Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll believe it when I see it. I have my expectations very low, particularly after their little "warlocks are tanky, we want to double down on strengths, so we are nerfing your tankiness" stunt. It wouldn't suprise me at all to see effing mages get more utility whilst warlocks are told you already got utility haven't we reminded you about healthstones and portals already.

In th epast when you got good talents that are a no-brainer they usually nerf them to make the shit one slook better. So don;t be suprised to a nerf to everlasting corruption to make mana tap look less garbage

And it wouldn;t supris eme at all to see them decide that Soul Flame is "too good" but to leave the whole on-death reliance clusterfuck untouched. Remember this is the same Blizzard who gutted the Soul Reap mechanic right at the last minute so they didn;t have time to fix the fact that the whole damn artifact is designed around it.

That's why affliction is so crap in pure single-target fights: not only is it's base damage low, to stop multi-dotting getting out of hand, but the artifact does hardly anything to help. Soul Flame and Wrath do literally nothing whatever, and you are starved of souls to power up reap. And yet when it comes to AOE, where affliction is strong, you are drowning in buffs and souls, on mythic+ trash I've got the on-kill buffs up almost all the time and there's an endless supply of tormented souls.

Same with destruction, it's all built around Wreak Havoc, it is tuned around that, so any time you can't cleave all the time you're boned; look at the logs for pure single target, and there's destruction right with affliction keeping the tanks company.

Last but not least most people sensibly dumped the class and thus warlock is now very low population, so they aren't going to put in anywhere near the time and resource they are going to put into fotm classes like mages. Basically warlocks have fallen into disuse and would require a huge effort to make them attractive again.

Basically it's all snowballed, clas sis bad, peopel don;t play it, why bother to sink time and resources into fixing up something hardly anyone plays, so it stays a class most people won't touch with a bargepole. All helped along by the terrible reputation we gained from the first month of live and will never shake off, the message is out, play a warlock and groups don;t want you.

I just hope they look at the choices destro has to make between AoE and ST damage in dungeons. It just feels wrong to have talents that do literally nothing on single target that also take the place of something that is fairly significant (like FnB vs Eradication) so if you've chosen them and aren't in a position to swap talents you might as well have not even taken a talent on the row. Its fine for some talents to not be as useful but after playing other classes (like my mage) that aren't punished so heavily for trying to do well at a specific aspect I feel like those talents should do something in other scenarios. It seems especially weird in a world where talent swapping isn't as easy/common place. The talents seem to be designed with you swapping constantly in mind where the design of talent swapping in general is the opposite. I think its a lot more okay as far as raiding goes even though I haven't actually done anything remotely serious enough to care about on my warlock.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-11-05 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, you look at having to choose between Siphon Life or Sow the Seeds, or Eradication and Fire and Brimstone...then you look at mages having to pick Unstable Mind or Living Bomb and feel sick. And even more sick when you see how good Barrage is for AOE and single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Fixed that for you. I wish the same with you, btw, but this is definitely a wishlist.
    you are right. Let's call it a reasonable wishlist

I really miss Dark Souls. Anyone else with me on that boat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didrah View Post
    I really miss Dark Souls. Anyone else with me on that boat?
    haven't touched the DLC for Dark Souls III yet. I would rather have a Demon's Souls PS4 remaster tbh ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    haven't touched the DLC for Dark Souls III yet. I would rather have a Demon's Souls PS4 remaster tbh ^^
    I meant the offensive CD. Dark souls: misery, instability and knowledge.

Lol, that expectations.

U will be crushed when the "big changes" will come, :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Lol, that expectations.

U will be crushed when the "big changes" will come, :S
    People's expectations are out of whack to be honest, especially for Destruction. Like my wildest dream for Destruction is Reverse Entropy becoming baseline and that's it and I am not sure whether it will even get anything or whether it actually needs to get anything mechanically to begin with, the RE bit is simply because everyone and their mothers take it and I'd rather get it out of the way, made baseline and replaced by some interesting new talent more balanced with the others in the row.

I also really hope that globally Mana Tap goes for good, it's pretty obvious that nobody seriously takes it because of how much of a shit gameplay it is, what I am afraid of is Blizzard digging in, like they love to do that and buff it to the point where you have to take it just because for numbers.

Other specs are a fair game, but they were improved a lot simply by tuning since launch and I don't think Blizz is going to toss a huge revamp people expect there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-11-05 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    they will probably move mana tap in a different talent tree and something minor 0 hope or expectations, will have to see what they come up with

Deleted
    ya'll doubters will be "crazy conflux was right all along, blizzard actually realized warlocks are in a bad spot".

Changes doesn't necessarily mean "super mega buffs". There are a lot of quality of life changes that could help warlocks immensely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    ya'll doubters will be "crazy conflux was right all along, blizzard actually realized warlocks are in a bad spot".

Changes doesn't necessarily mean "super mega buffs". There are a lot of quality of life changes that could help warlocks immensely
    A lot of QoL change they could make would directly affect dps a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I'm not betting on 7.1.5 being a chance for a large number of fixes. 7.2 is more promising the new traits mentions may help us yet. I'm still going to bank AP just incase.
    So you are going to bank AP for over 6 months? Geez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    A lot of QoL change they could make would directly affect dps a bit.
    that is true, but that doesn't matter because overall warlocks are more of the weaker side of things. A small buff through QoL changes sounds very much needed tbh. Especially with the last row of 7.1 for most other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think people have some unreasonable expectations, for one - I believe Destruction will be having very small changes if any at all.

