Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Holinka already said go fuck yourself

too lazy to google actaul quote, but it was something along the lines of "people are used to getting what they want and will take time for them to get used to the new system"

so they have heard, they just dont care

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Holinka already said go fuck yourself

too lazy to google actaul quote, but it was something along the lines of "people are used to getting what they want and will take time for them to get used to the new system"

so they have heard, they just dont care
    glad i quit in the first month so I haven't wasted any extra time on this shit - take a week break from the game, don't worry about falling behind, at the end of the week you will not want to come back to it, test yourself, its a good way to see if you actually enjoy what you are doing each time you play, or you are just slowly grinding away hours of your life for no real end-game goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yes it actually is. Not to mention the cumulative effect when added to arti wep and trait differences.

There are plenty of threads discussing this already, not going to re-argue it here.
    Then farm your AP. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Then farm your AP. What's the problem?
    That this is hard on alts.

Again, read the threads. You started with "gear doesn't matter in PVP". That was wrong. Now we are on "AP doesn't matter", which is also wrong. Before going with a third deep thought, read. the. threads.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Again, read the threads. You started with "gear doesn't matter in PVP". That was wrong. Now we are on "AP doesn't matter", which is also wrong. Before going with a third deep thought, read. the. threads.
    Why is this harder on alts than on main?? And never said that AP doesn't matter, just farm it. Sounds like crybabies that want their fresh 110 alt roflstomping everything.

Gear has a very marginal impact. And if you're afraid of pve boyz, note that they also don't have all pvp talents unlocked.

Deleted

He never said "AP doesn't matter"... he said you should farm it if you want it.
    I find PvP to be a quite good source of AP... Every 2 PvP levels you get a good chunk, additionaly to good increases when you win your games or minor ones when you lose. Now... if you suck at PvP and keep losing (getting low AP items) that might have it's source elsewhere.

The 4-5 good items per hour in PvP isn't true either. It's hardly 1 per day or so... and even that one starts repeating itself on a day to day basis.
    A big difference is:
    - In PVE you will want to be choicy about which item you are equiping based on stats
    - In PVP it's a lot simpler; you look at ILVL and decide quickly.

Gear on alts shouldn't be an issue either... you will be 850 in no time, if you only do a few WQs each day. And 850-870 (or what the ilvl on an "average" active character is) won't matter that much.

Legion PvP is officially an abortion.

Why is this harder on alts than on main?? And never said that AP doesn't matter, just farm it. Sounds like crybabies that want their fresh 110 alt roflstomping everything.

Gear has a very marginal impact. And if you're afraid of pve boyz, note that they also don't have all pvp talents unlocked.
    AP is hard on alts because every ounce of time you spend on alts you aren't spending on main and AP is unlimited. So, if you go with alts, you gimp your main. And alts matter a lot because the balance is far from perfect and so, chances are, the spec you start with and put your AP into is not going to be great - at any time, 6-10 specs are on top of others, so your chances of lucking out into picking one of them aren't big, and even if you manage to guess right, that can easily change in a few weeks.

Gear has about the same impact it had in previous expansions. Math.

- - - Updated - - -

And because I just know that the last para is going to evoke tons of emotion and obviously nobody is going to read any other threads on the forum (why read, we are all writers here), here's the last para expanded:

Previous expansions had honor gear and conquest gear, plus they scaled and capped your ilvl in PVP scenarios. Getting conquest gear took time, but getting honor gear was a piece of cake (easier than getting PVP talents now). The difference between a guy in honor and a guy in conquest was about 10% stats. That's about the same as we have now, in the very first season of Legion. The end.

For details, ie, proof of "getting honor gear was a piece of cake", proof of "the difference was about 10% stats", proof of "that's about the same difference as now", and for many additional points which make Legion *worse* in this respect than previous expansions, see. the. threads. This time for real.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-11 at 09:06 AM.

AP is hard on alts because every ounce of time you spend on alts you aren't spending on main and AP is unlimited. So, if you go with alts, you gimp your main. And alts matter a lot because the balance is far from perfect and so, chances are, the spec you start with and put your AP into is not going to be great - at any time, 6-10 specs are on top of others, so your chances of lucking out into picking one of them aren't big, and even if you manage to guess right, that can easily change in a few weeks.

Gear has about the same impact it had in previous expansions. Math.

- - - Updated - - -

And because I just know that the last para is going to evoke tons of emotion and obviously nobody is going to read any other threads on the forum (why read, we are all writers here), here's the last para expanded:

Previous expansions had honor gear and conquest gear, plus they scaled and capped your ilvl in PVP scenarios. Getting conquest gear took time, but getting honor gear was a piece of cake (easier than getting PVP talents now). The difference between a guy in honor and a guy in conquest was about 10% stats. That's about the same as we have now, in the very first season of Legion. The end.

