Deleted

Do you actually enjoy Unholy PvP now?

I made some threads concerning unholy pvp almost a year ago and throughout beta testing. Just want to know what you naysayers (most of the people here were) now feel how unholy turned out. It feels clunky as hell and very unrewarding damage. I just did a bg, my pet died about 10 times. Very fun, not.

Luckily I've put most my points in frost as I find it more fun and actually closer to the feel of MoP unholy than unholy itself. I will play frost and pray for a remake of unholy next expansion. I honestly can't understand why they had to change the entire spec when it used to be perfect in Cata or MoP.

I remember going wild and my first global would usually be Unholy Blight, get the dots rolling and do insane aoe pressure. Doing similar now as frost with Remorseless Winter, breath and more. Feels similar, allthough missing necrotic strike and soul reaper a lot.

Do anyone of you actually enjoy unholy right now in PvP? I sure don't, but I really wish I could. The effort it takes and globals to get going while the damage just isn't there :/

Thankfully frost is fun now and amazing at cleave and peeling with aoe roots and slows on very short cd. But if they gut frost damage more they remove the one thing frost had going for them.

Cheers,
    Chris / Killigrew

- - - Updated - - -

I played frost most of WoD too, but atleast frost is much more intruiging now, will miss plague leech > death siphon sustain heals though ^^

Deleted
    I love UH.

No, I don't feel stronger than other, I don't feel more beefy than other.

I also know, that the best UH PvP'ers will never make it to the top, due to class balances etc. I also know the potential is lower than other classes(PS: horde forever as well).

I can also see that Frost is having much easier time in Arena(it's actually pretty damn good).

I still enjoy UH.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-08 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    In PvP? Nope. Too weak compared to other classes/specs. Too reliant on a 1.5m CD to do dmg/pressure. Too reliant on Crypt Fever.

I think it doesn't even hold a candle to Frost PvP at the moment. Frost has a nice mix of cleave and ST, has some really nice PvP talents, has a good uptime on its burst window CD and has some little tools like Remorseless Winter slows/stuns that make life so much easier.

Unholy feels like it doesn't really have a bigger payoff, but has to deal with more setup and inferior talents. Crypt Fever is really good and Dark Arbiter is a great super-burst option, but nothing else really shines.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO i only play bgs and world pvp , i dont play arenas so with that said, i been loving unholy pvp a little more everytime .
    against some classes i feel super strong but with others i feel the strugle but at the end of the day i like it .
    yes the pet dies a lot but its easy to summon it back. what i like about unholy is that i can hit from 30yards and but dots and stuff. the classes i have more trouble with are Ret Palys because they have like 3 Lives or something but if i manage to kite him while he bubbles i can score a win.
    rogues are a joke ,easy to kill.
    the best tip i have is Dot everything if a hunter is attacking you dot him and heal yourself with DS on their pets. till you can grip him chain him and put more dots on him , he eventually will die just keep focus .

i know Arenas are another story but as far for Bgs and world pvp i like what i have
    852 unholy dk.
    22 Artifact Level.

sorry for any typos, english is not my first language.

I like Unholy in Arena Skirmishes as a casual PvPer, if only because that the class is a helluva lot tankier than ever, and can still lock down casters with interrupts, 2 stuns, grips and AMS, while the abundance of RP (a problem in PvE) is all funneled into DS. That said...

I just tried frost BG literally just yesterday, first time ever in Legion, and that spec can blow up anything on demand, esp with Obliteration. With the +300% DS heal talent I don't even think about defense too much; just blow shit up and hopefully you beat the other guy first.

This is all anecdotal experience as a super casual PvPer. We all know you have to be a Druid/Lock/Rogue/WW/Mage etc to be anywhere near the top of actual rated PvP

PS: one more thing that bugs me as Unholy in BGs: When I respawn, a lot of times my pet will still be in combat (even though the guy is standing right next to me), therefore unable to mount. Literally a bug. I have to dismiss and resummon .
    Last edited by wooootles; 2016-11-08 at 05:16 PM.

Necrotic strike is the only ability that makes unholy viable, otherwise frost is the way to go.