Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    maybe he es saying that already downed those bosses on trial of valor...
    Either way, it isn't the same boss mechanically. They have the same models and 1 or 2 mechanics inspired by their dungeon counterparts. Everything else is completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    No, you did not. Pay attention. Helya submerges herself and runs away on 70% while the Odyn fight is him testing you if you're worthy and also ends at high hp.
    good enough for me mate. if i can do the first 30% im sure i can do the bloody rest
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    good enough for me mate. if i can do the first 30% im sure i can do the bloody rest
    That logic is impeccable. Must go for all mythic bosses too right?
    "Well we got her down to 90%. We've killed 10%, we can do the rest amirite guise??!?"
    Derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant clear it on day 1 in a pug, guess its overtuned guys.

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    "Well we got her down to 90%. We've killed 10%, we can do the rest amirite guise??!?"
    Derp.
    You are saying that to person who clearly pointed that lore wise if he is able to beat around him a bit then he is able to beat him as well. What's with the triggering really? He doesn't want and doesn't do. You want to and you do. Where is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Either way, it isn't the same boss mechanically. They have the same models and 1 or 2 mechanics inspired by their dungeon counterparts. Everything else is completely new.
    If they are not the same, you were wrong saying

"You literally have not. Open stops fighting at 80% in Halls of Valor and Helya runs away at 70%."

because there you were talking about other bosses too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Damn it feels good to see a challenging instance. Went in with a 870 pug with discord and took a few tries for each boss on normal, especially helya. I feel that the 850-60 peeps are going to struggle on normal bosses.
    Good. We need to have these 3 bosses last a few months until Nighthold..

My guild is going in expecting to down these on N and H today. I don't think it'll go our way =P
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Derp.
    dude, they ran away from me. if they could beat me why not just do it? no point in these bosses

e: just learned that odyn has bosses from halls of valor and helya has trash and her dog help her? really? pretty sure i can do trash and a 10% health horn tootin viking and dumb angel too

its like if there were crap little fire adds in the rag fight. i've already done the trash, hello?
    Last edited by Quotey; 2016-11-08 at 07:22 PM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant clear it on day 1 in a pug, guess its overtuned guys.
    /s
    Well EN normal with 865 is complete faceroll, so good to know that it's tuned harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Hc lich king says hi, c'thun says hi
    Nothing is overturned in WoW anymore.
    Blizzard is usually quick to finish all the super overtuned encounters before anyone gets a chance to see it. Archimonde was reportedly pretty broken when top guilds got there, and what do you know, the following days it was hotfixed.

If anything is overtuned in this day and age, it's safe to say Blizz will nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Took a few tries and overtuned? Does not compute.

All 3 bosses will be a walk in the park on hc.
    Says the 881 hunter....I sure hope it didn't feel overtuned to you

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Hc lich king says hi, c'thun says hi
    Nothing is overturned in WoW anymore.
    Archimonde in HFC was overtuned and got nerfed. Same goes for Blackhand in BRF.

I love these posts. The premise of WoW not having anything challenging and then announcing how challenging a new thing is is just a veiled attempt at looking down the nose at whichever group the OP considers casuals/beneath him/not worthy/etc.

Well, at 845 pugs were one shotting almost everything in normal EN. Most mechanics that weren't one shots were totally ignoble. At 25 ilvles higher in gear in a raid that gives 5 more base item levels of loot it does seem odd that it would be difficult on normal. I feel bad for the people in full normal raid gear who can't clear Karazhan, I hope people do ok in ToV.

Going to look for an overgeared pug tonight before going into heroic with my guild. I'm sure there will be crazy 880+ groups to jump into and blow things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    You are saying that to person who clearly pointed that lore wise if he is able to beat around him a bit then he is able to beat him as well. What's with the triggering really? He doesn't want and doesn't do. You want to and you do. Where is the issue?
    Because he didn't say anything about it being lore wise? But judging by the rest of his posts its clear he was just being obtuse and trying to get a reaction, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

People aren't going to over gear it right away like they did EN and as a result complain about it being too hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    You literally have not. Open stops fighting at 80% in Halls of Valor and Helya runs away at 70%.
    Again we don't kill Odyn, we get him closer to dead before he stops the fight and we all hug it out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    i already killed helya and odyn

why do it again?
    You never killed Helya or Odyn. That's, like, the point of the raid (minus killing Odyn obviously).

- - - Updated - - -

dude, they ran away from me. if they could beat me why not just do it? no point in these bosses

e: just learned that odyn has bosses from halls of valor and helya has trash and her dog help her? really? pretty sure i can do trash and a 10% health horn tootin viking and dumb angel too

its like if there were crap little fire adds in the rag fight. i've already done the trash, hello?
    Wierdest logic I've seen outside of preschool.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i am sad that we are going to kill helya, she could have ended up being an expansion

or half expansion :/, Maw of Souls was golden, i want more of it

Not available in EU yet but when EN came out we went in with a group of 845-855 geared players and we cleared heroic on 2nd night after release, most wipes was Cenarius at 6 wipes, some one-shot. EN drops ilvl865 gear, so really for Trial to be overtuned compared to EN is easy to happen.

Even if Trial is easy on HC it doesn't mean it's not overtuned, a lot of people are going to be entering the raid with a higher average ilvl than the gear the raid drops, AKA massively overgearing the place, if there is any challenge beyond mechanical then the tuning is much tighter than EN.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Damn it feels good to see a challenging instance. Went in with a 870 pug with discord and took a few tries for each boss on normal, especially helya. I feel that the 850-60 peeps are going to struggle on normal bosses.
    sorry but having 870 doesnt mean ur a good player, any average player atm has 870.