Holy Paladin and Guarm

Hey all

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if it was just coïncidence but me and my guild did some Trial of Valor yesterday and when we where fighting Guarm the melee dps noticed that they where getting hit by the licks. I was standing in melee because of our mastery, but since I am a healer I opted to try and stand in range and see if it was me.

All the tries after melee didn't get hit by the licks anymore. was it just coïncidence or did blizz actualy force you to spec into lightbringer on this fight? (not that I complain lightbringer is usualy a nice talent to play with, was just wondering)
    Last edited by Lycanhero; 2016-11-10 at 02:26 PM.

Signature made by Hinoto.

I have a world rank 1 kill on my Hpal (for my ilvl) on normal for this boss. Check out the log. I didn't stand with melee at all. Beacon w/ lightbringer talented makes no sense in doing so.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing

Your tanks and/or melee were probably hugging each other too much, then changed whatever they were doing wrong without communicating it. I stood in melee the whole fight and had no issues, incidentally trivially outhealing #1-for-his-ilvl up there while spending all my time DPSing because we brought way too many healers. Probably shouldn't take his brilliant advice on lightbringer either since this fight was made for faith.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Yea, I noticed the same thing. It'd be swell if Blizzard could come up with consistent way to apply melee immunity, it seems completely random what mechanic works and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Methyltren View Post
    you're actually dogshit lmfao
    To perform at 90%* for the ilvl you were wasn't very impressive.

I was getting licked in the melee last night. I even tried with Beacon of Faith as well as Beacon of the Lightbringer thinking Lightbringer was removing the melee immunity. No such luck. We had 4 in melee and 6 at ranged alive at the time, plus the two tanks. Extremely frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Methyltren View Post
    I have a world rank 1 kill on my Hpal (for my ilvl) on normal for this boss. Check out the log. I didn't stand with melee at all. Beacon w/ lightbringer talented makes no sense in doing so.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=healing
    It's a 90th percentile for a low ilvl that very few people actually are on their mains still. You're competing with alts. It's really nothing to talk up about.

OP, we tried the same thing, having our holy pally in melee, but it worked fine. Didn't have a lick. It could very easily have been luck on our behalf, we only had 4 attempts before we got the kill. You can usually see the initial target of lick, keep an eye out for it and see if it lands on you, or just stand slightly away from melee for one attempt, far enough away so that it doesn't also jump to melee, and see if lick goes on you, despite you being in melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    OP, we tried the same thing, having our holy pally in melee, but it worked fine. Didn't have a lick. It could very easily have been luck on our behalf, we only had 4 attempts before we got the kill.
    3 attempts for us, I did get licks on one. Still not sure what caused it. I'd really be interested in a confirmation regarding this!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh I think Guarn will lick melee only if there are not enough range, maybe when the OP moved to melee the raid crossed that threshold
    This is probably the case. They need to have this kind of limit to avoid cheese tactics
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

it's a bug for both MWs/Paladins.

we are nto meant to be targets of the lick but for some reason we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanhero View Post
    Hey all

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if it was just coïncidence but me and my guild did some Trial of Valor yesterday and when we where fighting Guarm the melee dps noticed that they where getting hit by the licks. I was standing in melee because of our mastery, but since I am a healer I opted to try and stand in range and see if it was me.

All the tries after melee didn't get hit by the licks anymore. was it just coïncidence or did blizz actualy force you to spec into lightbringer on this fight? (not that I complain lightbringer is usualy a nice talent to play with, was just wondering)
    I stand on Guarm's front right foot while melee position on his left side and his back right foot. I use beacon of faith. I take aura of sacrifice and am also standing within 10 yards of tanks to help reduce the damage they take.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it's a bug for both MWs/Paladins.

we are nto meant to be targets of the lick but for some reason we are.
    This. I got targeted with lick last week too. I'll be staying out of melee going forward.