For details, ie, proof of "getting honor gear was a piece of cake", proof of "the difference was about 10% stats", proof of "that's about the same difference as now", and for many additional points which make Legion *worse* in this respect than previous expansions, see. the. threads. This time for real.
    So you want your main and all your alts (+ all their specs) to have the same level of AP so you can easily switch to the FOTM pvp spec? ok, keep complaining then.

Also if you think you keep losing in pvp because of 10% less stats (which also means you are 50 ilvl behind), maybe you should look elsewhere.

So you want your main and all your alts (+ all their specs) to have the same level of AP so you can easily switch to the FOTM pvp spec? ok, keep complaining then.

Also if you think you keep losing in pvp because of 10% less stats (which also means you are 50 ilvl behind), maybe you should look elsewhere.
    Yes, I want to be able to switch to FOTM easily because, as I say, the balance isn't great and FOTMs dominate. If balance was better and FOTMs didn't dominate, I wouldn't have argued for that.

I did not complain that I can't do alts easily now. Because I think they will see how big of an issue this is and will solve it in the near future.

The difference of 10% less stats is significant. As I say, it's the same as the difference between full honor and full conquest. (I guess you might be a noob who didn't even PVP when we had honor and conquest. Not sure why you are talking instead of listening then.)

Did I say I keep losing in PVP? I did not.

All in all, your responses are an incoherent mess of non-sequitur pseudo-points which you think sound cool for some reason. I keep making that mistake trying to lay things out in response to idiocies like "gear doesn't matter", thinking that the person is just uninformed. The reality is that they are not only uninformed, they are also arrogant and can't read or reason. So, I guess next time I will repeat this mistake will be at least 3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Blizz employees don't come on here, post this over on the WoW forums if you want their attention.
    Yes they do.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yes they do.
    Only in your wettest of dreams, friendo.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I think the things that most pvpers dislike in this expansion are so fundamental in legions design (no pvp gear, templates, pruning, balance problems caused by class simplification, random gearing, no wpvp support, no cap on pvp power so all can play on an even field, no sense of character progression in pvp etc etc..), that they just cannot be fixed during this particular expansion. Heck, they can't even fix BUGS in the game, let along solve problems.. So a couple of years from now, if wow is still around.....maybe!

Don't know why things went that bad for pvp, but this particular part of the game screams decadence. It 's like, total, unprecedented failure with pretty much each and every change they made.

I thought they fixed PVP rewards so they give better stuff? I got a blue from a RBG win yesterday.

First of the season I got a couple good pieces (one was even 870) but literally everything after that has been total shit. And EVERYTHING has versatility and mastery on it. Even WQ cloth rewards, so much versatility and mastery. I guess they want people to do dungeons.

Deleted
    Today I got my legendary but still haven't gotten my helm to complete PvP transmog set. I have been PvPing everyday since launch but rng is rng. PvP reward system will revert back to vendor or something with less RNG but doesn't seem like that will happen this xpac.

legion pvp is there to bot legendaries and AP it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    rda's right, we've been down this road 800 times already.

"Gear doesn't matter coz ilvl & OMG TEMPLATES!1!!" is one of the biggest propaganda lies Blizz has ever come up with.
    They didn't say it had no impact, only that it is much reduced.
    Players claiming blizzard said it had no impact are the ones lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    I thought they fixed PVP rewards so they give better stuff? I got a blue from a RBG win yesterday.

First of the season I got a couple good pieces (one was even 870) but literally everything after that has been total shit. And EVERYTHING has versatility and mastery on it. Even WQ cloth rewards, so much versatility and mastery. I guess they want people to do dungeons.
    The stats on PvP gear rewards aren't a good argument to complain about, since there is absolutely no difference between them in instanced PvP due to the template system.

Gear with the same item level is equally good in instanced PvP with versatility as it is mastery.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-12 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

RNG: destro lock mastery
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They didn't say it had no impact, only that it is much reduced.
    Players claiming blizzard said it had no impact are the ones lying.

The person I was replying to in that post said, "How do you "gear for pvp" when gear does next to nothing in pvp?" in post #10. That is virtually the same as saying it has no impact or gear doesn't matter. You are splitting hairs and it's ridiculous.

All during pre-launch Blizz kept the premise going that Legion gear would have miniscule bearing on PvP power, and that everything would be just ducky with templates and their new system. In fact, it was the big selling point of Legion PvP that finally we'd have balance and no one would have to worry about gear, reforging, secondary stats, gemming, set bonuses, or the rest.

That was turned into the "gear doesn't matter" meme by some of the fanboys trying to defend what turned out to be a shitty, rigged mess of hand-holding, endless grinds, and crazy-making RNG decided by Blizzes skewed algorithms and corporate bean-counters, while gear still actually does matter.

A few of us warned others here that it would be a disaster. Many drank the Blizz Kool-Aid anyway (as if WoD was just a fluke) went on and bought Legion and now have buyer's remorse or have quit.

Deleted
    So many threads in Mmo-c are about PvP reward or gear but I don't see any thread related to this on US PvP forum. If you want Blizzard to listen to our problems then have to post there constructively. I don't have access US forums or I would make a thread.