Refuse to turn right on red until Electoral College abolished bumper magnet

What if people protest the Electoral College by refusing to turn right on red, and having a bumper magnet that explains this? AFAIK, there are no laws against this. As long as you go when the light turns green, you're good. The bumper magnet would almost look like what you see on the back of school buses: "THIS CAR WILL NOT TURN RIGHT ON RED UNTIL ELECTORAL COLLEGE ABOLISHED!"

I think one reason why Congress hasn't gotten around to making the necessary Constitutional Amendment is because they have no motivation to do so. No one in Congress ever feels like he/she needs to get such an amendment going in order to win reelection in November. So if it's not necessary to get reelected, then why bother?

So what I'm hoping to do is create a situation where so many people are upset about waiting behind cars not turning right on red, that all of a sudden, there's meaningful pressure on Congress to do something. And then there'd be pressure on the States to ratify it.

I know some people reading this might think I'm bitter over Clinton's loss (no I'm not). One day, it may be a Republican that wins the popular vote, but loses the Electoral College.

Would it be safe for cars to stop turning right on red? Let's see: School buses and I think some other vehicles have been prohibited from turning right on red for years! I don't see any safety issues there!

What do you all think about this idea? If you think it's bad, please explain. And if you think it's good, what could I do to spread this idea to as many people as I can? I figure, if many people do this, then Congress could start getting some meaningful pressure to make the Amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres already an Electoral College thread, in addition to this just not being a good thread

closing