Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You don't have to vote to show you care, just talking about the issues to people with an open mind is more than 99% of people do, and it's more than most voters do.
    No, the voters actually went out and VOTED, used their voice where and when it mattered. Chit chat is fun and all, but VOTING matters more than idle chatter, which is all Crapernek appears to engage in.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to vote to show you care, just talking about the issues to people with an open mind is more than 99% of people do, and it's more than most voters do.
    But is he even doing that? Like I said in that post...it seems like all he is really doing is sitting or kneeling so the cameras are on him.

He is a failing player on a failing team...he needs to get attention some way...

If they saw how our political system worked now they probably wouldn't have been willing to die for it.
    I don't know if we really live in some sort of evil, gloom doom setting in the way we are seeing many liberals suggest lol. And there are a lot of people that probably would love to have the rights that we have, in particular with voting. Dismissing this type of power is just a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think people find this humorous because he used a phony civil rights cause to try to gain some publicity, but when the time came for him to actually do his part in delivering said change he asked for, he stayed home.... probably did something important like smoking joints I guess though.
    Shoulda voted for harambe

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since not voting gives politicians 0 reason to care about you or your issues, I'd say it's pretty silly to expect his lack of vote to mean more than an actual vote does. No one can read minds, we can't tell why you're not voting, but we can tell why you'd vote.

Yeah those harambe votes sure mattered :P

Those noble voters, praise be to them.
    At least they Voted. It was a stupid vote, but a stupid vote is still smarter than not voting.

Oh and that 14k votes for the ape is a lie But thats really here nor there.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Americans really to be outraged about un-important bullshit.
    Why is this news?
    Every Gilrak post ---> 1st page ---> "Americans are dumb/getmad/racist/worktomuch/sexist/worldpolice/terriblepeople/hateblm/ignorant about X." Followed up with mass edge i.e "Why is this news?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh, how?

What does a vote for Trump say about the person casting it other than they participated in the act of voting for Trump?
    That they identify with his policy in at least some form, which is more than not voting tells anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Help! This country is oppressing me!
    >proceeds to make more money than 99% of white people in the world

Quickly browsed comments, did not see this.

What state does he live in? Would his vote of mattered? I live in California, my vote does not matter, as an example.

I'm sorry, where were you for the last 8 years of conservatives calling Obama Hitler and saying he was going to destroy America?

What fucking fantasy world do you live in?
    Both sides are stupid when they do this, I do not disagree there. You may think Trump is a bozo or whatever, but you gotta admit man, the left are laying it on pretty thick lol. Everyone laughed when Glenn Beck was crying at the thought of "America being destroyed" under Obama. The scenario we are seeing now really isn't different though.

Quote Originally Posted by Claborn View Post
    Here's how I look at it, I 100% agree with Kaepernick's reason for doing it and those that are mad and don't get it... be mad, it's not for you anyway.
    We need a like button

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't.

I know plenty of people who voted for him purely because they hate Clinton.

Voting for one out of two people tells you NOTHING about the person voting. You are just choosing between two people who both probably don't care about any of the same things you care about at all.
    Hating her pretty much was part of his policy, he threatened to jail her and asked for people to vote for him as a protest. Voting isn't specifically telling people why you voting how you did, but it can at least give some general hints as to why, which is far more information than not voting does.

It's ridiculous that we live in a system where half the country is always going to feel like the other half are Nazi's.
    Yeh, its totally a false comparison.. Trump has talked about his dislike for free press, the rule of law and inspires hate against minorities and women. When did Obama do any of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree with the bolded, but not much else.. and not voting gives you the same vague hints. Like people who don't vote weren't motivated enough, or they didn't like the people running, or even that they were just busy that day.
    Really America should just have a none of the above option like NV does, would send a pretty clear message. Hell in this election, that option might have been polling pretty well the whole time.

I don't think Obama is a Nazi so you would have to ask someone who thinks he is and I'm sure they would give you an answer.

But just because somebody shares qualities with Hitler doesn't make them Hitler.

Hitler drove a car, OH FUCK! CAR DRIVERS ARE HITLER BASICALLY! Come on now.
    Are you arguing that its an obvious embellishment? Because obviously thats pretty obvious...

Your right to vote also includes the right to abstain from it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

He explained with reasoning.....you can agree with it or not, I doubt he cares either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Really America should just have a none of the above option like NV does, would send a pretty clear message. Hell in this election, that option might have been polling pretty well the whole time.
    Casting an abstention ballot achieves the same goal.

You should just be able to vote for an option that restarts the whole election if the options are so hated that nobody even wants them.
    Thats a good idea.