10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Train To Busan (Korean Film, well done 96% Rotten Tomatoes)

Hey guys i just wanted to inform you of this little gem that S. Korea produced!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/train_to_busan/

Seriously, i cannot state HOW WELL this movie was done....it's crazy good...like seriously good....a mix of George Romero's and Danny Boyle's work of 28 days later....i'm seriously in awe of this movie.....just watched it via Kodi (available in HD).

From beginning to end, i was hooked throughout, it wouldn't relent, it just got crazier and crazier.

And also because it's a korean film, get ready for the tissues.

10/10 for me.

anybody else watch it yet? tell me what you guys think.

Couldn't find a properly subtitled or even a dubbed version. I can't enjoy a movie if I don't understand the dialogue, and I'm not learning Korean just to enjoy a movie.

Thought it was pretty average, had to watch it in 3 sessions cause it couldn't keep my interest.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Thought it was pretty average, had to watch it in 3 sessions cause it couldn't keep my interest.
    You're saying on average, it takes you 3 sessions to finish a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Rotten Tomatoes says it's good must mean its good right? I wouldn't make a big deal out of this but yet you pin this 'fact' to the title :P

I'll make my own mind up thank you very much... Wish people would stop acting like a website that is broken in its system of reviewing is the be all end all in movie reviews, our future involves other people making our minds up for us... once again wouldn't make a big deal of this but you have drawn attention through your title...

Why wasnt the title of this topic called ''Really Good/Well Made Korean Film'...? Why bring Rotten Tomatoes into this at all?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Because Rotten Tomatoes says it's good must mean its good right? I wouldn't make a big deal out of this but yet you pin this 'fact' to the title :P

I'll make my own mind up thank you very much... Wish people would stop acting like a website that is broken in its system of reviewing is the be all end all in movie reviews, our future involves other people making our minds up for us... once again wouldn't make a big deal of this but you have drawn attention through your title...

Why wasnt the title of this topic called ''Really Good/Well Made Korean Film'...? Why bring Rotten Tomatoes into this at all?
    Because Rotten tomatoes is a well renowned site for reviewing movies, its not absolutely perfect, but it favors above the others. The question is, why are you being so edgy about what i put for the title of the POST I put?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Couldn't find a properly subtitled or even a dubbed version. I can't enjoy a movie if I don't understand the dialogue, and I'm not learning Korean just to enjoy a movie.
    Ah i'm sorry to hear that, i was able to find subtitles easy with the stream i was watching....subscene should have them!

It's well worth the watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was on my watchlist for a long time but I always forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Was on my watchlist for a long time but I always forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.
    Ya it's a really good movie...gonna rewatch it with the parents today

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quite liked it but I know a lot will see either foreign film or zombie apocalypse and immediately dial out any interest they may have. The acting, the story and the effects were all fairly well done which made it a real treat to watch which is what I tend to say about a lot of South Korean films. I especially liked the transition phase between living and undead.

The Wailing is another good horror movie with some fun elements of comedy which I definitely recommend along with R-Point if you can find it and can stand the SD quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Holy shit, dude.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-11 at 09:50 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.