Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only care about afflic at this point. Siphon or StS baseline, Effigy or PS baseline. Either would solve the : get aoe, get fucked on single we have atm.

Now throwing out thoughts: new talent that replaces DS could be a talent that makes Agony start at full dmg (10 stacks) for medium hp adds on dungeons.

New animations would be nice too.

I don't dislike effigy, but I think the reward isn't there. Improve the dmg from 35 to 50% again.

Demo:
    - baseline hand of doom
    - instant dreadstalkers (Master summoner pvp talent)
    - Demonic empowerment made a passive buff after casting shadowbolt / demon bolt

Affliction:
    - increase dots damage beside corruption by 30%
    - Effigy removed and replaced by Nightfall : proc on corruption = next spell instant

I'm weirdly ok with where Affliction is right now, at least in raids. Some fights are awful, some are ok, and some are great. If they did buff single target damage, it will be at the expense of multi-target, so I worry if they make those changes we'll just be bad at everything for a few numbers passes.

For Affliction, I would like to see a change for agony stacking (ways to make it stack faster), and access to shadowfury. I expect they'll also make some change to soul effigy since every other aff player seems to complain about it, and I could see them making siphon life baseline since it's always taken in raids so far. They might take a swipe at the artifact too, but I don't really know how I feel about that. Soul Flame and Wrath of Consumption have grown on me, and I'd hate to lose one or the other at this point just because of single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction

Artifact reworked:-
    Too much by way of waiting for procs or things to die right now.
    Too much disparity in up-time between whether there's stuff dying and not.
    Soul Flame and Wrath of Consumption reworked.

Talents:-
    Haunt baseline, or at least greatly improved to make it viable (Haste/Mastery scaling).
    Siphon Life baseline.
    Sow the Seeds baseline.
    Soul Swap returned, perhaps a talent?
    Soul Effigy cut.

General:
    Pets re-levelled on throughput so we don't lose damage for utility.

Everyone hoping for too much. Warlocks aren't in a super bad place, so I would be expecting smallish changes.

Affliction -- cannot target swap, ramp up time issues, too hard a choice between boss and trash pack dps.
    Writhe in agony's dominance curbed somehow.
    Sow the seeds shouldn't compete against SL, its too large of a single target vs aoe tradeoff. Swapping SL with singularity might do the trick
    Buff soul harvest and haunt.
    A talent that lets you apply a 10(20?)-stack agony to something somehow, or ramps up agony's stack rate somehow. For either target switching, or lust-on-pull.

Demo -- terrible at moving, terrible at target swapping.
    Buff soul harvest
    Consider something to help with movement. Maybe 4 second duration, 2 charge, 90 second cd KJ cunning? Might not even be needed.
    I also expect demo's haste scaling to be nerfed. Probably something to do with pets.

Destro -- gucci
    Reverse Entropy row isn't working
    Buff soul harvest

Other problems that probably won't be solved:
    Cross-spec sindorei's
    Doomguard isn't a fun cd, give dark soul plz
    fire mage not having any niches
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-11-07 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only care about Soul Effigy changed from the fail design that didn't even work for Mages last xpac. That and artifact updated to reflect not having the former targetable souls in grained into the traits. Oh, and soul shard regeneration increased tenfolds especially in ST scenarios. All pipe dreams, I know. Most they'll do is another 5% dot dmg increase while buffing everybody else 20%.

Third gold trait of Aff being something that doesn't require things to die would be nice. Don't have any other expectations from Blizzard and with their history even holding this one will most likely lead to disappointment.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-07 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I don't think they can make Affliction appealing to me without a significant overhaul of the spec. In it's current state it is probably the least appealing spec in the game and I would play pretty much literally anything else except maybe Beast Mastery over it. Just one idea though that would just so slightly improve the spec in my eyes would be to rework Haunt to be a short dot which summons ghosts to torment the target that trigger on-death effects (either once or even multiple times) when they expire.

