Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What do you think of the new affix shown in Blizzcon?

Personally I don't like damage that scale with % of hp because it make feel like your character progress doesn't matter and in fact is opposite as better gear give more hp and result more damage you take from this affix.

cancer affix, stuff like oozes, spiders in arcway, imps, mana wyrms in CoS or any other pack with lots of small mobs just got extremely frustrating to deal with, will need serious tuning before they can release it. Also it better be tier1 affix or never get paired with bolstering...

It needs tuning % wise but it's a good affix since it will change how we approach dungeons - which is the point of them. You may avoid aoe packs where possible rather than using them for easy % and instead go for smaller packs that give larger % / mob
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Ilgynoth mythic meets dungeons. Ok no thanks. Its another healer(kinda dps with target swapping but ultimately healer needs to deal with it) affix which is nice and i reckon like bolstering they will disable it on certain mobs so hopefully it wont be too horrible.

Cool. Still no affixes for dps to deal with. Cmon blizz...

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Cool. Still no affixes for dps to deal with. Cmon blizz...
    Bolstering / Raging / Teeming, and soon bursting are things dps should be dealing with by target priorities, CC's, and defensive cooldowns. If they aren't you're just in a bad group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    It would be fine as long as it doesn't work for every single 1m HP mob in the dungeon. If it gets a reduced effect for those then it should be OK. There's also the question of what "stacks" means - killing a mob refreshes it completely or killing a mob adds a stack for that particular kill i.e. you'd have multiple debuffs each for every single add killed. If it's the first one then it'll be very annoying to deal with for the average group spawning more "Affix Y destroys WoW, tanks, the game, and the universe" but on high level groups it should be fairly easy to manage as long as you don't go over 3-ish stacks(assuming there's damage already going out from existing mobs).

Dunno just another "don't pull it all and aoe" affix. I'm sure they could come up with something that's actually interesting if they wanted to. I don't feel like it really adds anything to the current selection. Maybe it'll be extremely annoying for low level keystone runs if it can be applied at low levels which I can't really imagine is going to be adding any positive experiences to anyone's day
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-11-07 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    It's an affix that shouldn't affect single pull runs too much, but affects farm/boost runs a lot. Because gear doesn't reduce its effectiveness, it's going to be the most annoying one for high geared groups looking to clear fast for AP/legendaries. Probably slows you down more than bolstering does atm. I also think it makes druid even stronger in M+.

Deleted
    Besides volcanic prioritizing range is there any other mechanic which is doesn't make melee life harder than range dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    It's an affix that shouldn't affect single pull runs too much, but affects farm/boost runs a lot. Because gear doesn't reduce its effectiveness, it's going to be the most annoying one for high geared groups looking to clear fast for AP/legendaries. Probably slows you down more than bolstering does atm. I also think it makes druid even stronger in M+.
    An easy way to tune that would be lowering the duration of the debuff as you get to higher M+ i.e. 20% over 8s -> 20% over 4s.

Absolute aids

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    An easy way to tune that would be lowering the duration of the debuff as you get to higher M+ i.e. 20% over 8s -> 20% over 4s.
    Thats just crazy. 20% of 2.3mil is 230k per dps and heal while tank gives about 450k and you want this over 4 secs? Thats like 300k hps ontop of the normal incoming dmg PER MOB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Bolstering / Raging / Teeming, and soon bursting are things dps should be dealing with by target priorities, CC's, and defensive cooldowns. If they aren't you're just in a bad group.
    Thing is many(most) dps dont realise the pain their screwups cause healers. An affix that punish their dps if they fuck up instead of the healer having to cover for their every mistake would "educate" these to at least interrupt or prio correctly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Thats just crazy. 20% of 2.3mil is 230k per dps and heal while tank gives about 450k and you want this over 4 secs? Thats like 300k hps ontop of the normal incoming dmg PER MOB
    Well it would make healing a lot more interesting. That being said, you're right. The amount is way to high if you actually do the math. Also, i was wrong in my initial iea was that would make the debuff even harder as a 8s gap between kills is too big so the actual amount seems to be the only tuning point available.

It's insanely overtuned at 20%: killing just 3 monsters within 4 seconds would be far too brutal. Mythic Il'gynoth was annoying enough to have to sit on your hands for 1/3 of the fight. It's similar to Bolstering, in that it modifies how you approach big packs, but in the opposite direction.

It's going to make certain pulls/dungeons, like BRH (spiders after first boss) and CoS (imps will be impossible without amazing coordination) absurd. Having to single target down the murloc/giblin packs in Eye is going to be a proper pain in the ass. Not looking forward to it combining with certain affixes, either; there's no way it would work with Teeming or Bolstering so at least those are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Ilgynoth mythic meets dungeons. Ok no thanks. Its another healer(kinda dps with target swapping but ultimately healer needs to deal with it) affix which is nice and i reckon like bolstering they will disable it on certain mobs so hopefully it wont be too horrible.
    This affix is in no way something for a healer to deal with. This is a affix 100% made for tanks and DPS.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    This affix is in no way something for a healer to deal with. This is a affix 100% made for tanks and DPS.
    Ok then you tell the dps to outheal the 20% over 4 seconds then. I already said yes its controlled by dps killing adds and swapping properly but at the end of the day that damage taken while other damage is going out especially at higher +levels is gonna be tough to deal with and alot of fun to play as a healer if you like challenging yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2016-11-07 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Ok then you tell the dps to outheal the 20% over 4 seconds then. I already said yes its controlled by dps killing adds and swapping properly but at the end of the day that damage taken while other damage is going out especially at higher +levels is gonna be tough to deal with and alot of fun to play as a healer if you like challenging yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

are you fucking serious man? it doesnt mean you have to self heal all that dmg, you have to move the fuck out.
    im sure they are missing something like "10yds" on the tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    are you fucking serious man? it doesnt mean you have to self heal all that dmg, you have to move the fuck out.
    im sure they are missing something like "10yds" on the tooltip
    Seems unlikely if Il'gynoth mythic is the inspiration.

Deleted
    nice

some trashmobs, after bolstering, can have 60-100m hp

some bigger trashmobs have 30-60m anyway (m+10++).

with this affix, its not possible to even play anymore XD