Thread: Simcraft Help

Simcraft Help

I recently downloaded simulationcraft and tried using it to find my ideal stat weights. I've never used it before and based on my results I feel like I did something wrong. I play a balance druid and I'll provide my armory below. Does anyone know if this pawn string for stat scale factors is correct? If it is I can understand why given that I've reached an ideal amount of haste, but I just want to make sure. A bit ashamed I raid hardcore and have never used simcraft before ... oh well.

( Pawn: v1: "Stars": Intellect=11.06, SpellPower=10.59, CritRating=9.88, HasteRating=6.27, MasteryRating=9.67, Versatility=11.33 )

Armory: Stars - Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Starsxy View Post
    I recently downloaded simulationcraft and tried using it to find my ideal stat weights. I've never used it before and based on my results I feel like I did something wrong. I play a balance druid and I'll provide my armory below. Does anyone know if this pawn string for stat scale factors is correct? If it is I can understand why given that I've reached an ideal amount of haste, but I just want to make sure. A bit ashamed I raid hardcore and have never used simcraft before ... oh well.

( Pawn: v1: "Stars": Intellect=11.06, SpellPower=10.59, CritRating=9.88, HasteRating=6.27, MasteryRating=9.67, Versatility=11.33 )

Armory: Stars - Stormrage US
    I too had those stat priorities when I simmed my balance. But those values are for Patchwerk style of fighting ( Options tab ). Atm I doubt there are any real fights where you just sit and spam spells ( except LFR maybe ). So you have to take into account movement, adds and stuff. The best sim for me was HecticAdds( I think that's the name ), even though real game is not gonna be like this, I thought it's a decent compromise between Patchwerk and movement, target switching etc.
    I simmed for Helter Skelter and some other stuff and Haste just ski rocketed. So considering a Patchwerk fight wants me to have Crit and Versa, while movement wants Haste, Hectic gave a in between value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I too had those stat priorities when I simmed my balance. But those values are for Patchwerk style of fighting ( Options tab ). Atm I doubt there are any real fights where you just sit and spam spells ( except LFR maybe ). So you have to take into account movement, adds and stuff. The best sim for me was HecticAdds( I think that's the name ), even though real game is not gonna be like this, I thought it's a decent compromise between Patchwerk and movement, target switching etc.
    I simmed for Helter Skelter and some other stuff and Haste just ski rocketed. So considering a Patchwerk fight wants me to have Crit and Versa, while movement wants Haste, Hectic gave a in between value.
    Yeah idk, I've just been running with the "default" simple stat weights that are listed in Gebuz's guide, but I just saw tonight that there are actually weights for if you have the legendary helmet/belt. Unfortunately, I have both of those equipped so can't decide if I just want to continue using the universal stat weights or try and figure out the exact simulation settings I should be running to get my weights perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsxy View Post
    Yeah idk, I've just been running with the "default" simple stat weights that are listed in Gebuz's guide, but I just saw tonight that there are actually weights for if you have the legendary helmet/belt. Unfortunately, I have both of those equipped so can't decide if I just want to continue using the universal stat weights or try and figure out the exact simulation settings I should be running to get my weights perfect.
    You can always try 2-3 dummy tests with the universal stats. Make an average dps. Then go to SimC, sim for Patch and then apply those said values(if you have extra gear to replace ofc, I sometimes use the Versa gear from Guardian) and test again 2-3 times. Compare averages and decide.

Whenever I do sims I always tell people to do one for light movement, heavy movement, addcleve, and patchwork and then average those results together because it'll give you a better representation of what you'll see in actual raids. Right now you could probably drop the patchwork sim all together though.