I really like some of the new visuals for Destruction and historically I've at moments liked the spec. I like how Dimensional Rift is not just a fire spell and it's probably my favorite artifact ability. I don't get the point of the mastery (in PvE) and some of the talents like Fire and Brimstone and Wreak Havoc seem really poorly balanced/thought out. I don't understand why we'd have to choose not to use Channel Demonfire - it's really good looking imo and trying to make something as lame as Soul Conduit an appealing choice over it seems like a huge waste.

Demonology is in a good place as well mostly in my opinion and I don't mind Demonic Empowerment or stuff like that at all. I want to use Summon Darkglare though, Demonbolt is boring and pretty much the only impact of it on gameplay is inflating value of haste. And it seems redundant since TKC is basically the same thing as it.

A problem that all three specs share in my opinion is a boring cooldown in Summon Doomguard.

Deleted
    Are people seriously hoping for Wreak havoc nerfs? The only substantial talent that puts us in any sort of relevance? And for fucking single target increase?
    Seriously, if you want to get benched for mythic progression just ask your GM and don't mess with the rest of us, rofl. If you insist on nerfing Havoc, making Shadowburn baseline would be seriously appreciated.

I'd sort of expect Shadowburn to be baseline, but not 100% certain.
    Reverse Entropy is a no-brainer.
    Gsac grants you an ability from your pet (mainly aiming at getting a interrupt from saccing Felhunter).
    Mana Tap removed from the game.

But seriously, the single most destructive thing Blizzard could ever hope to do to Destruction Warlocks would be to heavily nerf Wreak Havoc in favor of single target buffs. Mainly speaking from a mythic perspective. Single target DPS hasn't seriously mattered in a long ass while. The ability to cleave adds have been the single thing that has put us on the map.

Deleted
    Single target DPS absolutely does matter. In fact the most major change Blizzard has made to EN Mythic after release has been to drastically reduce the importance of single target burst over a moderate period of time since it was too important and caused social issues.
    Last edited by mmoc422ae73adc; 2016-11-07 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    Are people seriously hoping for Wreak havoc nerfs? The only substantial talent that puts us in any sort of relevance? And for fucking single target increase?
    Seriously, if you want to get benched for mythic progression just ask your GM and don't mess with the rest of us, rofl. If you insist on nerfing Havoc, making Shadowburn baseline would be seriously appreciated.

I'd sort of expect Shadowburn to be baseline, but not 100% certain.
    Reverse Entropy is a no-brainer.
    Gsac grants you an ability from your pet (mainly aiming at getting a interrupt from saccing Felhunter).
    Mana Tap removed from the game.

But seriously, the single most destructive thing Blizzard could ever hope to do to Destruction Warlocks would be to heavily nerf Wreak Havoc in favor of single target buffs. Mainly speaking from a mythic perspective. Single target DPS hasn't seriously mattered in a long ass while. The ability to cleave adds have been the single thing that has put us on the map.

You do realize that if single target is buffed, but wreak havoc is nerfed it does stay roughly the same depending on how much ST is buffed or wreak havoc is nerfed?

You cannot buff ST by a lot if you dont nerf cleave. If blizzard would buff Chaos Bolt by 25% and Immolate by 10% and Incinerate by 15% then Destruction warlocks would completely wreck everyone on each fight where you can use havoc. Especially on fights where Wreak Havoc has a huge uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    You do realize that if single target is buffed, but wreak havoc is nerfed it does stay roughly the same depending on how much ST is buffed or wreak havoc is nerfed?

You cannot buff ST by a lot if you dont nerf cleave. If blizzard would buff Chaos Bolt by 25% and Immolate by 10% and Incinerate by 15% then Destruction warlocks would completely wreck everyone on each fight where you can use havoc. Especially on fights where Wreak Havoc has a huge uptime.
    No shit, I'm not asking for a single target buff, others are. I just don't see the point in buffing our single target and nerfing havoc. To what avail exactly? Oh man, I'm sure going to look forward to rocking the meters on Guarm & Krosus, whereas I could be super competitive on every other fight because they all have target swapping involved.

