Feral/Guardian) seems to put in charge of our bear model design.

I could have got behind a saberon model for Feral (as they removed that), but the werebear is blegh - probably has something to do with the fact that I think the gronn mounts are quite possibly the worst looking mounts in the game.

Very disappointed, but hey, nothing I can do about it - maybe it will save me some grinding as I see no reason to unlock such an ugly skin (going to bet it wont if it's linked in with the actual decent looking skins for other specs).
    God forbid someone wants something else than a regular Bear Form. There's already 5 entirely different looks for you to choose from. Now people can actually choose between entirely different things instead of pigeonholed into the ~master~ version of a bear. That being said, it sucks you can't look forward to a 6th entirely different appearance, but such is life. There's always an ugly row, probably multiple, that some people don't like at all. I'm not a huge fan of the Ursoc rare drop skin, I of course still want it because I'm a completionist, but I'm not really in a hurry with it.

E: I'm not a huge fan of the Rock bear either, it looks pretty cool but I love the Nightmare (PvP) row as well as the upcoming one. Big fan of the Balance of Power one as well but, it's locked for a few more months.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I think it's fucking hideous and I'm disappointed that as far as I'm concerned I won't be getting a cool new skin for bear in 7.2 (and I personally don't think it fits in with the class as we aren't D2 Druids). Sure it's optional but if they had stuck with a normal bear model with a new theme I would have had an option I would have used and looked forward to obtaining.

Good for the people who like it, but it's sad for those of us who actually looking forward to a cool new bear model not some ugly werebear abomination. The fist weapons were already terrible and barely transmoggable, and now that dev that randomly likes to change things up for no reason (daggers/fists for Feral/Guardian) seems to put in charge of our bear model design.

I could have got behind a saberon model for Feral (as they removed that), but the werebear is blegh - probably has something to do with the fact that I think the gronn mounts are quite possibly the worst looking mounts in the game.

Very disappointed, but hey, nothing I can do about it - maybe it will save me some grinding as I see no reason to unlock such an ugly skin (going to bet it wont if it's linked in with the actual decent looking skins for other specs).
    Such a response for something so simple as a skin. You can't please everyone. No matter what Blizzard did there will always be "that guy" who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    God forbid someone wants something else than a regular Bear Form. There's already 5 entirely different looks for you to choose from. Now people can actually choose between entirely different things instead of pigeonholed into the ~master~ version of a bear. That being said, it sucks you can't look forward to a 6th entirely different appearance, but such is life. There's always an ugly row, probably multiple, that some people don't like at all. I'm not a huge fan of the Ursoc rare drop skin, I of course still want it because I'm a completionist, but I'm not really in a hurry with it.

E: I'm not a huge fan of the Rock bear either, it looks pretty cool but I love the Nightmare (PvP) row as well as the upcoming one. Big fan of the Balance of Power one as well but, it's locked for a few more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Such a response for something so simple as a skin. You can't please everyone. No matter what Blizzard did there will always be "that guy" who doesn't.
    Seems more like people either love the new skin or they hate it; not really seeing much in the way of middle ground opinions. Now I would love to be able to tank in caster form somehow so I could see my gear, but I don't consider that skin to provide that option (and I don't think it's something they'll ever add as it just doesn't fit the class). I mean, if you tank on a Druid you get the bear package - why people are tanking on a Druid if they loathe bear form is beyond me, there are a number of other tank classes that do not come with bears.

But eh, nothing I can do about it other than vent my disappointment and hope the next skin they release doesn't look like a bear mated with a gronnling. Glad some people think its awesome, disappointed myself because I hate it - as you say you can't please everyone.

claw-bearing*. Here comes the "drink bleach" replies

Seems more like people either love the new skin or they hate it; not really seeing much in the way of middle ground opinions. Now I would love to be able to tank in caster form somehow so I could see my gear, but I don't consider that skin to provide that option (and I don't think it's something they'll ever add as it just doesn't fit the class). I mean, if you tank on a Druid you get the bear package - why people are tanking on a Druid if they loathe bear form is beyond me, there are a number of other tank classes that do not come with bears.

But eh, nothing I can do about it other than vent my disappointment and hope the next skin they release doesn't look like a bear mated with a gronnling. Glad some people think its awesome, disappointed myself because I hate it - as you say you can't please everyone.
    I don't hate the current Bear Form. Far from it. I'm just a person who likes to have a bit more choice, choice is good.

Seems more like people either love the new skin or they hate it; not really seeing much in the way of middle ground opinions.
    I don't love it. I think it could have been better.

That being said, after a decade of the same bear model, it's refreshing to get a bear form that doesn't look like it just dropped the soap.

Knuckle-dragging ape-bear. No thanks.

Mount looks hideous too.

Deleted
    I love it

Deleted
    Looking at it makes me wish it was a Gorilla form instead. I'm not completely against it, I just think it's a really odd looking bear lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I think it looks pretty badass. To be fair though, I have always thought that Bear form was almost as stupid looking as Moonkin form.
    I like this one too. As a main Guardian I'm tiered of the "normal" looking bear which is just altered by visuals in Legion.

Been a bear since Naxx10/25, and I'm not a big fan of it. Nor was I big fan of the hidden skin, but the 200 WQ unlock I grew to really like and use it exclusively.

So, I'll wait and see.

The 'new' travel form looks kind of weird.

So, again, I'll just wait and see.

That said, that DK mount... yes....!

10+ Year Old Account
    Werebear, Bearwolf? Same difference. We will be able to choose different colors though??

man bear pig

Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Werebear, Bearwolf? Same difference. We will be able to choose different colors though??
    Werebear. Unless you're a Worgen, then it's werewolfbear.

Were- means "(hu)man" in this case. So Werewolf literally just means manwolf.

I like the idea of it, I liked Claws of Shirvalah quite a bit. I extremely dislike the execution. It looks cartoony and DOES NOT FIT thematically with the other cat or bear forms. If it had a different skin that fit in better I would hop right onboard that band wagon.

I really love the new form, it looks awesome and hilarious Looking forward to see what it'll take to unlock it.

I think the new bear form looks a tad weird, its like a bear and hulk had a kid, maybe one of the recolours might look better personally

F this sh**.

Just give me a glyph for guardian that does the same as the boomie glyph! Let me keep my Tauren form while using bear skills.
    My follower bodyguard is already bugged and runs around in NE-form with his Eskander's Claws growling at things. I want to just moo it with my Ursoc claws (or any other fist weapon xmog).
    All the race models already have first-animations, so it would be much easier than a gorilla+bearhead model.

Fixes the armor+weapon showing problem as well. Really easy. If they want to fix it for PvP they could give it a tint like the astral one, but to be honest I don't care about PvP and whether or not PvP'ers can see if a druid is in bear or normal form.

If they really want an alternative to the current bear model, why not let guardians be other types of animals than just bears? A gorilla guardian would make sense, or even a sabercat guardian. As long as it has teeth, claws, and fur, all the ability texts makes sense.

Lore/History version of my rant: It made sense for the sabercat model for ferals. The game world already have sabercats (since original ZG) and such a form made sense. This mutant-bear model will be a totally new species (unless they flood some unknown part of Broken Isles with a new breed of bear).
    Druids work with nature, they do not alter it.