Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

7.1.5 for Rogues

So it was said at blizzcon

"The team looked at all of the talent rows, there are some talents that are never worth considering. These talents may need tuning or redesign. The talents that 98% of players are taking may just need to be baked into the spec."

Given that almost all of our talents for every spec has a talent in each row that "98+%" always take for everything I wonder what they will do for us on this.

The biggest one's I could see is the 100 row for every spec as they aren't very likely to bake in everything lol, everyone takes venom rush (assassin) Mfd (outlaw) and Master of shadows (sub) for everything.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-11-07 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    So it was said at blizzcon

"The team looked at all of the talent rows, there are some talents that are never worth considering. These talents may need tuning or redesign. The talents that 98% of players are taking may just need to be baked into the spec."

Given that almost all of our talents for every spec has a talent in each row that "98+%" always take for everything I wonder what they will do for us on this.

The biggest one's I could see is the 100 row for every spec as they aren't very likely to bake in everything lol, everyone takes venom rush (assassin) Mfd (outlaw) and Master of shadows (sub) for everything.
    Assassin:
    Isn't MfD super viable on Assassin in Arena?
    EP for Raiding, Exs for arena. Internal bleeding on arena. Vigor on arena. Subterfudge in bgs (and arena?).

Outlaw:
    I hope, we see grapling hook as an Outlaw built in. Alacrity is a no-brainer aswell.

Nothing.
    That's their plan for us /s

Oh wait, we'll have the shroud back.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

They should remove SnD & bake some % of its effect into RtB as a secondary effect of simply using the ability.

Pretty funny to see Shroud of all things, making a return; the ability never should have been in the game in the first place.

Shroud will probably be great fun in Mythic+, I eagerly await its return.

I agree with baking some of the % from S&D into RtB though and just dropping S&D from the row.

The problem I didn't hear them address one way or another, which concerns me, is the way legendaries impact talents. There are a few legenaries that either render a talent irrelevant or make it mandatory (Thraxi's Treads making you talent out of grappling hook coming foremost to mind) If they start talking some of those mandatory talents and moving them into the core, while I would like that, it's going to have unintended consequences I think that in the past it would not have. For example messing with row 2 might affect most rogues a little but affect the ones with that particular legendary a lot, in either direction. Limit it or force a choice between anticipation and another core DPS boost and you'd be nullifying the legendary, even while the same change might ostensibly buff everyone else.

Don't worry, haste will help as to acclimate to the combo point changes!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I could see deeper stratagem being baked in. Its the choice to go with in that row for all 3 specs I believe.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine in they brought back BoS.

From one of the interviews on wowhead
    "Roll the Bones is a cool ability for rogues, but feels mandatory as Slice and Dice doesn't feel competitive. So in 7.1.5, that will get an upgrade to be a worthy alternative to Roll the Bones."

Really hope this isn't just another attack speed buff.

Deleted
    i REALY hope they do something about that shity trials of valor/kara items as assassin. ( 70-80% of leather gear has haste on it )
    haste is soooooo bad that even a +15 upgrade with haste ist uber useless.... theres no motivation for the items to raid.

kinda hoping for anticipation to be made baseline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    i REALY hope they do something about that shity trials of valor/kara items as assassin. ( 70-80% of leather gear has haste on it )
    haste is soooooo bad that even a +15 upgrade with haste ist uber useless.... theres no motivation for the items to raid.
    Odyn:
    Wrist - Outlaw, Sub
    Hands - Ass

Guarm:
    Back - Outlaw, Sub

Helya:
    Relic - Ass
    Neck - Sub (Outlaw)
    Legs - Sub

For a 3 boss miniraid, it has not a lot, but still some good stuff.

Karazhan has BiS Trinket+Chest. I don't know, why you would pass on that.

Hoping for gouge/blind back for all rogue specs for one.

In terms of baking talents into the spec, that's a lot harder. Imagine if they just gave Sin Exsang or AP baseline, that'd be pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    Hoping for gouge/blind back for all rogue specs for one.

In terms of baking talents into the spec, that's a lot harder. Imagine if they just gave Sin Exsang or AP baseline, that'd be pretty hilarious.
    I'd be fine with even just blind on all three specs.

They also said they would be tinkering with secondaries, so imagine a world where haste is useful

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    They should remove SnD & bake some % of its effect into RtB as a secondary effect of simply using the ability.

Pretty funny to see Shroud of all things, making a return; the ability never should have been in the game in the first place.
    I'd prefer RtB being a talent and Snd being baseline but I realise I'm in the minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    Assassin:
    Isn't MfD super viable on Assassin in Arena?
    Rarely used. I think baseline venom rush makes the most sense also because it's just a passive buff. Replacing it with something active would give you a row of 3 active abilities wish seems like a more fitting selection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    I'd prefer RtB being a talent and Snd being baseline but I realise I'm in the minority.
    i'm with you though. i really enjoy snd, although i'll admit to being lazy.

Ppl they are not going to bake all talents into the spec, Celestalon said in an interview what they will mostly be doing is tunning up those unwanted talents and reworking some where its necessary, only on some extreme cases theyll bake the talent into the spec (he said something about Priest's Vampiric Embrace/Touch or whatever it is called being one of these cases). For us I see Venom Rush being the only clear case where baking the talent into the spec might be apliable as it is a passive skill that gets picked 100% of the time in PVE and substituted for something to compete with Marked for Death and Death from Above.

Deeper Stratagem row is probably being changed quite a bit, both Anticipation and Vigor see almost no use, those two will probably get a nice buff to bring them to a similar level as Stratagem, I'll grab Vigor in a heartbeat if its anywhere near Stratagem since it makes the gameplay so much more fluid. The utility/defensive rows are mostly well balanced for all specs. I also see Alacricity getting a buf for Assassination, that'd make Sin's 6th row perfect. Outlaws 6th and 7th row both need some severe retuning as well as Subs 6th and 7th rows.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-07 at 11:04 PM.

If they actually make SND competitive compared to RTB, Outlaw is a complete failure and should be removed/reworked in its entirety next expansion. RTB is the heart and soul of Outlaw; if they bring back SND, the spec is literally just combat without bandit's guile. How much more boring could they possibly make it?