Deleted
    No shit, I'm not asking for a single target buff, others are. I just don't see the point in buffing our single target and nerfing havoc. To what avail exactly? Oh man, I'm sure going to look forward to rocking the meters on Guarm & Krosus, whereas I could be super competitive on every other fight because they all have target swapping involved.
    Please watch your tone. This is a civil discussion

Destruction is underperforming on single target. It is one of the, if not the worst single target spec in the game.

By the way you can still cleave after a nerf. No one ever talked about talking cleave completely away. Sorry I don't understand your problem.

Deleted
    I just don't see the point in buffing our single target and nerfing havoc. To what avail exactly?
    To make the spec less extreme in it's strengths and weaknesses and in general to avoid the situation where people have to "be benched" because of their class or spec.

Deleted
    Please watch your tone. This is a civil discussion

Destruction is underperforming on single target. It is one of the, if not the worst single target spec in the game.

By the way you can still cleave after a nerf. No one ever talked about talking cleave completely away. Sorry I don't understand your problem.
    Apologies. Though I'm still wondering why you're so particular about the spec being the "worst" single target spec, although we're literally middle of the pack and amazing at cleave. Do you guys really want to excel at killing Nythendra that much, and be in a worse spot at the fights we're currently excelling at.

Question withstands, to what avail do you want to buff our single target.

Deleted
    Apologies. Though I'm still wondering why you're so particular about the spec being the "worst" single target spec, although we're literally middle of the pack and amazing at cleave. Do you guys really want to excel at killing Nythendra that much, and be in a worse spot at the fights we're currently excelling at.

Question withstands, to what avail do you want to buff our single target.
    I simply love single target damage. It's just my personal opinion. In my "perfect dream world" all classes do equal single target, aoe and cleave damage. I understand that not all classes can perform absolutely equal on all boss fights. For example melees cant cleave dragons.

What I meant with ST buff and cleave nerf is that let's say Destruction does 600K on Dragons heroic and 350K on Nythendra Heroic. If they would buff ST by 20% then Destruction would do about 420K on Nythendra but like 800K on dragons. I would like to see them buff ST so that we would be competitive on Nythendra and nerf cleave to the point where we are doing the same damage on cleave fights with the ST buffs calculated into the equation so that we still do 600K on dragons
    (this is just an example with on the fly math)

I simply love single target damage. It's just my personal opinion. In my "perfect dream world" all classes do equal single target, aoe and cleave damage. I understand that not all classes can perform absolutely equal on all boss fights. For example melees cant cleave dragons.

What I meant with ST buff and cleave nerf is that let's say Destruction does 600K on Dragons heroic and 350K on Nythendra Heroic. If they would buff ST by 20% then Destruction would do about 420K on Nythendra but like 800K on dragons. I would like to see them buff ST so that we would be competitive on Nythendra and nerf cleave to the point where we are doing the same damage on cleave fights with the ST buffs calculated into the equation so that we still do 600K on dragons
    (this is just an example with on the fly math)
    This is just personal preference and shouldn't weigh in on what the class excels at which is cleave. Not to mention most encounters aren't purely ST so you want them to nerf cleave for a ST buff.....to do better damage on Nythendra? I mean, it doesn't make much sense.

Affliction needs a lot of work, that's really about it.

A glyph to change the appearance of my felguard....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    This is just personal preference and shouldn't weigh in on what the class excels at which is cleave. Not to mention most encounters aren't purely ST so you want them to nerf cleave for a ST buff.....to do better damage on Nythendra? I mean, it doesn't make much sense.

Affliction needs a lot of work, that's really about it.
    And this is the "what are YOU hoping for in the upcoming" thread

This is not the "I work and blizzard and this is actually going to happen" thread.

And this is the "what are YOU hoping for in the upcoming" thread

This is not the "I work and blizzard and this is actually going to happen" thread.
    Good point but again you would really want to sacrifice cleave, which what the spec excels at, for more ST damage? When most fights have cleave? Ok.