Maybe there is a small chance Reverse Entropy will be baseline, which would be nice, but I don't think they have it in them to make it happen.
    I also really hope that globally Mana Tap goes for good, it's pretty obvious that nobody seriously takes it because of how much of a shit gameplay it is, what I am afraid of is Blizzard digging in, like they love to do that and buff it to the point where you have to take it just because for numbers.

If there's any truth to this website that dude just linked:

http://www.wowpopular.com/Talents/Warlock/Destruction

I think there's a good chance we see RE baseline just on how much use it sees. It definitely fits into the *talent taken by 99% of people* category.

That talent row and mana tap specifically are things blizzard was very receptive about during alpha. I made full text capped posts during alpha about mana tap and that talent row talking about how the other talents as they were designed at the time would never be taken and mana tap would dominate the row and blizzard very clearly responded to all the alpha feedback people gave and made significant changes to the entire row. For instance RE didn't have reduced cast time on it, roaring blaze was originally where cataclysm is, absolute corruption didn't have % dmg on it, and mana tap was I want to say 20% increased dmg at its peak.

I imagine the volume of constructive feedback back then lead to where we currently are where mana tap isn't mandatory. And I imagine them now having the data to back up peoples claims during the alpha that by and large people hate those kinds of talents since when both of them are almost equal yet mana tap is a tiny bit better in every situation people still unanimously opt to take other talents given the option will have some sway.

The thing that'll be interesting is *if* they do make RE baseline which I imagine is a pretty reasonable assumption, what will they do with mana tap. Since currently what makes mana tap mana tap is that it creates this gameplay where you always want to tap at low amounts of mana to game it, but if we have RE baseline there's no mana management anymore and it'll literally just be a button you press every 20 seconds.

I'll be curious to see how that goes.

People's expectations are out of whack to be honest, especially for Destruction.
    I think people are a bit hyperbolic about the specs "issues", but I don't necessarily disagree that some things would be nice changes. I don't particularly have any love for the mastery, and I'm not sure anyone really does. And there are things that have been core parts of the spec that are currently talents like shadowburn and backdraft. The specs aoe is very fragmented and awkward, especially compared to the past. You basically don't have aoe if you don't talent into it, and RoF doesn't really fit into your aoe kit even though its supposed to be our primary aoe spell which harkens to the "feel" watcher was talking about.

There's definitely things we could sit here and come up with that the spec could use some tweaking on, it doesn't NEED those things to be a solid spec in today's game but I wouldn't call it "out of whack" for people to have some amount of mechanical changes on their wishlist.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-11-05 at 05:59 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

I think people are a bit hyperbolic about the specs "issues", but I don't necessarily disagree that some things would be nice changes. I don't particularly have any love for the mastery, and I'm not sure anyone really does. And there are things that have been core parts of the spec that are currently talents like shadowburn and backdraft. The specs aoe is very fragmented and awkward, especially compared to the past. You basically don't have aoe if you don't talent into it, and RoF doesn't really fit into your aoe kit even though its supposed to be our primary aoe spell which harkens to the "feel" watcher was talking about.

There's definitely things we could sit here and come up with that the spec could use some tweaking on, it doesn't NEED those things to be a solid spec in today's game but I wouldn't call it "out of whack" for people to have some amount of mechanical changes on their wishlist.
    very true !

Deleted
    I know it will be considered blasphemous but destruction would in my view be better if it has stronger baseline damage with a modifier on Havoc/Wreak Havoc to stop cleave getting out of control. At the moment destruction has to be balanced around fights where it can endlessly cleave, which tends to screw it over where it can't. You shouldn;t need to play destruction praying that a bossfight will have shit-tons of cleave because otherwise you keep the tanks (and affliction) company.

It's my feeling that they've painted themselves into corners with affliction's dot and on-death mechanics, and destruction leans too heavily on Wreak Havoc.

Unfortunately I also have a suspiscion (going by past experience) that they will nerf the really good talents down to make the crap ones more "attractive". They've done it before. Hell if they can nerf Contagion :rolleyes

Yeah some expectations are definitely pretty crazy however a few things I would personally like to see that I think are reasonable;

- We regain an interrupt (with the talk of utility and hunters traps I think this will 99% happen)
    - Shadowburn baseline again
    - RE baseline
    - An actual DPS cooldown kek. i.e. Dark Soul

Personally I would be stoked with those additions to my toolkit ^^

Soul Effigy baseline would be nice for affliction, despite the fact many people dislike that talent, it is our best ST boost and having it baseline can fix affs ST issues. If it would be baseline, Blizz can tune it up without getting into balancing issues with the other talents.

I would like to see something done with howl of terror as well. That "talent" is useless.

Someone can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Affliction and destruction have the same issue, basically they lock you into one role via the talents. There's no all-rounder build, the aoe talents are hefty single target losses and vice versa. No issue with that if it applied to all classes, but it clearly doesn't, there are some classes/specs that still have cookie-cutter good at everything builds

This can be particularly damaging for Mythic+ where you can't swap talents. Also why should we lock shave to carry around those damn tomes and tit about talent swapping all the time?

When I first saw the talent smy first reaction was great, you can swap them around to adapt to the tactical requirements, potentially adding interest and diversity of play. Then they brought in the damn tome requirement. And M+ where you can;t swap

IMHO affliction is a real mess, mostly due to the way the artifact works or shoudl I say doesn;t work. Also demo could do with some quality of life improvements.

Destruction realy isn;t bad. It's th eother two that suffer.