Deleted

Please fix my healing (holy)

Hello and good day to you!

I am recently swapping mains from resto shaman (just too many mail wearers in the guild i joined) to a holy priest. I know it will take a little getting used to and am really hoping you could help me with some pointers.

My character: Lilnore on Aszune EU (sorry, can't post links yet)
    Logs of yesturday's progression raid: in warcraftlogs /reports/6qhB9NkVYCWmK3Gf#fight=28&type=summary

On a side note - Divine Hymn was assigned specific time to use; Apotheosis, however, was not (still feel clumsy with this one, working on it). My main assignment was raid healing.
    I am also running the greatcloak of suicide, which i used for more mana.

I know a lot of it is learned by doing to get in to muscle memory, but i want to be learning right from the beginning so any help is appreciated

Another question is about gear - should i favor my 1165 Crit/877 Mastery 865 ilvl neck over a 957 Haste/1136 Mastery ilvl 885 neck i got from Myth Ursoc bonus roll?
    And on trinkets - i like to run 870 Fog in one slot, but for the other one which would you suggest i choose from the following:

ilvl 865 1418 Intellect/986 Crit Phial
    ilvl 865 822 Crit/822 Haste/822 Mastery/822 Versa Archoncrystal
    ilvl 865 Horn of Cenarius with socket (don't like use trinkets)
    ilvl 855 Heightened Senses
    ilvl 850 Concave Reflecting Lens from VoW
    ilvl 850 Mote of Sanctification with socket from HoV

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by mmocd2aa68d988; 2016-11-09 at 08:43 PM.

Best use of apothesis is when there is spike damage on a smaller number of the raid.
    Necks don't have Intelelct so ilvl doesn't matter so much, the crit/mast is better
    The Intel/crit Stat stick is the best out of those options, look into getting a darkmoon deck or an amalgams for regen on some fights

Deleted
    Here are some more logs if anyone can help me with some pointers:

warcraftlogs .com/reports/gkKt3BTbAxV2XJ9H#type=healing

Judging by the performance % i should be doing sooo much more i do admit regen was becoming an issue on Odyn, so gritted my teeth and went out to get Promises after raid, but spell wise i would love some help. What am i using too much of? What am i not using enough? Am i missing something? Any tips?
    Last edited by mmocd2aa68d988; 2016-11-11 at 07:35 AM.

That's a lot of prayers of healing. not convinced that's entirely necessary. remember to cast sanctify before prayer of healing whenever possible.

You're under using your holy words pretty badly. not only are they amazing spells in and of themselves they're also triggers for a lot of buffs to your healing.

You also didn't cast light of T'uure at all, drag that spell on your bar!

I think that's plenty to fix for now.

Quote Originally Posted by arones View Post
    Here are some more logs if anyone can help me with some pointers:

warcraftlogs .com/reports/gkKt3BTbAxV2XJ9H#type=healing

Judging by the performance % i should be doing sooo much more i do admit regen was becoming an issue on Odyn, so gritted my teeth and went out to get Promises after raid, but spell wise i would love some help. What am i using too much of? What am i not using enough? Am i missing something? Any tips?
    Your performance % (by ilvl) is headed in the right direction. A lot of that just has to do with itemization. You can see how much better you do as your crit goes up from that Ursoc fight to Odyn. Crit is a really big deal for HPriest. Without using Anjuna's/Benediction/Enduring Renewal etc., haste is pretty bad so keep on dumping it where you can.

As mentioned before, maximize your Power of the Naaru window by casting Sanctify then Prayers of Healing. If you don't have Sanctify available then PoH isn't that great, especially since you don't have Holy Guidance filled out yet. Use Trail of Light Flash Heals instead for Blessing Procs and more reliable/focused healing.

Use Light of Tu'ure on the move rather than Renew. You have very little reason to ever be casting Renew. Even if you're on the move Renew is probably not going to make any difference in whether someone lives or dies and you'd just be better off saving that mana for a Flash Heal when you stop moving.

Unless your raid leader/heal leader has asked you to spec Symbol of Hope for a very specific reason, ditch it for Light of the Naaru. It's a far better talent most of the time. You get more casts of the very efficient Holy words, more Divinity uptime, etc. Symbol takes a lot of communication and teamwork to make it worthwhile, and it doesn't look like your healers are by any means maximizing it.

