Thread: Dps/healing ???

Question Dps/healing ???

Hello, i want to create a class with a dps and a healing spec, because i love healing but sometimes i want to play with a dps. So, i've got more interested in the shaman (Elemental/Resto), or priest (Shadow/Disc). So for PVP are both viable? These classes are fun to play? What is your opinion?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always hated Priest both mechanically and aesthetically. It's the one class in this game that I find just unbearable to play. I think Shaman is fun. Don't rule out hybrid classes like Druids, Paladins, and Monks. So... I can't tell you which class is going to be the most fun for you. I can't tell you what the best PvP class is because it's a constant cycle of buffs and nerfs, and some specs are more viable at certain things. I suggest you make use of the 100 Class Trial system already in the game to experiment with an aesthetic and feel that you enjoy.

Not to be "that guy" or anything who just says play what you think is fun, but most if not every spec seems pretty viable unless you really want to push rating seriously.

Deleted
    Imo balance has never been better in WoW PvP. Thus, class decision more than ever depends on your playstyle.

- Shaman is very good at topping people because it has strong burst heals. Shaman is usually a preferred target to train because escapability is not that good and the raw healing output of a free-casting Shaman is almost impossible to overcome as DPS. The DPS specs of Shaman are both good currently. Elemental is the bursty caster spec with some utility, while Enhancement is almost a raw damage spec.

- Priest is the most offensive healer and with the new design it is more than ever needed that you also focus on dealing damage to enemies. However, defensively they are probably the weakest healing spec currently. You need team mates to support you because you cannot kite very well and don't have the raw output of a Shaman for example. Priest DPS spec is strong but very dependent on competent partners. Not a good "solo" spec.

- Monk ist probably the most defensive healer. The burst healing is not as good as Priest or Shaman, but the healing almost never stops. Monks also have insane mobility and are very bad focus targets because they have so many ways to get away. Good Monk healers usually make fights last very long. Their offensive capabilities are pretty weak, though. Monk DPS spec is awesome currently imo. Very mobile and strong damage, but easy to kill once the defensive CD (Karma) is down.

- Paladins are also quite defensive with their big defensive CDs (bubbles). They are also quite durable when being trained. Not as mobile as Monk but better burst healing, especially with Wings. With Wings and the right talents they also can deal quite good damage to support the team. Paladin DPS spec is also good atm and plays almost like a Warrior with additional support abilities (but worse mobility). Ret Paladins are more durable than WW Monks, but less mobile and have less CC.

- Druids are the healer with the strongest CC abilities (Cyclone/Roots/Stun). They also have good mobility, but not as much as WW. Their burst healing is not great, but their sustained healing (HoTs) is strong. Currently they are a bit weak at surviving. Once Treeform is down, Druids make a quite viable focus target. Both Druid DD specs are good PvP specs currently. Feral has really strong pressure, good burst, and good survivability. Boomkin does not work in many arena teams but is super good in RBGs. It has good burst and good sustained damage. Survivability is not so great though.

If your choice is only between Shaman and Priest and playstyle doesn't matter that much for you, I'd definitely go Shaman currently. Only if you focus mainly on RBGs Priest is the better choice (but also not 1st tier healer in RBGs).

Deleted
    if you just do random BGs, ele is very fun, stand at back , flame shock everyone. watch the lava procs fly in

Of the two, I'd say go sham.