If you are being asked to use Symbol for whatever reason, try Benediction instead of Apotheosis, especially since you said your Apotheosis isn't being coordinated with other healer cd's. Apoth loses a lot of it's oomph without Light of the Naaru. Make sure you're casting Prayer of Mending on cooldown if you do switch.

Honestly though, you're headed in the right direction. Just keep practicing the class like you are and these things will start to be second nature.

Deleted
    Tbh I would rather roll druid.
    More mobility, deff cds and more output.

Priest is pretty shit, divine hymn is still absolute garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    divine hymn is still absolute garbage
    This meme needs to die.

Now that PoM's "AI" has been adjusted, Divine Hymn is perfectly on par with Tranq and the others.

For the rest, you have a point, until RDruid gets nerfed in 7.1.5 then what? Just reroll again? : p If you have nothing of merit to post, please do everyone a favor and just scream your frustrations into a pillow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    This meme needs to die.
    >implying its a meme

You can't move during it, it ticks slowly, usually tends to overheal quite a lot, leaves you vulnerable to basically any form of voidzone that could target you (mariner on helya, spears on odyn) and its output is shit. Its shit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Now that PoM's "AI" has been adjusted, Divine Hymn is perfectly on par with Tranq and the others.
    It has longer cooldown, is stationary and delivers its full healing 6 seconds later thanks to Mastery. That's a weird definition of "on par".

Deleted
    Personally theres two styles of healing as a hpriest imo. You have the Aoe style (zeulon) and then my style which focuses more on heavy spot healing although this was only normal i feel personally that FoL could have been more but if you look at zeulon's healing he makes the PoH style work more than fine too its all about getting the 20% healing buff + then the divinity 6 second heals too... if you can you'll want to do spawn your t'uure before Hymn as well just ramping up the hymn as much as u can however at times it can be really hard to proc everything to setup the perfect Hymn. Practice makes perfect i tend to focus on removing the CD of my serenity and let santifcy cd sort its self out unless extreme predictable aoe is coming in.

/reports/F4jQLWrtqAgDHkw2#fight=4&type=healing

it ticks slowly
    What? Ticks just about the same speed as Tranq.

usually tends to overheal quite a lot
    its output is shit.
    You say it overheals a lot but in the same breath you say it doesn't heal very much.

Nice meme.

leaves you vulnerable to basically any form of voidzone that could target you (mariner on helya, spears on odyn)
    Then watch timers? Not that hard.

The only reason DH overheals is because you simply aren't using it correctly.
    Sure I have times where it sits on 40%+ overheal but thats my fault, usually I can get between 15-25% which I feel is a more then reasonable amount.

It may not heal as much as Tranq, but while you have PoM out that extra healing does not get added. If you are spec'd into Benediction, that healing is also not added. It gives 10% healing buff to your entire raid which is stronger then you might think. The only downfall is stationary casting, which just means you need to use it more wisely. Druids are supposed to be the mobile healer, so being able to tranq while moving makes sense.

The only change that needs to be made is removing the cast time on PoM. Gives and extra instant and actually allows holy to flow the way it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    What? Ticks just about the same speed as Tranq.

You say it overheals a lot but in the same breath you say it doesn't heal very much.

Nice meme.

Then watch timers? Not that hard.
    i would try to argue with you, but knowing you and the outright garbage you sometimes post, i rather wont. People made a few times fun of you in the priest class discord, especially for your posts in Minds Disc guide.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-11-15 at 04:59 PM.

i would try to argue with you, but knowing you and the outright garbage you sometimes post, i rather wont.
    Okay, bye.

People made a few times fun of you in the priest class discord, especially for your posts in Minds Disc guide.
    Oh no, random anonymous people that I don't know are making fun of me! My reputation is ruined! Brb committing Sudoku
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-12-19 at 10:04 PM.

Ez answr, play disc, kek lamo Holy izn't a reals healer rofl xD Trash spex, legion changes r dum, devs are dum, should go back to downranked Heal spam like in Vanilla rofl xD

Yeah how do you hpriests like it huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, hey, nice solution, roll the other armor type they've got shitloads of already. Freaking genius here guys, lets get a 5th druid in the raid, should go nicely with the other 4 druids, the DH and the two monks!
    Think before you post.

- - - Updated - - -

i would try to argue with you, but knowing you and the outright garbage you sometimes post, i rather wont. People made a few times fun of you in the priest class discord, especially for your posts in Minds Disc guide.
    Credit for this though, made me laugh see it said by someone other than the usual lot.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered